ADVERTISEMENT

D-1 Thoughts for next weekend?

Bashed how? So if I am not a follower I am a basher? Modern politics I presume.. So if I oppose Obama I am a racists as well?

No not at all . But to say Penn isnt that good you.dont make sense . Your entitled to your opinion like I am I personally think you been drinking too much Smyrna cool aid and reading the papers too much lol

No not at all . But to say Penn isnt that good you.dont make sense . Your entitled to your opinion like I am I personally think you been drinking too much Smyrna cool aid and reading the papers too much lol

I have never said Penn isn't good. I have said they cant and dont know how to defend Smryna's offense .. as I also said no team in DE knows how to either,,, its not bashing its just stating the truth.. Its has nothing to do with drinking cool aide or press clippings,, I just know what coach Marks teaches and what they are doing, DE just isnt prepared for that,, its that simple,, Hey WP or Sals may prevail... It wont effect me either way but my opinion is Smyrna will walk... if i am wrong then I am wrong.. no big deal

I think Smyrna has a good team dont get me wrong but I think Penn will be ready for them and I think it will be a good game. I believe Penn will have the edge and experience to win

DE isn't prepared for it? The spread offense? Smyrna wins a bunch of games this year and all of a sudden they are the model program in the state? Please. I'll give you this they are running the spread the right way. I've seen some teams in DE try and run it the wrong way. In reality though lots of teams are running some sort of the spread anyway so it's really not that foreign. With the talent Smyrna has they could pretty much run any offense.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Defens, stop antagonizing raven. He is a good person, not a hater and not a basher. ( I know I can be a clown so insults only energize me.) raven has informed opinions and thinks things through.

Smyrna's offensive talent, style and pace in combination are so unique that it is difficult to see anyone matching up with them. I was at the Slowskys - Eagle game....they scored 56 points on the Salesianum! Scary. You can pick Smyrna without being a Penn Basher.

Middletown's already defense shut down the Slowskys. The Gold Helmets better bring their A game or they won't make it to UD.

What are you ravens protector ? He can speak for himself I dont think he needs your help. We both have differences in opinions and thats life . My point is that I wasnt impressed Friday night and I think Penn will be prepared for Smyrna . Raven talks like Penn has no talent dont forget Penn was ranked #1 for 19 weeks for a reason and even now are ranked #2 they must be doing something right thats all im trying to say. You have people writing Penn off . Dont forget this isnt Penn's first rodeo they been there before and know what they need to do. Smyrna wins some games and scores 50 points a game on teams and people think they cant be stopped? I don't believe it but we will all see here soon even myself . It definitely will be a good game that's for sure im not taking anything away from Smyrna .

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Raven doesn't need protection. I like Penn in this game, also.

I have always felt guilty because I lost it with raven like 5-6 years ago and it wasn't justified.

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
DR. I never said anything about talent. Of course Penn has the talent to match up. When i say DE teams cant defend them i am talking about schematically. Point being as others have noted. The teams they played trotted out their base 4-4 or 5-3. I dont care how good your players are its not going to work. Hey who knows Dooley might bring in a new scheme and employ it vs Smyrna. Thats what i would do. Bring in a coach who plays these type teams and put something in. What i wouldnt do is trot out my 4-4. Expecting to stop them with pressure and 1 on1 coverage. Maybe dooley has something up his sleeve. Who knows? We will see sat

I understand Raven sounds fair . Like you said maybe Dooley will have something for them then again maybe not only time will tell . Is it Saturday yet lol haha

Honestly fellas- the 4 D1 teams left are who we think they are- they're the top teams in the state hands down. Let Friday and Saturday pan out and we'll see...no sense in insulting each other over things that none of us have any control over.

Whats the fun it that? Good old fashioned forum bantering is fun. Its not personal. Hell if everyone waited for the results there would be no need for forums or opinions. Just saying.

If somebody tried or tries to defend Smyrna with a 5-3 they should be fired on the spot. I can't believe anyone would be that stupid. Smyrna would score a 100 on them.

Looked like Mount was running a 4-2-5 or at least trying too. I saw 6 in the box a lot.

From what i saw mp was running a 4-4 only the olb's walked out to the slots making it look like something else. They were playing 4-4 man.

Yeah I'm watching hudl right now and seeing the same (yeah I have no life). Seeing some of the same out of Penn. Not so sure that's a good plan.

I didn't see Penn much this year except for against running teams (Sals and MT).

Chi Chi Amachi is a hell of a talent and really stands out on film.

Reactions: Wolverine52
Penn is going to trot out whatever their base D is and have some wrinkles in coverages. Its not going to work. 3 man front cover2/tampa 2 is your best bet.and that only works iif you know how to coach it and if the kids buy in.

Penn is going to trot out whatever their base D is and have some wrinkles in coverages. Its not going to work. 3 man front cover2/tampa 2 is your best bet.and that only works iif you know how to coach it and if the kids buy in.

That's just one way of stopping the Smyrna O imho. Pressure breeds pressure and causes bad decisions. Screens get picked-off and returned for TD's. Smyrna will score but I don't think they get to the 40's and they have to be in the 50's to win this one. Just like when Chip Kelly was at Oregon and he would have to face a physical defense in the bowl games. Oregon could never win the big one when the score was in the low 20's. Love this match-up and all the banter.

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
Penn controlled the ball for 10 plus minutes in opening Qtr vs MT, one way to beat a team is not to allow the offense on the field. I see the same vs Smyrna, ball control, eat up clock no mistakes, the trenches win this one and WP has a huge advantage there. Toe to Toe WP can't match the tempo of the Eagle O.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Sals vs MT, really depends on which teams show up? MT has been very undisciplined pretty much all season last week was no exception ST had more yardage due to MT penalties than offensive yardage, almost embarrassing as a MT fan. MT can definitely win this match up, but only if they eliminate the penalties and turnovers. Offensively they are moving the ball well now that Datillo is back @ full strength, Whitehead provides a good 1-2 punch that they lacked in the first meeting. Defensively MT wins the battle, Sals is going to have to throw in order to beat the Cavs period, Reeder will be contained. MT will stack the box w/9 guys I'm sure like they did against Troy R in 2012. If MT brings A game victory by the slightest of margins, if not Sals wins by double digits!! JMHO

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT