ADVERTISEMENT

D-1 Thoughts for next weekend?

Exactly Fan your right scrimmages do not matter my point exactly . That's what I was talking about but if you were there that night you might have thought Smyrna won a state title when Penn was missing half their starters so my point exactly but youjust me doesnt get it. Its ok as I said earlier Smyrna hasnt played anyone strong teams this year except Sallies and Mount had Smyrna on the run in the first half last night just wait til Penn gets to them

Just throwing my 2 cents out there. I too was at the Smyrna game last night and was a bit surprised by a few things. If Smyrna goes with the onside kick every time giving WP a short field, it's gonna be a long day. WP will score 60+. I thought Mount didn't throw the ball to #5 enough. Smyrna's refusal to double that kid was coaching arrogance imo. If they do that with Amichi he'll have at least 5 TD's. In the end, I think Smyrna is a year away as they have a lot of juniors and sophs in their starting line-up. WP is senior laden with kids that are battle tested. Sorry rr2, I respectfully disagree with your thoughts about stopping the Smyrna O. I'm betting WP is gonna man up and bring the house too make Henderson speed up his decision making. Like Buddy Ryan used to do with the run-n-shoot teams. Cut off the head (QB) and the body will die. Only thing I wonder is could Smyrna of had some 1st play-off game jitters??? Weather could be a factor too... It all makes for a must see game. Can't wait!

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
Penn has the better defense and wins because they will keep Knight in check. You have to be careful blitzing house with all the bubble screens and quick throws Smyrna uses.

Reactions: Chesdel
I agree Nuk I dont know why they didn't throw to #5 last night for Mount he was one on one all night and Smyrna couldnt cover him well not sure why they got away from throwing to him more . I agree also Nuk with the onside kick doesnt make sense to give Penn a short field could be trouble. I just think Smyrna is very cocky in all they do from the onside kicks to always going for 2 ,and the running up of the scores this year . Not to mention not sure how the coaching staff got away with celebrating on the field last night and being on the field between plays looks like they got away with alot . I know the rules this year especially up north about being on the field are very strict and draw flags I have seen it .

Just throwing my 2 cents out there. I too was at the Smyrna game last night and was a bit surprised by a few things. If Smyrna goes with the onside kick every time giving WP a short field, it's gonna be a long day. WP will score 60+. I thought Mount didn't throw the ball to #5 enough. Smyrna's refusal to double that kid was coaching arrogance imo. If they do that with Amichi he'll have at least 5 TD's. In the end, I think Smyrna is a year away as they have a lot of juniors and sophs in their starting line-up. WP is senior laden with kids that are battle tested. Sorry rr2, I respectfully disagree with your thoughts about stopping the Smyrna O. I'm betting WP is gonna man up and bring the house too make Henderson speed up his decision making. Like Buddy Ryan used to do with the run-n-shoot teams. Cut off the head (QB) and the body will die. Only thing I wonder is could Smyrna of had some 1st play-off game jitters??? Weather could be a factor too... It all makes for a must see game. Can't wait!

http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2014/10/evaluating-the-surprise-onside-kick/

Reactions: nuk59
Not to mention not sure how the coaching staff got away with celebrating on the field last night and being on the field between plays looks like they got away with alot . I know the rules this year especially up north about being on the field are very strict and draw flags I have seen it .

Smyrna has taken a lesson from MT - they've gotten away with it for years. With no flags. Worst example was the 2013 D1 championship game. However, they were not celebrating that year - just raising hell on the field.

11000530_10152639768965846_4097262086966398555_n.jpg

RR, she looks better with make-up....hahaha

RR2 don't care... butter faces don't matter its all about the bod.. not a fan of the wrinkles I must say

Last edited:
Slowskys were manhandled by Cavs who had 6 turnovers and gave the game to the clones.
Look for the Slowskys to lose their first tournament game at Baynard sice 2004 (Newark / Cotton).

The Cavs really pushed around the Slowskys Oline. Now, that MDT is at full strength look for the cowbells to ring.

Bummy as much as I enjoyed your wit and posts in the past your reincarnation is just dumb.. There is no way in hell MT beats the Sals this week at Baynard,, Your prognostications have crossed threshold of wishful thinking to downright lunacy.. Actually its impossible to even take you seriously anymore.. UncleBumfuzzled = DePreps Troll

rr2, "no way in Hell"? Come on now, these are not the dominating teams of years past and we all know that. MT is healthy again and they have different guys carrying the football now, I agree Sals are the favorite but it won't take divine intervention for the Cavs to win!

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
rr2, "no way in Hell"? Come on now, these are not the dominating teams of years past and we all know that. MT is healthy again and they have different guys carrying the football now, I agree Sals are the favorite but it won't take divine intervention for the Cavs to win!

Yes it probably will... Not sure where all the MT confidence is coming coming from.. the only 2 good teams they played they lost to.

Bummy as much as I enjoyed your wit and posts in the past your reincarnation is just dumb.. There is no way in hell MT beats the Sals this week at Baynard,, Your prognostications have crossed threshold of wishful thinking to downright lunacy.. Actually its impossible to even take you seriously anymore.. UncleBumfuzzled = DePreps Troll

That was mean spirited and you have hurt my feelings.

Raven, you are on top of things. You remember the first Slowskys - Cavs game. The Slowskys were the benefactor of a horrible 6 turnover game. The Cavs stopped the Sals offense.

MDT has lost 2 games to 2 opponents that are #1 and #2 in the state and whose collective record thus far is 18-2.
I don't understand how you say there is "no way" that they beat the Sals.

Think about how good the Cavs are.

That was mean spirited and you have hurt my feelings.

Raven, you are on top of things. You remember the first Slowskys - Cavs game. The Slowskys were the benefactor of a horrible 6 turnover game. The Cavs stopped the Sals offense.

MDT has lost 2 games to 2 opponents that are #1 and #2 in the state and whose collective record thus far is 18-2.
I don't understand how you say there is "no way" that they beat the Sals.

Think about how good the Cavs are.

Cavs are 0-2 vs the only good teams they played...which says a bunch... IMO sorry but RR2 thinks Sals walks away with this one..

BUT I also don't think Reeder will run for 400 and Sals will benefit from plus 4 turnovers IF Sals and Smyrna meet again. I have Smyrna in that re-match if it happens so you have to like that

Last edited:
I'm not predicting a win for Middletown but when you have a defense as good as theirs it's possible to steal a game. Reeder is too strong though.

Penn will beat Smyrna.

I'm not predicting a win for Middletown but when you have a defense as good as theirs it's possible to steal a game. Reeder is too strong though.

Penn will beat Smyrna.

what makes you think their D is so strong? The only good teams they played was WP and Sals and they lost to both.. FYI Smyrna pust 50 plus on Penn and faces Sals in the Final... IMO

Sallies scored 20 and Penn 13 on Middletown. Sallies longest scoring drive was 54 yards. Both sallies and penn struggled to move the ball. Mount pleasant scored only on a kick return. Allowed 8 points per game this year. Held 1600 yard rusher Griffin from ST to 27 yards. Only Concord moved the ball on them but Middletown was missing 2 guys that are back now.

I didn't say they would win but the Middletown D is legit. Can't argue that .

You've fallen in love with this Smyrna offense too much . Yeah it's cool and fun to watch but 50 plus?? Not happening. Dooley is better coach than you give him credit for.

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
Guess we should just skip the semis

Why because some folks on a forum disagree? Naw let the kids play...I may be right or others who disagree may be right... Play the game.. Its not like my life will end if my opinion is wrong lol

What makes you think Dooley knows anymore how to stop Smryna's O than DiNardo? Those guys are cut from the same cloth...WP gets 45 plus hung on them no doubt.. can they score 50 to win is the ?

Oh yeah I am the guy that was called an idiot for even suggesting Sallies could score anywhere near 31 on Penn,,How did that turn out?

Sallies scored 20 and Penn 13 on Middletown. Sallies longest scoring drive was 54 yards. Both sallies and penn struggled to move the ball. Mount pleasant scored only on a kick return. Allowed 8 points per game this year. Held 1600 yard rusher Griffin from ST to 27 yards. Only Concord moved the ball on them but Middletown was missing 2 guys that are back now.

I didn't say they would win but the Middletown D is legit. Can't argue that .

You've fallen in love with this Smyrna offense too much . Yeah it's cool and fun to watch but 50 plus?? Not happening. Dooley is better coach than you give him credit for.

Fan that is some good analysis and data.. I regress and and concur MT's D is pretty good,, not sure if they can stop Sals or Smyrna but good none the less..

Last edited:
Raven your just a Penn hater its ashame . You been drinking too much of the Smyrna cool aid . The fairy tale season ends Saturday for Smyrna . Penn will be well coached up and ready for this game believe it. So save some of that cool aid for thanksgiving Rooster lol

So because I like Smyrna I am a Penn Hater?.. I dont hate anyone.. never have.. you have issues..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT