ADVERTISEMENT

Dual Predictions

WornDown

Water boy
Jan 28, 2015
...and this could be way off but just my best guess.....

D1
Smyrna - Done deal
Poly - Are they healthy?
Cape - Will float to the top of this crazy mix
Sallies - Always find a way to get in, regardless of the sport
Dover - Will prove it to everyone down the stretch
Middletown - Up in a down conf

D2
Milford - Can't imagine a scenario where they lose
Hodgson - blowing through their dual schedule
DMA - Solid all the way through
Sanford - Some top kids in between forfeits
Caraval - Surprise!!
St Georges - Need to win down the stretch to edge Lake....I think they will.

Thoughts?

Good work. Here's my thoughts on d2. Lake may be in the mix. They placed above Hodgson at Delcastle which is the only tough event Hodgson has done. Caravel and Dma was also way above Hodgson at Delcastle with a 2nd place. They haven't beaten anyone except Woodbridge when u look at their schedule. St. georges and Hodgson still haven't wrestled but anyone know how they match up? Think dma, Sanford or st G all have the potential to make finals. dma has most solid lineup but only Sanford has the studs to hang with Milford in my opinion.

Had to,laugh and agree on sallies always finding a way in no matter the sport. Poly is tough and if Stevens is back even tougher. Kids got a really bad wheel but hope he can make it back. Race is for second.

This post was edited on 2/2 8:52 PM by myrealname

Originally posted by myrealname:
Good work. Here's my thoughts on d2. Lake may be in the mix. They placed above Hodgson at Delcastle which is the only tough event Hodgson has done. Caravel and Dma was also way above Hodgson at Delcastle with a 2nd place. They haven't beaten anyone except Woodbridge when u look at their schedule. St. georges and Hodgson still haven't wrestled but anyone know how they match up? Think dma, Sanford or st G all have the potential to make finals. dma has most solid lineup but only Sanford has the studs to hang with Milford in my opinion.

Had to,laugh and agree on sallies always finding a way in no matter the sport. Poly is tough and if Stevens is back even tougher. Kids got a really bad wheel but hope he can make it back. Race is for second.

This post was edited on 2/2 8:52 PM by myrealname
Not sure how much the tournaments play into the Duals. .. You only need a few wrestlers to go far or make the finals to score high.. point being I dont think tournaments really show how good a "team" is or how one team matches up against the other as dual meet do.. DMA is a perfect example.. I am not sure how much stock the committee should or does put into tournament team scores when considering Dual placements.. Two different things really IMO

This post was edited on 2/4 9:09 AM by ravensrooster2

You're right, how you do in duals and how you do in tournaments are totally different, but, as you can see in Henlopen right now; how you do against team A doesn't necessarily determine how you do against Team B in a dual either. Match ups are huge!! So I think you have to look at duals and tournaments in tandem, because high placing tourny teams generally have a good crop of wrestlers, maybe not all the way through, but they are getting enough bonus points to have an impact on a tournament. I don't envy the guys who have to make this decision.

When a team doesn't wrestle many tough duals you have to at least consider tournaments don't you think? I agree that dual strength and tournament strength are different, but if the only head to heads are in touornaments you have to look at them if you are the commitee. It wont be easy either way. WP just beat Hodgson pretty good and St georges beat WP.

I would have to disagree with Middletown and Dover. It's been a crazy year in Division 1. I would have to add CR and possibly St. Marks/SC.

The criteria is usually mentioned with the Dual seedings in the paper,believe H-H dual results and point differential with common opponents are at or near the top of the list.345 looks pretty tight and depending on how Dvr (for one) finishes the season - it could get even more trickier.

Unfortunately, even if MD ( or WP ) is not top 6,they're in with the blessing of the BH if they win it.Central beat Tech...but they lost to Cape,SM & Sals.

I hear ya on Middletown and Dover. I think Middletown wins the BH, that's why I put them in, but after WP put it on Hodgson, maybe it will be Penn. Coach Dooley may have the determination that they need to pull it out.

I believe Dover beats Lake and CR. I think that would put them in. But again,......who knows???

I think D2 is pretty set for the qualifiers, not sure about the seeding yet, but Hodgson is looking like they may not be the #2 based on schedule and would they even be in if they lose to St G?

Dover has the guns to beat CR. If they get their match ups they can beat them.

Originally posted by pksundevil:
Sanford and DMA have a dual meet coming up, which should be a nice preview.
I am hearing there is a DRSA outbreak on the DMA team.. This match and state duals may be in jeopardy,,

Friends kid was told DMA and Conrad had possible mrsa issues. They were told because they wrestled them a couple weeks ago.

Friends kid was told DMA and Conrad had possible mrsa issues. They were told because they wrestled them a couple weeks ago.
Conrad wrestled in a Quad at CA today .. no issues that I know of for them..

So does WP beating st marks knock out st marks and SC? With St M having a win over SC and loss to WP and Sallies I'd guess it does.

Looks like SM & SC were not going to duals anyhow.You have some fair looking predictions.So far,my 2 cents is'nt changing and sticking w/ S-Poly-Cape-CR-Sals-MD

This post was edited on 2/7 3:03 PM by oldsalt-22

Originally posted by WornDown:
...and this could be way off but just my best guess.....

D1
Smyrna - Done deal
Poly - Are they healthy?
Cape - Will float to the top of this crazy mix
Sallies - Always find a way to get in, regardless of the sport
Dover - Will prove it to everyone down the stretch
Middletown - Up in a down conf

D2
Milford - Can't imagine a scenario where they lose
Hodgson - blowing through their dual schedule
DMA - Solid all the way through
Sanford - Some top kids in between forfeits
Caraval - Surprise!!
St Georges - Need to win down the stretch to edge Lake....I think they will.

Thoughts?

D2 looks spot on the only question is DMA... if they arent available then I would guess either Tower Hill or Lake? I dont know who won between Lake and Delmar last night though..

Does anyone know if DMA was able to wrestle today at ST G's ?

Tower hill has losses to Conrad and friends. Lake would be the most likely. Personally think lake may be better than Hodgson.

Tower hill has losses to Conrad and friends. Lake would be the most likely. Personally think lake may be better than Hodgson.
Yeah now that I look at it... Lake would be the next man up (assuming they beat Delmar last night)

Originally posted by oldsalt-22:
RR2.....Not bad,just not sure how Dvr would get in over CR..?
They won't now. Cr squeaked one out over Dover last night. Was a good match.

Dover's not out yet,looks like they have 3 common w/ Sals.Both lost to S & both had a close dual w/ CR. Dvr's score w/ Central may b used to determine the 5th seed.Dvr also has Cape left.

CR has St Marks this week and Dover has Cape, SC and Woodbridge. Sallies has WP. I'd be surprised to see central get in after the St marks loss but what do I know!

Glad to see the MRSA thing at DMA is no issue..

DMA- 54 ST Georges 12
DMA- 47 ST Marks 28

So where does that put St Georges? Are they pretty much going have to win vs HVT to get in over Lake? Or is only the winner of the Flight B HVT or ST G going to get in?

This post was edited on 2/8 8:50 AM by ravensrooster2

Dover and St Marks are at Milford on Monday. Will also be a common opponent for the D 1 teams trying to get in.

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:
Glad to see the MRSA thing at DMA is no issue..

DMA- 54 ST Georges 12
DMA- 47 ST Marks 28

So where does that put St Georges? Are they pretty much going have to win vs HVT to get in over Lake? Or is only the winner of the Flight B HVT or ST G going to get in?

This post was edited on 2/8 8:50 AM by ravensrooster2
If tournament results are a factor and overall strength of schedule I think St G gets in no matter what. Look at their schedule versus Hodgson. WP beat Hodgson and St G beat WP. StG needs their 113 back against Hodgson. That could be a 9-12 pt swing.

Everything will become more clear very soon, maybe?? My new thoughts

D1
Smyrna Still, done deal
Poly Looking to be healthy
Cape Have to beat Dover
CR Huge win vs Dover
Sallies As long as they get by Penn
Midd BH1

D2
Milford #2 in the State?
DMA All they have to do is beat Sanford to keep this spot
Sanford Have their chance to step up this week
Hodgson Not sure whats up at St G, but their line up looks depleated?
Caravel Is the Lake win enough to get them in?
Lake * See Hodgson above

I think D1 is accurate, unless Dover beats Cape which would make sense based on how the rest of this season has gone..

D2 is all about St G. Their line-up appears to be in flux. I have no info why. As it sits now, I don't think they will beat Hodgson, which allows Hodgson, Caravel, and Lake to get in. If ST G wins any one of them could be out. Lake has the toughest schedule among them, but they lost to Caravel, so I guess Lake would be out???

Lake will be in based on short loss vs. dover. Shut out vs. Laurel and a 30 plus/- win vs Delmar. Short fall comes losses to caravel and DMA same Saturday just 24 hours after laurel match. I See flamer is back. Good thing. Dont see anyone touching Milford team.

Wins against bad teams don't matter as much as what you do against good teams. I hope lake gets in but not a sure thing. If st G beats Hodgson I think lake gets in. If st G is still missing wrestlers and Hodgson wins then i think it's harder for lake to get in over ST g as an at large (not auto bid)

Hodgson beat st George's. No Walker at 113 kills st G. 11-12 point swing and they lost by 10. Lake beat Woodbridge pretty bad.

Some good matches with Dover losing close ones at 145 and 195. Torres beat dyer in OT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT