ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA has to do better

This bracket is a joke too many bum teams seeded too high SOS is bull crap only 2 teams that stood completely out of everybody was Dover and Sanford
Well at least they got those 2 teams right 1 & 2...everybody else will just have to do some work & crash the party. That very bottom bracket to get to the Final 4 is going to be tough...Caravel, Mount, Glasgow & William Penn.

Reactions: listening to noise
Where can you see the real final point totals (from DIAA)? Also, where can you see an actual printout of the whole bracket? Can’t find it on DIAA or on Delawareonline.

Don’t be surprised if Dover or Sanford gets knocked off everybody is 0-0 playoff time you have to have a different mindset and the way the bracket set up I can see some upsets not saying those teams will lose I’m just saying don’t be surprised records doesn’t mean anything every team has a chance to win it it’s going to come down what coaches out coach the other

Yea that was crazy but they had Donte enough said!! Poly beats them 9 out of 10 times that year. He was special
9 out of 10 times...sooo Polytech would have beaten Sallies that year the next 9 times they played???

How about Delmarva v Tower Hill. One of those fraud team gets two games.

who cares ,, enough teams get in only the best will get to final four.. you dont hang a banner by making the tournament its just one more game for teams that sneak in and one more game they get blown out in..its not important

Reactions: J12
Points system seems really flawed

St Marks beats Middletown and both teams get 2 points
Losing teams should not get the same points as the team that beat them
Bonus points should always be less then points for winning a game

St Marks and Sallies split games
Sallies gets 6 points
St Marks gets 4

St Marks and St Es split games
St Es gets 6 points
St Marks gets 4 again

Both 9 loss teams Sallies and St Es get byes while 15-5 St Marks has play in game

Points system seems really flawed

St Marks beats Middletown and both teams get 2 points
Losing teams should not get the same points as the team that beat them
Bonus points should always be less then points for winning a game

St Marks and Sallies split games
Sallies gets 6 points
St Marks gets 4

St Marks and St Es split games
St Es gets 6 points
St Marks gets 4 again

Both 9 loss teams Sallies and St Es get byes while 15-5 St Marks has play in game
Well st marks is terrible so that’s probably for the best

Any given night. ‘It’s why they play the game’. There will be upsets. In the Delaware HS basketball state tournament, it’s not always the best team that ‘snips the cotton’. Kick back and enjoy the competition. And please please don’t bitch about the referees. Guaranteed none of my fellow posters would officiate a better game. Hate the fact the games are not staggered. There in fact would be no sports without fans. Top down. Go Mount!

Any given night. ‘It’s why they play the game’. There will be upsets. In the Delaware HS basketball state tournament, it’s not always the best team that ‘snips the cotton’. Kick back and enjoy the competition. And please please don’t bitch about the referees. Guaranteed none of my fellow posters would officiate a better game. Hate the fact the games are not staggered. There in fact would be no sports without fans. Top down. Go Mount!

Agree 100 %

Reactions: Dropping 3's
True story...as a 1999 graduate I remember CR was preseason ranked #2 in the state during Janavor Weatherspoon’s senior year but struggled...they had a play-in game against Dickinson to get in the tournament as the #24 seed, beat the 9, beat the 8 then lost to #1 St. Mark’s at the buzzer in the quarterfinals...every team got a shot when the tournament starts.

True story...as a 1999 graduate I remember CR was preseason ranked #2 in the state during Janavor Weatherspoon’s senior year but struggled...they had a play-in game against Dickinson to get in the tournament as the #24 seed, beat the 9, beat the 8 then lost to #1 St. Mark’s at the buzzer in the quarterfinals...every team got a shot when the tournament starts.

Why would you do that my memory, i was on that 99 Dickinson team.

Not a hundred percent accurate with those seeds. In 1999 Howard was the 24 seed because they had to forfeit games for have two ineligible players who played first half of year. They were the top team in state up until that point. They entered the tourney and beat number 9 AI at Newark High School but got beat by StE at Glasgow. That StE team later took the 1 seed William Penn (Smith brothers, bj Davis, Brock Donovan) at Sallies to a close game before Penn won and the only close game they had since they rolled in the semi and finals. The beginning of Steve Johnson run at William Penn

Reactions: Chesdel

Fellow '99er here from Howard. That was a wild tournament from start to finish, I remember that well. We were seeded 23rd because we had to forfeit a bunch of games and we played AI in the first round at Newark. Nobody thought we had a chance and we were down 10 with about 2 minutes to go. Ended up winning by 3. Good times.

*Disclaimer, Gate didn't play, he was the AV Nerd recording games for Coach Brown, but it was fun nonetheless*

Reactions: Chesdel
Not a hundred percent accurate with those seeds. In 1999 Howard was the 24 seed because they had to forfeit games for have two ineligible players who played first half of year. They were the top team in state up until that point. They entered the tourney and beat number 9 AI at Newark High School but got beat by StE at Glasgow. That StE team later took the 1 seed William Penn (Smith brothers, bj Davis, Brock Donovan) at Sallies to a close game before Penn won and the only close game they had since they rolled in the semi and finals. The beginning of Steve Johnson run at William Penn

We were 23rd. AI was 10th and St. E was 7th. I have the News Journal from that year with the brackets on my laptop, but I don't know if I can share it or even upload it as an attachment.

Mik, I was at that Howard - St E.'s game. If memory serves me correctly, Jareem Dowling and Carlos Hawkins had transferred to Howard from Tatnall going from 10th to 11th grade. DSSAA had instituted a rule that year that if you were living away from your home you needed to be with a legal guardian and the guardianship papers had to be in the school files. Suffice it to say that the guardianship papers were not in the files and Howard had to forfeit like their first 7-8 games. What is interesting is that Howard could probably lied and got away with it.

St. E's outplayed Howard and deserved to win that night at Glasgow. The next year, Howard made it to the field house. The game that got them there was beating Sussex Tech at Polytech. In that game Carlos Hawkins outdueled Brian Polk...it went down to the wire.

Excuse the walk down memory lane.

Reactions: 84rider
I see you just the resident "no nothing" on this blog! Whatever!
Yes that's correct Jules. You are the one who is claiming that Tower Hill has a good of a chance as every other team in this tournament, yet I am the "no nothing" on this blog.

Yes that's correct Jules. You are the one who is claiming that Tower Hill has a good of a chance as every other team in this tournament, yet I am the "no nothing" on this blog.
Dude, you havnt even seen them. An uninformed opinion doesn’t make an opinion. I’ll let the boys play it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT