ADVERTISEMENT

DE Teams getting bold playing good OOS teams

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Sallies does it every year but it’s not just them anymore.

Last year between Appo, Archmere, CR and Cape they play some great teams like Bullis, Queen Anne, Kent Island, Manhiem, etc

This year some great teams on DE schedules:

Sallies - play tons of good teams and schedule not up yet but you can pretty much guarantee Hill (ON), Malvern, Christ School (NC), etc. Had #1 SOS last year in country.

Appo - St Mary’s, Queen Anne

CR - St Peter & Paul’s, Queen Anne, Kent Island

Cape - Bullis, SOuth River, Ocean City (NJ)

Interestingly Archmere, Friends, Tower Hill, etc don’t play anyone really OOS. Guess the 3 big public schools realize they need some good games before facing the top DE teams like Sallies + Independent league.

Reactions: 84rider
Archmere and Friends play out of state a bit. Archmere played ANC recently and Friends played Springfield Chesnut Hill, which I heard was a bad blowout. May have just been scrimmages but I know Archmere has played some in season.

Archmere and Friends play out of state a bit. Archmere played ANC recently and Friends played Springfield Chesnut Hill, which I heard was a bad blowout. May have just been scrimmages but I know Archmere has played some in season.

Yeah I was just going off of this year schedule, Archmere definitely played a few last few years. Real good one from NJ last year I think

Yeah I was just going off of this year schedule, Archmere definitely played a few last few years. Real good one from NJ last year I think

Just took a look at Delmar and they have Bullis, archbishop Spalding and Worcester Prep.

WP plays Sallies, Bullis is as good as any team anyone else in the state plays including Sallies and Spalding is dam Close.

But realistically the rest of thier schedule is terrible so guess they are doing it for points and some practice before they get to the playoffs.

Appo playing St. Mary's is a big step for the program IMO.

Was looking at St Mary's - OUCH. Going to be a learning experience for Appo but still a great experience.

Commits to John Hopkins, Maryland, Navy, Yale, Ohio St, Georgetown, etc.

IL Top 25 Preseason rankings came out. Salesianum plays #3 Hill, #7 Garden City, #9 Chaminade, and #23 Malvern Prep. Cape and Delmar play #8 Bullis. Appo plays #25 St. Mary's. Nice opportunity for Delaware teams to challenge themselves with games.

IL Top 25 Preseason rankings came out. Salesianum plays #3 Hill, #7 Garden City, #9 Chaminade, and #23 Malvern Prep. Cape and Delmar play #8 Bullis. Appo plays #25 St. Mary's. Nice opportunity for Delaware teams to challenge themselves with games.

Agreed Sallies is classic. Will be fun to watch.

Looks like St Mary's lost their first two games vs Georgetown Prep 10-7 and St. Stephen/St. Agnes 14-8. I don't know much about Appo but I am looking forward to see how they play vs St. Mary's.

Looks like St Mary's lost their first two games vs Georgetown Prep 10-7 and St. Stephen/St. Agnes 14-8. I don't know much about Appo but I am looking forward to see how they play vs St. Mary's.

Think they beat Landon tonight and have 2 more games before Appo - man 5 games in against Appo 1st? DE needs to start earlier

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT