ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4

Sanford having Olivia Tucker back could make a difference. Against my better judgement, gonna take Sanford in that game.

CA/St E is a toss-up, it might come down to who's better coached/prepared. For that, I'll take Caravel.

Reactions: big-picture
Sanford having Olivia Tucker back could make a difference. Against my better judgement, gonna take Sanford in that game.

CA/St E is a toss-up, it might come down to who's better coached/prepared. For that, I'll take Caravel.

Ursuline will win by 10-15. Tucker wasn't a factor vs Conrad and won't be a factor tonight. Caravel has been more consistent all year long and will get the advantage tonight unless St. E's shoots better than average

Not Sanford!! Ursuline won 48-16. Blow out city. One of the most embarrassing and lopsided games I have ever seen in the semi's. Noonan took Thompson to school tonight. Sanford needed a few more recruits which I'm sure there on the phone as we speak or out at the kids home.

My flabber is absolutely gasted. Ursuline looked like a WNBA squad last night on defense. Caravel might need prayer Friday night.

This game will be close it all depends how well Caravel shoots, I would not be surprised if Caravel pulls the upset. Like I said in the preseason the Marvel transfer was the missing piece she is the only girl in the state who can lock Lewis down on defense. The others will need to step up though, Byrson and Lange have to come to play or else it will be a Ursuline three peat.

This game will be close it all depends how well Caravel shoots, I would not be surprised if Caravel pulls the upset. Like I said in the preseason the Marvel transfer was the missing piece she is the only girl in the state who can lock Lewis down on defense. The others will need to step up though, Byrson and Lange have to come to play or else it will be a Ursuline three peat.

Ursuline has the major momentum and will roll. Can't see Caravel even having a shot at winning. They'd have to shoot 70% from the field. Caravel hasn't really improved much from the middle of the season. Any team that would have a chance to beat Ursuline would need to have improved throughout the season. Just can't see it here. But that's why they play the games

Congratulations to Caravel for being the best of the rest, there's Ursuline, then everyone else is playing for 2nd place

The thing I notice in both semi-final games was the fatigue that showed in the second half. In the first game StE vs Caravel, StE was running all over Caravel in the first quarter and I thought this would be a blow out. Caravel did a good job at managing the bench and took the lead in the 2nd to never look back. By the 4th quarter StE was making bad decision and throwing shots up and the amount of free throws missed will make you sick. That game could have been won on the foul line but again the fatigue factor played out in that game.

Second game UA vs Sanford. Looked close for the first 2 min but boy does UA like to run. And lets be very honest Sanford is not a running team. Fatigue played a major rule in that whooping. Zero three point shots made by Sanford (no legs), one player on UA Connelly 3 for 3 from down town. I would suspect UA does the same in the finals but you can never look pass anyone.

People tend to forget that playing at the BOB is a big difference for some. The court is bigger and depth perception comes to play with the nets. Also having 2 three point lines sometimes makes the players shoot a bit further back then usual. All of this plays into certain teams favors versus others.

Prediction UA wins by 20 in final.

In order for Caravel to win they will need to box out/rebound and match Ursuline's consistent energy on both sides of the floor. I'd like to see more agressive drives to the bucket. Ursuline came out yesterday with a great game plan and shut down Sanford's offense. In order for Sanford to win that game their bigs needed to step up, provide more of a post presence, get Ursuline's athletic bigs in foul trouble, and capitlize on the inside/out game. Noonan did a great job with having his girls playing physical bellying up with hands up against Sanford's bigs because they didn't show many moves at all once they got the ball inside. With this said, it's going to be a very tough task for Caravel tomorrow but it can be done because I think they match up better from an athletic standpoint but Ursuline is more experienced and poised for these moments.

Your right Nightrain44, Caravel matches up a lot better than Sanford versus Ursuline they have more athletes than Sanford. Standard HS court is 85Ft where college is 95FT, that 10 extra feet make a big difference better have the horse to run. This game is going to be won on who shoots the best. MightyMik, Ursuline is not going to win by 20, it going to be a 5 to 10 point game either way.

Noonan is a master teacher and motivater, he trust his girls and they trust him in return, and then you have girls that have been playing with some of the best AAU clubs since 4th-grade, now how can you beat that? UA with the 3peat!!!

@Simmons, if you think Marvel shutting down Lewis will seal the deal you are in for a rude awakening! To beat Ursuline you have to shut down more then 1 player and that is NOT happening.

Your right Nightrain44, Caravel matches up a lot better than Sanford versus Ursuline they have more athletes than Sanford. Standard HS court is 85Ft where college is 95FT, that 10 extra feet make a big difference better have the horse to run. This game is going to be won on who shoots the best. MightyMik, Ursuline is not going to win by 20, it going to be a 5 to 10 point game either way.

@Simmonj4618 I hope your right. But in my opinion Sanford was the second best team in the state and to have such a poor shooting night last night, makes me believe Caravel after there poor shooting against StE (although they won) will be in for a long night. Maybe I'll be wrong but I still say by 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT