ADVERTISEMENT

Champ Game Prediction

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Honestly I am seriously torn on this one. My son played against both and he feels Cape will win, thinks there offense "clicks" better and has some match up problems for Sals like Dennis.

I actually think the opposite that it is hard to beat a good team twice and Sals will win a close one.

So I predict 11-9 Sals win. But I honestly have no confidence in this pick either way! Just hope its a good game.

Anyone else?

Yea this is gonna be a close one but I'm leaning towards Sallies. Their face off guy is gonna limits Cape's touches on offense enough for them to win this one I think. Also don't like the long gap between Cape's games, feel like they may come out a little flat not having played a game since last Wednesday.

I like Cape to win. I’m not concerned about the layoff. This team seems destined to win. I especially like the team continuity. They have 3-4 guys on offense and 1-2 always show up. Not sure about the injuries for Sallies but I do believe they are missing a couple of starters. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I agree Rider that there "must" be some injury issues with the Sals. I have been to very few games this year but at the Tower Hill game I noticed that only 3 seniors got in the game for the Sals. All on attack. Refresh my memory but didn't the Sals return two D poles who would have been seniors this year and were also on one of the all state teams last year?

I have not seen Cape play this year. But two games stick out on both the Cape and Sallies schedule and that is when both played OCNJ. OCNJ beat Cape 13-9 but the Sals beat OCNJ rather convincingly 13-4. Maybe the 4 goal lose to OCNJ was an "outlier" for Cape or maybe the 4 goal lose to Cape was an "outlier" for the Sals.

The Salesianum schedule was brutal. Teams ranked 7th, 9th, 12th & 16th. The vast majority of teams on the Sals schedule would win the Delaware State Championship in the absence of Cape & Salesianum. Cape played #4 Bullis tough.

I would expect that the Sals would win the game because of their superior face off tandem. Plus Cape already beat the Sals by 4 goals so there may be the pressure of coming in as the favorite. But twice before Cape has beaten superior Salesianum teams in State finals so beating them on Wednesday would surprise no one.

I know Sallies best D-pole is out but i think he’s been out all season. But i wouldn’t discredit Cape beating them earlier in the year to injuries. Cape played Sallies less then 10 days after Sallies 13-4 victory over OCNJ. I’d assume Cape played essentially the same Sallies team as OCNJ.

Also, i know we discussed this in a earlier post, but i’d throw the OCNJ game as a comparison out the window. Sallies played OCNJ at home while Cape had to travel 2+ hours via Ferry/Bus to play them. If you also look at the box score, Cape was up 5-1 at one point.

What i’m trying to say is, you can look at schedules all you want, Sallies and Cape are on the same level this year. I think they were on the same level day one of the lax season and i think they are the same level with just one game left in the season. Should be a great game to say the least!

Is the Sallies goalie (starter) out ? As far as comparisons go, you could say Sallies just beat CR 12-5 while Cape beat CR 17-3, It will definitely be a great matchup, good luck to both teams, hopefully we have an exciting injury free championship. Both teams are certainly worthy.

Both great teams.

Sals definitely has some injury issues - Sr D Pole is out, G thats started season is out, etc. But I wouldnt weep for them they have 3-4 damn good D poles and think the backup G is better anyway.

Still love the Cape attack + Dennis to put some serious points up.

Reactions: listening to noise
The hurt sallies goalie is Skinner the kid from friends. My son plays there and tells me he left home for a year for personal issues, didn’t play that entire time, comes back and gets hurt. Don’t know a whole lot about the other goalie but they are both legit. I got the Sals in this one.

Reactions: listening to noise
I agree Rider that there "must" be some injury issues with the Sals. I have been to very few games this year but at the Tower Hill game I noticed that only 3 seniors got in the game for the Sals. All on attack. Refresh my memory but didn't the Sals return two D poles who would have been seniors this year and were also on one of the all state teams last year?

I have not seen Cape play this year. But two games stick out on both the Cape and Sallies schedule and that is when both played OCNJ. OCNJ beat Cape 13-9 but the Sals beat OCNJ rather convincingly 13-4. Maybe the 4 goal lose to OCNJ was an "outlier" for Cape or maybe the 4 goal lose to Cape was an "outlier" for the Sals.

The Salesianum schedule was brutal. Teams ranked 7th, 9th, 12th & 16th. The vast majority of teams on the Sals schedule would win the Delaware State Championship in the absence of Cape & Salesianum. Cape played #4 Bullis tough.

I would expect that the Sals would win the game because of their superior face off tandem. Plus Cape already beat the Sals by 4 goals so there may be the pressure of coming in as the favorite. But twice before Cape has beaten superior Salesianum teams in State finals so beating them on Wednesday would surprise no one.
Great prediction!!!!

The hurt sallies goalie is Skinner the kid from friends. My son plays there and tells me he left home for a year for personal issues, didn’t play that entire time, comes back and gets hurt. Don’t know a whole lot about the other goalie but they are both legit. I got the Sals in this one.
Also great prediction!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT