ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Score Week 0

Calling it now. If there is another incident there that involves another school other than Sallies. All other games will be turned into morning and day time games. Remember for years Howard only played Saturday morning home games.

Calling it now. If there is another incident there that involves another school other than Sallies. All other games will be turned into morning and day time games. Remember for years Howard only played Saturday morning home games.
Did you see the Asst Principal from Howard on the Twitter post by Sean Green? He basically says DMA/Jeremy Jean ppd cause they had 22 yards of offense…..Sean posted a nice detailed article….the response by the Asst was … 22 yards of offense for DMA

Make no mistake Sallies done an awesome job with that stadium, but without them there could have been renovations to Baynard. Maybe no where near the money that was spent to make it look like it is now, but a football stadium non the least.

Did you see the Asst Principal from Howard on the Twitter post by Sean Green? He basically says DMA/Jeremy Jean ppd cause they had 22 yards of offense…..Sean posted a nice detailed article….the response by the Asst was … 22 yards of offense for DMA

The #302takeover may take longer than anticipated. 😆

On another note Howard looks like Howard. They are again a threat to win 2A. JMHO

I see that he also deleted it as well. Probably wasn't received well

Reactions: delawarenole
The #302takeover may take longer than anticipated. 😆

On another note Howard looks like Howard. They are again a threat to win 2A. JMHO
Definitely was an ugly outing to start the year for DMA. Howard did look good on defense. Linebackers were all over the field. Besides a couple of big pass plays DMA defense looked good and Howard was able to score after recovering a fumble on DMAs 25 yard line.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Make no mistake Sallies done an awesome job with that stadium, but without them there could have been renovations to Baynard. Maybe no where near the money that was spent to make it look like it is now, but a football stadium non the least.
There could have been, but there weren't and there hadn't been for years. It got to the point where an entire side of bleachers had to be removed, and the other side was a year away from being condemned. Despite the heroic efforts of the state park crew, that field was full of divots by early October. Neither the city nor state was going to pay for any renovations. They had years to pony up.

The stadium is used nearly every night of the week. They have football, soccer, lacrosse and track in there all the time. It's open to the public much of the time. The community has more access to a quality facility than it ever did with Baynard.

Since it is suspended, does it mean both teams have to agree to finish it, or can Howard decline and take the win.

Hey, btw, this made national news. Story line was a lot different from what is already out there.

Since it is suspended, does it mean both teams have to agree to finish it, or can Howard decline and take the win.
I would imagine if the game isn't completed it would be a no contest and both teams would just be considered a 9 game schedule.

Last year absolutely has something to do with last nights situation. Let’s not paint the picture that incidents only happen when others use the facility. To date , two known incidents, one involved a Sallies student. Correct me if I’m wrong!

Reactions: 31341
Last year absolutely has something to do with last nights situation. Let’s not paint the picture that incidents only happen when others use the facility. To date , two known incidents, one involved a Sallies student. Correct me if I’m wrong!
Dude, you seem to really have it in for the Sals. If there was an "incident" involving one of their students they are usually shown the door. In the publics, it's a revolving door.

Last year was an accident. Last night was no accident. Big difference.

First off, I’m a fan and have personal ties to Sallies football. So have absolutely no ax to grind. Secondly, last year was an accident with special circumstances due to the fact it was a student. Keep in mind everyone’s intention may not be to sweep things under the rug and hope they go away.

The fact that it works out for that week for both teams it should get done
If Alleyne is healthy the next time they play, it will be a different game. Having the freshman take most of the snaps affected the running and passing games. Although the kid looked like he was ready to take on the task. Imo.

Reactions: Longagoplayer
If Alleyne is healthy the next time they play, it will be a different game. Having the freshman take most of the snaps affected the running and passing games. Although the kid looked like he was ready to take on the task. Imo.
Was not an ideal situation at all. BJ was essentially a game time decision and I think it really threw off the rhythm moving back and forth between them too. But not taking anything away from Howard their defensive game plan was perfect and shut down the explosiveness of the running backs and never let then get into open field. If not for the ref DMA may have scored on that one long run up the middle but he made a great open field tackle lol

Who the quarterback was seems irrelevant. From what I have heard in this thread and others who were there, Howard's line was eating up dma's. DMA had four extra running backs in the backfield, but they were wearing Howard jerseys.

It’s the truth they could have resumed but DMA offense was getting mans handled

Does the incident with one of Sallies students plowing over fans go on the incident list as well?Ijs
Was an accident the kid hit the gas and thought he was pulling forward and left it in reverse. He wasn’t smoking weed in the stands, fighting, etc.

And Wilmington is broke they would have shut Baymard down before they renovated it.

That why they got lucky by no completing the game - once it wa cleared should have finished it now DMA gets a do over

for the record not complaining Shit I would have done the same as their AD. Take advantage and play them when healthy and see what’s happens. Jist lucky

Reactions: Woody_Wood
That why they got lucky by no completing the game - once it wa cleared should have finished it now DMA gets a do over

for the record not complaining Shit I would have done the same as their AD. Take advantage and play them when healthy and see what’s happens. Jist lucky
As stated though it was never cleared and the fans that were left refused to leave

None of this reschedule later crap. Finish Monday. Everyone is off school. Do NOT make excuses as it is holiday, most teams are practicing. This way the game is being played as close to the lineups that were in the game. Neither team gets a break and I doubt Abessinio is booked. If Howard is the home team, then they should dictate the time/place, and if they can, go for Monday. If DMA doesn't like it, Howard should take it as a forfeit.

None of this reschedule later crap. Finish Monday. Everyone is off school. Do NOT make excuses as it is holiday, most teams are practicing. This way the game is being played as close to the lineups that were in the game. Neither team gets a break and I doubt Abessinio is booked. If Howard is the home team, then they should dictate the time/place, and if they can, go for Monday. If DMA doesn't like it, Howard should take it as a forfeit.
I think they have to have four days off before they can compete in another football contest. I'm not positive of that. Bib?? What's the official high school rule?

I think they have to have four days off before they can compete in another football contest. I'm not positive of that. Bib?? What's the official high school rule?
DIAA rule you get 5 quarters a week. If you play a play in a quarter that's a quarter. Should be no problem finishing on Monday.

So, what is the rule on who dictates the finish date? Home team I would hope.

Depends on if the game was officially canceled or postponed. Postponed its picked up where left off. Canceled then it would have to be rescheduled. I assume it was postponed officially since they were talking about continuing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT