ADVERTISEMENT

CYM Wrestling is Back

AllHeart28

Getting reps on JV
Dec 1, 2009
I know this is the football board, but I know there are a number of individuals on this board who have participated or have had their children participate in the great sport of wrestling.

CYM wrestling has not been around since the mid 2000s when it shut down. Sure enough, New Castle County wrestling has felt the full effects from this as the quality and particpation of the sport has decreased significantly in the past 10 years. We can not let this continue. We have a group of individuals who are working hard and have brought back CYM starting this year.

There are currently 5 teams (of course we would like more if anyone has the connections to make that happen at local parishes). Those teams are IHM, St Johns, Holy Angels, St Elizabeths, and Christ the Teacher.

WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF COACHES (head and assistants) for all of these schools. We have been trying for years to bring back this wonderful feeder program for high schools accross NCC and we do not want this opportunity to go wasted after so much work.

Please, this sport has given and taught us so much that is greater than the sport itself and we need to give back. If you would like to donate your time (only about twice a week for 10 weeks) to be a coach please contact myself via email or Vic Leonard.

NickDom28@yahoo.com

Tigerwrestler2@comcast.net

I look forward to hearing from some great individuals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT