ADVERTISEMENT

Dual Predictions

Originally posted by pksundevil:
Sanford beats DMA 42-32. That should influence seeding in D2 somewhat.
Heard DMA is down a few guys 2 out from MRSA and another with a season ending injury,,

Looking at the results, I don't see who on the Sanford side would have lost if the DMA lineup had changed. Sanford from 113 to 152 is a pretty tough lineup for anyone.

Scoring Summary:
170 Nate Riley (DMA) Dec Erik Lundberg (S) 7-0
182 Joey Scalia (DMA) Dec Spencer Green (S) 6-5
195 Jonathan Howell (DMA) Forfeit
220 Chase Humphreys (S) Forfeit
285 Jose Maldonado (DMA) Forfeit
106 Shane Cawman (DMA) Fall CJ Frederick (S) 1:26
113 Kyle McDonough (S) Fall Zach Martinez (DMA) 2:23
120 Niko Chilson (S) Fall Ryan Loose (DMA) 1:34
126 Andrew Brooks (S) Fall Danny Rhoades (DMA) 1:51
132 Luke McDonough (S) Fall Danny Hughes (DMA) 1:10
138 Timmy Griffith (S) Fall Joey Czajkowski (DMA) 5:16
145 Xavier Glanzel (DMA) Maj Dec Alex Kuczykowski (S) 13-2
152 Brendan Lamey (S) Fall David Rhoades (DMA) 1:56
160 Michael Leonard (DMA) Maj Dec Evan Carswell (S) 21-8

Originally posted by pksundevil:
Looking at the results, I don't see who on the Sanford side would have lost if the DMA lineup had changed. Sanford from 113 to 152 is a pretty tough lineup for anyone.

Scoring Summary:
170 Nate Riley (DMA) Dec Erik Lundberg (S) 7-0
182 Joey Scalia (DMA) Dec Spencer Green (S) 6-5
195 Jonathan Howell (DMA) Forfeit
220 Chase Humphreys (S) Forfeit
285 Jose Maldonado (DMA) Forfeit
106 Shane Cawman (DMA) Fall CJ Frederick (S) 1:26
113 Kyle McDonough (S) Fall Zach Martinez (DMA) 2:23
120 Niko Chilson (S) Fall Ryan Loose (DMA) 1:34
126 Andrew Brooks (S) Fall Danny Rhoades (DMA) 1:51
132 Luke McDonough (S) Fall Danny Hughes (DMA) 1:10
138 Timmy Griffith (S) Fall Joey Czajkowski (DMA) 5:16
145 Xavier Glanzel (DMA) Maj Dec Alex Kuczykowski (S) 13-2
152 Brendan Lamey (S) Fall David Rhoades (DMA) 1:56
160 Michael Leonard (DMA) Maj Dec Evan Carswell (S) 21-8
Yeah I have no idea who the three are nor their level of skill nor was I suggesting it had profound effect on the Sanford dual outcome.. Mostly speaking on their chances at States and where they should be seeded.. From the looks of the score sheet it doesnt appear to be the bigger names I recognize unless the injured guy stood in to take a fft

It is interesting Howell whom they ussually will flip from 182 to 195 for match ups. If 195 was a FFT then DMA would certainly wrestle him at 182.

This post was edited on 2/12 8:33 AM by ravensrooster2

D1
Smyrna
Poly
Cape
CR
Sallies
Middletown

I think this is probably right on. If anyone disagrees, lets discuss. Kinda stinks that Dover doesn't make it. I was really rooting for them. They had a great year and deserve a shot. Not sure of the general age of their line up, but the program is building.

D2
Milford
Sanford
DMA
Hodgson
Caravel
Lake

I think St G is out based on the loss to Hodgson, but could also see them slip in ahead of Lake. This will be interesting. The above is my opinion, but I could see a couple different scenarios. Hodgson's schedule is definitely suspect, but they beat St G and only lost to WP who St G beat. Could they be the 2 or 3 seed?

Central will be the third common opponent for Dover & Sals, the other two were Smyrna & CR.
See post on 2/8 salt22 and two posts on 2/7
If Dover beats Central by 18 pts or more,then that would make Sals bid for Duals a little thin compared to Dovers bid.
And to be fair to Central - they're not actually out yet either,but they need to win their last two - CR & Dover
lol..Kind of reminds ya of a NFL playoff scenario
This post was edited on 2/12 12:58 PM by oldsalt-22

From watching from afar, I think I like Sanford's chances against any team but Milford. If their horses pin like they did last night they might have a chance to win it. I mentioned it earlier this year it is hard to believe a team that gives up 2 ffts right of the bat and has such a young team is fighting for a state title and beat what I think is very strong DMA team. Milford probably has a couple more wins and will give up a few less pins in their lineup than DMA did.

Very nice and convincing win for SC over CR tonight.
g
This post was edited on 2/12 10:43 PM by proudscfan

Better hope CR beats st marks and of course you have to beat SC. I'd like to see diver get in.

How does Dover have a chance? Who have they beat this year? Sussex Tech by 4 and that is it.

Ummmmm Centrals first big win was last night after a lot of losses to other D1 possibilities (sals and St M). LMAO! Dover has comparable scores to them. Bottom line is its a big match tomorrow

SC fan..somebody has to get that 5th seed,see salt22 post back on 2/8
Have to look again,but last I saw,think it was still up in the air between Dover-Central & Sals depending on these last matches.
This post was edited on 2/13 9:59 AM by oldsalt22

To make DUALS
Looks like ( have to double check though )
Dover has to beat Central by 18 pts or more ( to get in instead of Sals )
Central has to beat Dover ( then they will be compared to Sals ) Sals won the H-H dual though
Sals gets in if none of the above happens
This post was edited on 2/13 10:22 AM by oldsalt22

Real..Your right, I just caught that and went back and edited that post.
This post was edited on 2/13 8:54 PM by oldsalt22

1 Smyrna
2 Polytech
3 Cape Henlopen
4 Salesianum
5 Sussex Central (if they beat Dover)
6 Middletown
Cape Henlopen and Middletown is an interesting match up. Cape is a little stronger, but an upset or two and the Cavs could be in it.

Lol. @myrealname we are on different pages. I was refering to Dover making the duals and not the Dover and SC match tonight. It has been a crazy year and most anything can happen. I think it's Smyrna then Poly Tech and then a s cramble after that.

Originally posted by bsfilter:
1 Smyrna
2 Polytech
3 Cape Henlopen
4 Salesianum
5 Sussex Central (if they beat Dover)
6 Middletown
Cape Henlopen and Middletown is an interesting match up. Cape is a little stronger, but an upset or two and the Cavs could be in it.
Even though St M beat Sc BSfilter?

Originally posted by proudscfan:
Lol. @myrealname we are on different pages. I was refering to Dover making the duals and not the Dover and SC match tonight. It has been a crazy year and most anything can happen. I think it's Smyrna then Poly Tech and then a s cramble after that.
I meant making the duals too. Just that this match is a must win to even have a shot. SC needs Cr to beat St M in my opinion and obviosly must beat Dover. Agree that its Smyrna, then poly. Cant see anyone else making finals.

Crazy year. St Mark's has six in state losses. I kind of think that hurts them more than the criteria win over SC. I could be totally wrong. We will all see on Sunday. It has been great for conversation though.

I think everyone will be fighting for second place in D1 for the next few years. Smyrna only graduates 1 senior this year and has a boat load of 9th and 10th graders wrestling varsity. They have developed quite a program.
This post was edited on 2/13 1:23 PM by oldtimer22

@BS I hear ya...Seems like the committee may have to consider the Henlopen North teams record against each other first before head to head,otherwise it wouldnt work eg:Tech beat Cape but Tech went 1-5 , Cape went 3-3.My guess is 4&5 depends on these last matches,while 1-2-3-6 is Smyrna-Poly-Cape-MD.Will be interesting reading the seeding explanation this year.
BTW..does anyone think the 'Auto Bid' has become outdated ?
Why not require a valid record compared to the other teams 'COMPETING' for the Duals like the rest of the teams have to ?

This post was edited on 2/13 1:16 PM by oldsalt22

I hope the loss to STM doesn't kill Centrals chances.Tough loss. Two of their top wrestlers out and the match came down to the very last second. STM scored an escape point with one second left in the last match to avoid a major decision loss and that tied the match at 28. Central lost bc they had to forfeit at 220. But that is how things go.

Yes Smyrna is the team to beat for the next few years. Trying not to be a homer(lol) but SC only graduates one this year and two next year. I believe. They have some really good wrestlers moving into high school next year, including two legit studs that I know of. Something to watch.

We are homers especially when we have kids involved. It's in our nature! As for auto bid I have no problem with it even though it's usually a team down here left out. Auto bids take up 2 of 6 spots. That leaves four spots which is plenty. If you are not a clear cut top 5 team are you really getting screwed by the auto?

One thing does look certain - the loser of the Central/Dover match is out.
If Central wins,then they will be 3-4 against Hen'N' & Sals ( CR will also be 3-4 against Hen 'N' & Sals ) CR-Sals & Central would be 1-1 against each other,then common is ST M,Sals beat ST M & Central lost to ST M,making CR 4 & Sals 5.So Central would still be out even if they beat Dvr due to the loss to ST M.
Dver wins by > 18 pts,then Dover will have a better pt.diff. w/ Sals common opponents,putting CR 4th & Dover 5th
Dover wins by < 18 pts., will leave CR-Dover & Central 2-4 against Hen 'N' & 1-1 against each other, CR gets 4th seed for win over Sals ( Central lost to Sals) & Sals gets 5th seed for win over Central & better pt.diff. than Dover w/ common .
And after all that 4 gets 5 first round.
Gave it a shot...anybody else crazy enough to try ?
This post was edited on 2/13 9:13 PM by oldsalt22

ProudSC....even if Central pulled out the win over ST M, I doubt they would make Duals because the Sals win over ST M was not close. You would have a valid point though about Central making Duals instead of MD.

Central won 39-20 something. Left before it was over but friend called to give me final score

If CR beats ST M, then CR is 4 - 4 against ( Hen 'N' - ST M & Sals ),while
Central is 3 - 5 against the same 8 D1 teams. My take then on results - CR & Sals to Duals.

If CR loses to ST M, then Central and CR will both be 3 - 5 against these same 8 D1 teams, leaving
Sals - Central & CR 1 - 1 against each other. Point diff. w/ common will then most likely have to be considered to compare the 3.
This post was edited on 2/14 8:37 AM by oldsalt22

Hey Central has had a good year no matter if they make it or not. Very young team with a bright future

@ Realname....Don't you anticipate any criteria that will be used ? Close or different would be interesting to hear someone's take on Dual seedings. I'm coming up with
1 Smyrna
2 Poly
3 Cape
4 CR
5 Sals
6 MD If CR wins....and if St Marks wins,...then ?
Read your post @ SC needs to have CR beat St M, but I figure SC needs CR to LOSE to St M since St M is out anyhow and SC will be bidding along with CR for those 4th & 5th seeds ?
This post was edited on 2/14 2:27 PM by oldsalt22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT