ADVERTISEMENT

First round games

if Tech and Smyrna wasn’t on the same side I would bet there would be 3 Henlopen North teams in the final 4!

They’ve won 10 of their last 11... only loss was to sallies by 3... won’t be a pushover. Sanford should win but will need to focus and play hard all four quarters- a lot of teams can’t do that.

That game was also like triple or quad overtime as well lol

FYI1995 they did it, Gordon, Karl son and Kelley against a great WP team. Never say never
That was over 20 years ago. Go answer your phone, it's 21st Century basketball calling. The point is, the St Marks system can't win a championship in today's game. They can win plenty of regular season games to get them into the tourney every year, and maybe a game or two in the tourney, but that system can not win a championship in today's game.

They went 15-5. Good record and puts them over .701 which gives all the teams who beat them 4 points. But look at their schedule...terrible SOS and just barely put them in the tourney. AT 15-5!! @8yaz is right can’t win a championship in today’s game

Saint Mark's has as good of a chance as anyone playing. They play as a team, both offensively and defensively, which is all you need to win. A good team that executes can beat a more talented team at any given time. That is why the public schools tend to struggle with the private schools, they play a more patient game. Also the reason AAU is destroying high school basketball. Run and gun will only get you so far.

Last edited:
That was over 20 years ago. Go answer your phone, it's 21st Century basketball calling. The point is, the St Marks system can't win a championship in today's game. They can win plenty of regular season games to get them into the tourney every year, and maybe a game or two in the tourney, but that system can not win a championship in today's game.
Sounds gd but the WP team they beat would beat any team today. Do you debate that?

Sitting in back of the South basket between Uncle Angelo and Charlie Oberly...we looked at each other and said "did that just happen?"
I was there. Made me sick. If not for that prayer of a shot going in Wm Penn wins that game. That Karlson kid didn't even make shots like that in his dreams.

Reactions: pitt8179
Sounds gd but the WP team they beat would beat any team today. Do you debate that?
If you're asking if that Penn team could beat any of the teams in this year's tourney field, I think I might agree with you. I don't think this year's field is all that impressive.

Reactions: pitt8179
They had to be within two points in order for the shot to win the game. Meaning they played right along with the big guns from Penn. Alex made those shots his entire life. Hence the coolness to make it with the bright lights shining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT