ADVERTISEMENT

FNL week 9

Well said rr. I guess I have to eat some crow after picking Smyrna. I thought I had all the psychological factors covered. Home dog with a chip on their shoulder against a young and I mean young developing team. I have already gotten a few texts from my son in law who was at the game.

He actually had the temerity to call me a "stunod."

Jesus Bummy again you have to make me break out the dictionary..wouldn't audacity or gall worked just as well? . at least we would know what the hell you were saying lol

I got two new words this week stunod and temerity.. I actually like both of them,, thank you Bummy and Chesdel. Isn't language fun? Not as fun as History but still fun

Last edited:
Is there actually a downtown Milford?.. I thought it was just a general store, church and a school. Well I suppose a saloon as well..giddy up

Last edited:
Third largest City by population in Delaware. We have several watering holes, catering to many tastes. Its quite a community here, honestly for a kid from Brooklyn, it's not too small and not to big. Best part is, most people accept you for who you are. You don't need to be native, just community minded.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Typical upstate state, private school loving BS ...

relax it was just humor..I am well aware of what Milford is,, FYI I never went to private school and I grew up in small town Kansas ,, The humor was from a place I hold dear.. Keats Kansas was a town we would pass through it was a church, a school and 3 houses population 10 ,, if you blink you missed it lol

ok here we go again with the excuses ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
No excuses. Delmar didn’t play good at all. If they play like this next week they lose. But having their starting linebackers back will help.

For the refs, they were bad. I’ve never seen 4 straight 15 yard penalties against one team. Which lead to a Milford TD. Then on the ensuing kickoff throw a flag for 12 men when Delmar only had 11. The ref had to count multiple times. I’ve posted on this board for years after Delmar wins and loses. I can promise you I’ve never posted about the refs like this. They missed a couple on Delmar too. But when Delmar went up 2 scores the flags were flying left and right against Delmar.

He was just joking. Believe me it was all in fun . 86 and i go way back, he has great respect for Milford.

Sigh.. I feel America has lost its sense of humor :(
it’s our sense of humor that sustained us as a people for 3000 years, Okay, Chrissie. Give me a schtickle of flouride.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
To be honest after watching IMG quite a few times they really play like crap and as individuals,, They are just able to overcome it by benig superior athletically than everyone else.. I wouldn't call them a great "team" or program for that matter but there always is a point where size and athleticism trumps all in football you see it all the time in rec leagues
But trump wins...just like a political election, whoops did this board just go political?

No excuses. Delmar didn’t play good at all. If they play like this next week they lose. But having their starting linebackers back will help.

For the refs, they were bad. I’ve never seen 4 straight 15 yard penalties against one team. Which lead to a Milford TD. Then on the ensuing kickoff throw a flag for 12 men when Delmar only had 11. The ref had to count multiple times. I’ve posted on this board for years after Delmar wins and loses. I can promise you I’ve never posted about the refs like this. They missed a couple on Delmar too. But when Delmar went up 2 scores the flags were flying left and right against Delmar.
Sounds like a Dover game in which refs and diaa reps vohimitly refuse to allow to Dover to score a td without a holding call. Oo wait the only time that occurs is when marks is the head coach for the remainder of a game.

stop that rockem stop that,, your taking poisonous gas in a balloon and breaking it on the audience,,

Whoodey, I have the pics of 3 out of 4 of the calls you are talking about and once I figure out how to post them on here I will show them to you. I never saw Delmar do that as long as I have been watching them. From where you were sitting I know what it looked like to you and understand the frustration. However, they were good calls. The call you should have issue with was the phantom hold when Delmar was trying to run out the clock.

Sigh.. I feel America has lost its sense of humor :(
it’s our sense of humor that sustained us as a people for 3000 years, Okay, Chrissie. Give me a schtickle of flouride.
It's not that we have lost our sense of humor, it's really about your jokes sucking.

Two Milford guys walk into a bar,, They look at the bartender and the bartender sighs and says "great the whole town is here"

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
On a Friday night, the Milford Tavern has two bartenders working a 2 deep crowd. Good thing I am a celebrity, they always save a seat for me.

I have watched HS football, and coached CYM, in Delaware for years. Only consistent thing is the refs are wildly inconsistent.

I have watched HS football, and coached CYM, in Delaware for years. Only consistent thing is the refs are wildly inconsistent.
So sometimes refs are good and sometimes bad, That is shocking. As a group, we need to understand that the officials are doing the best that they can. If you think you can do the job just let me know. I can hook you right up.

Whoodey, I have the pics of 3 out of 4 of the calls you are talking about and once I figure out how to post them on here I will show them to you. I never saw Delmar do that as long as I have been watching them. From where you were sitting I know what it looked like to you and understand the frustration. However, they were good calls. The call you should have issue with was the phantom hold when Delmar was trying to run out the clock.

I just watched the game film and on the "phantom hold" you mention, Masyn Lilly is blocking Milford's linebacker #40. Masyn has at least 4 inches and 50 lbs on the linebacker, but somehow he manages to spin Masyn around 180°. Physically the only way that could happen is if he had a hold of Masyn. It was obvious from the visitor sidelines as well as on the film.

I just watched the game film and on the "phantom hold" you mention, Masyn Lilly is blocking Milford's linebacker #40. Masyn has at least 4 inches and 50 lbs on the linebacker, but somehow he manages to spin Masyn around 180°. Physically the only way that could happen is if he had a hold of Masyn. It was obvious from the visitor sidelines as well as on the film.
I was on the other side of the field and I didn't here any of the Milford staff yelling "hold" so I just figured it was a phantom call. How do I get to see this game film?

Last edited:
easy fella, lmao, I guess I better check myself, thanks for correcting me, you sure told me off...

Harford Tech 47 Joppatowne 0 :(

Tally up another BP for Tower Hill

HT plays Elkton 1st round of play-offs next week.. Go Elks!

Last edited:
Easy fella ,,, he said he was a kid from Brooklyn ... maybe he moved to Milford when he was in high school. Thanks for your input though
Came down here in my early 30's. Like I said, Milford is a very welcoming community. There are some areas in the state that if you aren't from there, you can never be part of the community, you will always be considered a carpetbagger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT