ADVERTISEMENT

Delcastle invitational

Longagoplayer

In the weight room getting big
Jun 16, 2021
The Delcastle Invitaional has been moved from Friday and Saturday to Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately no spectators are allowed on the first day of the tournament and then only two people per athlete still competing on the second day.

We shall see unfortunately with the matches canceled this week I think most of them were due to the covid spike so there may be some people who are out over the weekend

upset at 220. August looked good over Miller
upset at 182 by DMA kid in finals. looked tough

upset at 220. August looked good over Miller
upset at 182 by DMA kid in finals. looked tough
Yeah it was pretty chalk all the way around...but August looks tough. Excited to see when him and Deevey meet again. Moaney at 182 can be a tough wrestler. He can battle, so if your going to best him it is going to be a fight. Caravel showing why they are #1 in the state though.

Reactions: oldtimer60
A couple of guys I'm impressed with:

120: Thomas Murray- Demanding pins all the way to the finals and bringing down Honaker in that fashion in the finals was very impressive. I expect this kid to be ranked come state time and possibly compete for one of the higher places.
126: Drew Pratt- This is one kid that's flown under the radar throughout his career because he's from Tower Hill and doesn't get the attention he deserves. He went out in the semifinals and held the number 2 ranked kid in the state to a 5-2 match. Then came back in consolations to place third. Not to mention the number five ranked kid in his weight ended up placing 5th. Just caught my eye when I was watching the semifinals.
132: Daniel Williams- Nothing but great things to say about this kid, from what I've seen he's wrestled all of the competition he's faced very well, and to even bring Knight into ultimate Rideout is impressive. Even after the loss this kid remained humble and took it better than most would. This kid is definitively one of my sleepers in states.
220:Tyler August- Incredible match in the finals, to call this an upset would be an understatement, HE SHOCKED EVERYONE. To not only win but to win at that caliber against an incredible opponent shows his wrestling poise and the work he's put in. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in states.

Getting to watch Tyler August over the last month I am impressed with his technique and style. He isn't built like the other 220 guys, taller but he is isn't as muscular but he gets takedown and he is smart and tough. I think 220 is going to have some battles and Miller and August could meet 3 more times this year

I don't think the 182 result was an upset at all. Moaney put in work this off-season. However, I did not expect the Upset at 220.
Money looked good and he unfortunately just had a couple weeks of being sick last month. He finally was able to get in a good week of practice and he was able to go and get after it. 182 is a tough weight class and the top 6 that are ranked should be good matchups when they happen.

I don't think the 182 result was an upset at all. Moaney put in work this off-season. However, I did not expect the Upset at 220.
moaney was unranked and beat the number 3 guy who is behind 2 state Champs. that's definitely an upset in my book. happy for the kid. hard work pays off for sure

Reactions: trapblock22
So an update over this weekend at the Northeast duals...the only real Delaware news of interest is that Tyler August of DMA and James Miller of Sallies wrestled again and although a much closer match August won 4-1.

Reactions: trapblock22
So an update over this weekend at the Northeast duals...the only real Delaware news of interest is that Tyler August of DMA and James Miller of Sallies wrestled again and although a much closer match August won 4-1.
Samma pinning Novack is news. I did not expect that result.

152​
Luke Spoor (Delaware Military Academy) over Dominic Lapira (Salesianum) Fall 1:39​
0​
6.0​
160​
Drew Simpson (Delaware Military Academy) over Anthony Dellicompagni (Salesianum) Maj 17-3​
0​
4.0​
170​
Giovanni Samma (Salesianum) over Steven Novack (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 2:22​
6.0​
0​
182​
Hayden Moaney (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
195​
Max Agresti (Salesianum) over Luca Turturici (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 0:48​
6.0​
0​
220​
Tyler August (Delaware Military Academy) over James Miller (Salesianum) Dec 4-1​
0​
3.0​
285​
Cael DiNigris (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
106​
Gavin Mundy (Delaware Military Academy) over Mason Catania (Salesianum) Maj 10-0​
0​
4.0​
113​
Cameron Davis Jr. (Salesianum) over Matt Avery (Delaware Military Academy) TF 15-0​
5.0​
0​
120​
Colin Honaker (Salesianum) over Alyssa Mahan (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 2:35​
6.0​
0​
126​
Edward Orth (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
132​
Brett Wolhar (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
138​
Daniel WIlliams (Delaware Military Academy) over frank borzio (Salesianum) Fall 1:47​
0​
6.0​
145​
Carson Kist (Salesianum) over Charles Perrin (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 1:14​
6.0​
0​

DMA 47
Sallies 29

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
152​
Luke Spoor (Delaware Military Academy) over Dominic Lapira (Salesianum) Fall 1:39​
0​
6.0​
160​
Drew Simpson (Delaware Military Academy) over Anthony Dellicompagni (Salesianum) Maj 17-3​
0​
4.0​
170​
Giovanni Samma (Salesianum) over Steven Novack (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 2:22​
6.0​
0​
182​
Hayden Moaney (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
195​
Max Agresti (Salesianum) over Luca Turturici (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 0:48​
6.0​
0​
220​
Tyler August (Delaware Military Academy) over James Miller (Salesianum) Dec 4-1​
0​
3.0​
285​
Cael DiNigris (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
106​
Gavin Mundy (Delaware Military Academy) over Mason Catania (Salesianum) Maj 10-0​
0​
4.0​
113​
Cameron Davis Jr. (Salesianum) over Matt Avery (Delaware Military Academy) TF 15-0​
5.0​
0​
120​
Colin Honaker (Salesianum) over Alyssa Mahan (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 2:35​
6.0​
0​
126​
Edward Orth (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
132​
Brett Wolhar (Delaware Military Academy) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf​
0​
6.0​
138​
Daniel WIlliams (Delaware Military Academy) over frank borzio (Salesianum) Fall 1:47​
0​
6.0​
145​
Carson Kist (Salesianum) over Charles Perrin (Delaware Military Academy) Fall 1:14​
6.0​
0​

DMA 47
Sallies 29
You're right I did forget that match and that was a big shock. Novack moving up two weight classes may take some time getting used to, but Samma looked pretty good over the weekend. He is definitely someone to watch out for. Archbishop Spalding and Chespeake had some real studs on their teams and both DMA and Sallies both got tested. Agresti had a good match with the kid from Chesapeake and was down early but found his form and ended up wearing the kid down.

what's up you think with 4 ffts for Sal. Covid or other issues?
I heard they have sustained like 3 injuries over the past couple weeks. The older Samma hasn't wrestled yet this year so I'm not sure if he may also have an injury or there is something else going on there. Only time I have seen then wrestle a heavyweight was last week against Caravel and he was pinned by Drumgo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT