ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA has to do better

Not a hundred percent accurate with those seeds. In 1999 Howard was the 24 seed because they had to forfeit games for have two ineligible players who played first half of year. They were the top team in state up until that point. They entered the tourney and beat number 9 AI at Newark High School but got beat by StE at Glasgow. That StE team later took the 1 seed William Penn (Smith brothers, bj Davis, Brock Donovan) at Sallies to a close game before Penn won and the only close game they had since they rolled in the semi and finals. The beginning of Steve Johnson run at William Penn
I am 100% accurate with those seeds...we followed them well that year because we were on the same side of the bracket. CR was #24, St. Mark’s was the #1 & William Penn was the #2 even though Penn had beat them during the regular season.

Don’t be surprised if Dover or Sanford gets knocked off everybody is 0-0 playoff time you have to have a different mindset and the way the bracket set up I can see some upsets not saying those teams will lose I’m just saying don’t be surprised records doesn’t mean anything every team has a chance to win it it’s going to come down what coaches out coach the other
They're both in the semi's!!!! LOL

9 out of 10 times...sooo Polytech would have beaten Sallies that year the next 9 times they played???
I believe so Poly was the best team in the State that that year... Just like Ncaa Tournament the best team doesn't when the Ncaa championship every year... It takes some luck and something special and he was special that night.. Poly lost one game in state and it was that game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT