ADVERTISEMENT

Caravel 2014 Baseball schedule

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Caravel plays 11 games against out of state teams in 2014. I thought they played a lot last year with 6?? now 11!

How much is too many? Are teams avoiding them so they have to go out of state or do they prefer more out of state competition? I'm not blaming anyone or saying teams can't play out of state games, but in my opinion thats too many. Two games against Conwell-Egan (4-14 in 2013) and two games against Episcopal Academy (10-15 in 2013) and one against WP Charter. I get them playing really good teams like Riverdale and Delbarton from out of state, but i would much rather see them play average teams from our state than less than average out of state teams.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that Caravel is padding their schedule with easy games in case anyone was thinking that. Caravel probably still has one of the toughest schedules this year, if not THE toughest. Besides Conwell & Episcopal, i don't think they play any other teams that had losing records last year. The in state games are Cape, Sallies, Charter, St Marks, Hodgson, Sussex Cntrl, and Appo (all 2013 playoff teams except Cape i believe). I would just rather see them with play more in state games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT