ADVERTISEMENT

FNL week 9

Came down here in my early 30's. Like I said, Milford is a very welcoming community. There are some areas in the state that if you aren't from there, you can never be part of the community, you will always be considered a carpetbagger.
"Once a Buccaneer,..." '79

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
once a Knight a Ram a Mariner, an Indian, a Cardinal and then a Mariner again lol

Last edited:
You should feel privileged. I didn't get an invite and I walked over to him special just to say hello. This after a fan tries to break my thumb with the bathroom door. In fact it's quite hurtful.
It was good to CU last night Vert. The Milford training staff hooked you right up however and they said your prognosis for recovery is good. As for the invite it is always there, you know that.

Aside from the refs the Delmar Milford game was a good one. Delmar started the game off sloppy and Milford took advantage of Delmar missing their starting linebackers. At one point both teams were trading punches.

Milford was better than I expected. Someone said they started the season off slowly and got better around mid season. If they played like they did last night all season they would be a playoff team. They looked the part.

Hopefully Delmar can get their act together next week. If not they will go from home field advantage in the playoffs to traveling like last year.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
Milford's "slow start" was due to the fact they played with a Freshman QB and faced some top teams early... 30pt loss to Tech who has surprised a lot of people in D1 followed by DMA (Corahn Alleyne show)

Their playoff game will be this week when they square off with Lake in the Battle of the Bell!

Reactions: BackinBlack86
What bell?
From Maxpreps...
IMG_5401-1024x683.jpg

The Battle of the Bell is played yearly between the Lake Forest Spartans and the Milford Buccaneers during the last week of the football regular season. The Bell comes off of an old passenger train that ran between Harrington and Milford that opposing fans would travel on by train to the games. The game was first played in 1969 when Harrington High School and Felton High School merged to become Lake Forest.

love it !!! has anyone (students) ever stolen the Bell as a prank? just asking because I know of things like this happening.... I remember Edgewood kids painted the Joppatowne anchor red once .. Junction City Kansas kids stole the Manhattan HS Indian statue from their stadium entrance ohh the good ole days lol... those things arent as sacred as the bell tough.. silly kids lol I remember Hays Kansas and Newton Kansas used to play for a hay bale every year,, that got took once lol easily replaced though

m31779.jpg

Aside from the refs the Delmar Milford game was a good one. Delmar started the game off sloppy and Milford took advantage of Delmar missing their starting linebackers. At one point both teams were trading punches.

Milford was better than I expected. Someone said they started the season off slowly and got better around mid season. If they played like they did last night all season they would be a playoff team. They looked the part.

Hopefully Delmar can get their act together next week. If not they will go from home field advantage in the playoffs to traveling like last year.
We're just gonna have to agree to partially disagree on this one. I thought the refs were pretty even the whole game. There were some missed calls on both sides. However Whoodey, I was right there and saw all three of those penalties you took issue with, pictures posted previously.

I agree Delmar missing a some linebackers had an impact.Both teams were sloppy to start the game. Back to back turnovers early in the first quarter very strange. Bottom line is the better team won. Key play had to be Dennard 99 yard KO return for touchdown, still don't know how that ball did not make it to the end zone.

If you stop and think about it that game was 0-0 at the end of one. After that it was one big play after another. It was a lot of fun to watch with some great athletes on the field making great plays for the rest of the night. These two teams always battle hard and rarely do you see any cheap stuff between the players. Even though Delmar has gotten the better of it the last couple of years, it's a game i'm gonna miss. For that you can blame the point system. Why play a team like Delmar who could compete at the D-1 level when you can have a cupcake to get your season started. Good luck the rest of the way.

I generally don't like to talk about the refs, but I went back and looked at the game film for the 3 facemask penalties called against Delmar to settle this issue.The first and second ones are clear 15 yard facemasks. The third one was impossible to tell from the film as there was a big lineman between the camera and the play. You can't really see it in your picture either Ikeyfbst2, but Dante's hand is definitely in the vicinity of the facemask. I'll give the refs the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I did run across another play that made me shake my head. On one play, #21 on Milford was getting blocked by #52 of Delmar. #21 grabbed #52 by the helmet and pulled him to the ground on top of him, ripping off #52's helmet. The ref was right there, looking at the action and didn't throw a flag. Instead, he patted the Milford player on the back when he stood up and sent the Delmar player to the sideline because his helmet came off on the play. The ball carrier was on the other side of of the formation about 6 yards downfield and getting tackled at the same time, and this helmet grab was almost exactly halfway between the ref and the tackle, so perhaps the ref totally missed it because he was paying attention to the tackle on the other side of the formation. Refs are not perfect and I know they try their best in a difficult situation, but that was a clear missed call. Missed calls happen, even in the pros, so there is no reason to get upset about it.

Reactions: youjustme
I generally don't like to talk about the refs, but I went back and looked at the game film for the 3 facemask penalties called against Delmar to settle this issue.The first and second ones are clear 15 yard facemasks. The third one was impossible to tell from the film as there was a big lineman between the camera and the play. You can't really see it in your picture either Ikeyfbst2, but Dante's hand is definitely in the vicinity of the facemask. I'll give the refs the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I did run across another play that made me shake my head. On one play, #21 on Milford was getting blocked by #52 of Delmar. #21 grabbed #52 by the helmet and pulled him to the ground on top of him, ripping off #52's helmet. The ref was right there, looking at the action and didn't throw a flag. Instead, he patted the Milford player on the back when he stood up and sent the Delmar player to the sideline because his helmet came off on the play. The ball carrier was on the other side of of the formation about 6 yards downfield and getting tackled at the same time, and this helmet grab was almost exactly halfway between the ref and the tackle, so perhaps the ref totally missed it because he was paying attention to the tackle on the other side of the formation. Refs are not perfect and I know they try their best in a difficult situation, but that was a clear missed call. Missed calls happen, even in the pros, so there is no reason to get upset about it.
Yeah getting pics in the middle of the pile are hard to get, surprised I even got that one. The other pic of Mifflin was the horse collar which was called.
My camera pretty much follows the ball (pain in the ass with the Delmar option offense), so I did not see the play where the helmet came off but helmets usually don't come off for no reason so I will take your word for it. At the end of the day the game was well played, fun and entertaining. Even if every call against Delmar was wrong, they did what they were supposed to do. They made the plays when they had to, that's what good teams do, It's what championship teams do.

No excuses. Delmar didn’t play good at all. If they play like this next week they lose. But having their starting linebackers back will help.

For the refs, they were bad. I’ve never seen 4 straight 15 yard penalties against one team. Which lead to a Milford TD. Then on the ensuing kickoff throw a flag for 12 men when Delmar only had 11. The ref had to count multiple times. I’ve posted on this board for years after Delmar wins and loses. I can promise you I’ve never posted about the refs like this. They missed a couple on Delmar too. But when Delmar went up 2 scores the flags were flying left and right against Delmar.
Delmar fans being Delmar fans if the refs good refs Delmar would have won by 7 or 8 touchdowns....

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Delmar fans being Delmar fans if the refs good refs Delmar would have won by 7 or 8 touchdowns....

When did anyone say that? Please enlighten me. You see people complain about the refs every week on here. Rarely do you see it come from Delmar fans.

But when you have 4 straight 15 yard penalties, an unnecessary flag for 12 men on the field (eventually picked up) and a phantom hold call when Delmar got a 1st down to ice the game, it does seem as if the refs were looking for a reason to throw a flag.

Delmar needed a test and Milford gave them one. It was a great game to watch. The last 3 years this game has had division and playoff implications. Unfortunately we won’t see this matchup again for some time.

When did anyone say that? Please enlighten me. You see people complain about the refs every week on here. Rarely do you see it come from Delmar fans.

But when you have 4 straight 15 yard penalties, an unnecessary flag for 12 men on the field (eventually picked up) and a phantom hold call when Delmar got a 1st down to ice the game, it does seem as if the refs were looking for a reason to throw a flag.

Delmar needed a test and Milford gave them one. It was a great game to watch. The last 3 years this game has had division and playoff implications. Unfortunately we won’t see this matchup again for some time.
Lol some people can’t see the forest because of the trees... Delmar fans being Delmar fans..,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT