ADVERTISEMENT

Cape HC Job

...and I meant that in humor but respectfully. Years ago, a public official introduced me to OJ...he introduced him as Oliver. I said "nice to meet you, OJ."

Damon Ayers new Cape head coach
Mr. Barnes will be back too.. Now will all the players from Tech might fallow Ayers to Cape.. From my understanding.. They gave him fool control of program.. They will step aside.. Great move by Cape.. Last month he was staying put at Tech.. Wow Cape must really had to say amazing things to Ayers for him to leave that team behind.. Lol

Reactions: handsdownmandown
The actual reason he left Tech was they are being forced to go back to their roots ie... lottery system to get into Tech, no more kids going there strictly for athletics.New administration at Tech isn’t sports friendly imo

Last edited:
84 rider I tried to tell downstate that months ago lol.

Damon was a lock. Tech will be SAAS on 4 years. St. Georges is headed for a similar fate.

Cam the kids who transferred from Cape to Tech transfer back to Cape without penalty?

The actual reason he left Tech was they are being forced to go back to their roots ie... lottery system to get into Tech, no more kids going there strictly for athletes. New administration at Tech isn’t sports friendly imo

That’s exactly right ! Trust me I know all about it my daughter tried to transfer there this year , our local sports guy put it in the paper as 3 sport athlete is transferring to tech both Admin squashed it

84 rider I tried to tell downstate that months ago lol.

Damon was a lock. Tech will be SAAS on 4 years. St. Georges is headed for a similar fate.

Cam the kids who transferred from Cape to Tech transfer back to Cape without penalty?

Believe you can go back to your home school

Their is no free pass to transfer to “home” school. There are no home schools in DE it’s school choice. What you get is 1 free transfer within your first 2 years. If you use that you would either have to move to a different zone or get a hardship waiver

tech will always get talent coming through the school, you just go for the “education”

They can still “recruit” especially freshman

Any front runners to replace Ayers??

tech will always get talent coming through the school, you just go for the “education”

They can still “recruit” especially freshman

Any front runners to replace Ayers??

Can’t recruit freshman, it’s a pure lottery system point blank, in other words, students need to apply for Tech while they are in 7th grade or they must have a sibling that graduated from Tech, other than that it’s first come first serve, if you go to wboc.com there’s a article about it

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Tech is done. They are at mercy of the lottery lol. Don't listen to downstate he s/he has no clue smh. S/he just talking.

Their is no free pass to transfer to “home” school. There are no home schools in DE it’s school choice. What you get is 1 free transfer within your first 2 years. If you use that you would either have to move to a different zone or get a hardship waiver

I believe I saw somewhere that Technical schools or trade schools are treated different from public schools when you’re talking school of choice. For instance if a student as a freshman wants to learn a trade such as automotive repair and then decides his junior year that they want to choose a different career path, they are not penalized for moving back to their home district. Same with private to public if there is economic hardship ie..tuition. School of choice transfer penalties are designed more so for private to private and public to public transfers. School of choice means, if you live in CR school district and want to attend Capital school district (Dover). That is school of choice.

Reactions: Downstate4
It’s actually simpler than that You have school choice. You can go to whatever school you want and you can transfer to whatever school you want one time without “athletic” penalty during your first two years. It’s no more complicated than that but yes it’s easy to get a hardship waiver transferring from private to public. You can simply say you can no longer afford the private tuition.

It’s actually simpler than that You have school choice. You can go to whatever school you want and you can transfer to whatever school you want one time without “athletic” penalty during your first two years. It’s no more complicated than that but yes it’s easy to get a hardship waiver transferring from private to public. You can simply say you can no longer afford the private tuition.
This is correct. There is no home district waiver. You get the one freebie after your freshman or sophomore year. After that, you must get a waiver from the DIAA. These are granted probably 98% of the time. Everyone knows the waiver process is a complete joke, but the DIAA doesn't need the threat of being sued because some kid can't go play with his or her friends. These deliberations are always held in executive session, although as a public body the committee must hold its votes in open session. About the only way for a student to have the waiver denied is to say they are doing it primarily for athletics.

Pennsylvania has fought back against excessive transfers by making athletes sit out any PIAA event the year after transferring if the student played that sport the prior season. The athlete is allowed to play in regular-season games and conference tournaments if they are held, but they cannot compete in the PIAA tournament. This way, the athlete does not have his or her exposure to colleges taken away. The school and athlete can appeal, but the PIAA requires real proof of a hardship or change of circumstances.

The lottery system isn't a total joke. Let's take a peek at your name and match that with what the coaches have shared to the administration. There are ways around the lottery system. It is very easy to do.

The lottery system isn't a total joke. Let's take a peek at your name and match that with what the coaches have shared to the administration. There are ways around the lottery system. It is very easy to do.
Should be that simple but I can remember when 2 7 footer's show up to a gym and there parents wanting them to go to a school in Magnolia not St.THOMAS MOORE AND COACHING STAFF SHARED NAMES AND OTHER THINGS TO ADMIN AND THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IN. IF YOUR ADMIN OR DISTRICT ISN'T PRO SPORTS YOU HAVE TO HOPE YOU HIT THE LOTTERY. BECAUSE A TECH IS AT A DISADVANTAGE WHEN OTHER SCHOOLS HAVE SCHOOL CHOICE OR A PRIVATE SCHOOL CAN RECRUIT.

I remember when Poly had a nice run in basketball. Those kids played together on an AAU team when they were young. They all applied to Poly while in middle school, that’s the only way to get a good team in a tech school now. The kids have to decide early that thy want to play together in high school. So you can still “recruit” it just takes a little more time and determination.

Reactions: Downstate4
That rule was changes a couple years ago. An athlete can go back to his or her home school with out penalty. Even with school choice your home school is the zone in which you live.

I remember when Poly had a nice run in basketball. Those kids played together on an AAU team when they were young. They all applied to Poly while in middle school, that’s the only way to get a good team in a tech school now. The kids have to decide early that thy want to play together in high school. So you can still “recruit” it just takes a little more time and determination.
@84rider CORRECT ABOUT THAT CLASS. BUT I'm TALKING ABOUT THE 7 FOOTER THAT WAS AT SMYRNA. HIM AND HIS BROTHERS WERE GOING TO POLY, BUT FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER THEY DIDN'T GET IN. EVEN HAD THE CORRECT SHOP TO ASK FOR AND EVERYTHING. ADMIN STILL HAS A BIG PART IN WHAT HAPPENS. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. BECAUSE ITS A TRUE LOTTERY. UNLESS YOU WORK AT A TECH YOU GUYS HAVE KNOW CLUE

@84rider CORRECT ABOUT THAT CLASS. BUT I'm TALKING ABOUT THE 7 FOOTER THAT WAS AT SMYRNA. HIM AND HIS BROTHERS WERE GOING TO POLY, BUT FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER THEY DIDN'T GET IN. EVEN HAD THE CORRECT SHOP TO ASK FOR AND EVERYTHING. ADMIN STILL HAS A BIG PART IN WHAT HAPPENS. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. BECAUSE ITS A TRUE LOTTERY. UNLESS YOU WORK AT A TECH YOU GUYS HAVE KNOW CLUE

Actually my sister in law is in admin at Poly...I can tell you, if you want to get into Poly right now you have to apply in 7th grade. Admin doesn’t have a big say so believe me, as a principal, she couldn’t get my daughter into Poly because my daughter waited to late to make her decision entering into 9th grade

Actually my sister in law is in admin at Poly...I can tell you, if you want to get into Poly right now you have to apply in 7th grade. Admin doesn’t have a big say so believe me, as a principal, she couldn’t get my daughter into Poly because my daughter waited to late to make her decision entering into 9th grade
You can not apply to a Tech school until November of your 8th grade year. I've coached there and other places there are things that happen in certain schools that don't take place at P Tech. Everything goes through the Superintendent that's who I was referring to when I said admin.

Reactions: 84rider
That rule was changes a couple years ago. An athlete can go back to his or her home school with out penalty. Even with school choice your home school is the zone in which you live.
Here is the applicable rule from the DIAA website:
2.4.4.1.6 Transfer to School of Residence - A student may transfer to his or her school of residence, which is based on the legal address of the student's custodial parent(s) or court-appointed legal guardian(s), one time without loss of athletic eligibility. For this exception to apply, the transfer must be the student's first transfer during his or her years of high school interscholastic athletic eligibility. (Emphasis mine.)

So the main difference from what I've posted before is that this exception applies at any point during high school eligibility instead of after freshman or sophomore years. However, it doesn't apply to a second transfer.

Reactions: 84rider
Forget all that.. Private schools recruit up and down the State and even out of state every year and even get money for players playing at private schools.. Should be no problem to transfer any where in the State at any grade and how many times they want too.. Tech schools just real petty.. Acting like they private schools .. Enroll in 8th grade please.. Stop it.. Got certain time you can apply to get in like it's a college.. Please.. What a joke..

Forget all that.. Private schools recruit up and down the State and even out of state every year and even get money for players playing at private schools.. Should be no problem to transfer any where in the State at any grade and how many times they want too.. Tech schools just real petty.. Acting like they private schools .. Enroll in 8th grade please.. Stop it.. Got certain time you can apply to get in like it's a college.. Please.. What a joke..

They have to apply, how else would you get into the vote Tech school. just show up first day of school? Tech had 800 application for 250 spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT