ADVERTISEMENT

Football

I would expect to see transfers but with some of the states changing almost daily. They might move to a state which then postpones the season.

I wonder if you a kid can play somewhere in the fall and somewhere else in the spring?

I would expect to see transfers but with some of the states changing almost daily. They might move to a state which then postpones the season.

I wonder if you a kid can play somewhere in the fall and somewhere else in the spring?

Most of the kids transferring are intending on graduating early and early enrolling in college as well as looking for more offers.... Mater Dei lost their three best players due to this and being Cali moved football to spring and another big Cali school lost it's starting 4 star QB who transferred to Valdosta in GA.. but GA looking iffy now.. So yeah these guys are transferring but no guarantee those states will play... as for the other thing most associations have a rule that a player can't play for two different teams in the same year but I guess it could be a gray area but mostly the transfers are looking to play in fall then go to college in spring it also has to do with the NCAA closed recruiting periods and open etc.. Maybe NCAA will lax those considering the situation and let the coaches recruit full on all year.. maybe that will help?

Wednesday night update:
- North Carolina has moved football to the spring, becoming the 15th state/district to do so
- North Carolina private schools are staying in the fall but have delayed another 2 weeks after an initial 2 week delay
- Connecticut declined to move to the spring today
- Kansas is starting on time but Kansas City schools will not compete in fall sports
- Maine has delayed the start of the regular season by a month and will cut the regular season from 8 to 6 games. All teams will make the playoffs
- Missouri has begun practice and will play their season as scheduled
- Montana will play fall sports as scheduled

National Fall 2020 HS Football Outlook- 8/14/20

State Associations:

Full go on normal start date (15)- AK, AL, AR, ID, IN, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, OK, SD, TN, UT, WY
Full go on normal start date but shortened regular season (2)- IA, OH
Staggered Start Date (1)- TX (1A-4A on time; 5A-6A delayed 4 weeks)
Delayed 1 Week (1)- WV
Delayed 2 Weeks (4)- GA, KY, MS, PA
Delayed 3 Weeks (4)- CT, FL, MA, WI
Delayed 4 Weeks (4)- ME, NH, NJ, NY
Delayed 6 Weeks (3)- AZ, LA, SC
Delayed until spring (16)- CA, CO, DC, DE, HI, IL, MD, MI, MN, NC, NM, NV, OR, VA, VT, WA

Yet to make a decision (1)- RI

Major Non-State Private School Associations:

Full go on normal start date (2)- AISA, MAIS
Delayed 1 Week (1)- SCISA
Delayed 2 Weeks (1)- GISA
Delayed 3 Weeks (1)- TAPPS
Delayed 4 Weeks (1)- NCISAA
Fall Championships Cancelled, Competition Decision Deferred to Individual Schools (2)- NEPSAC, VISAA
Delayed until Spring (2)- MIAA, WCAC

Yet to make a decision (1)- SSAC

Friday night update:
- Michigan became the latest state to move to the spring
- Florida will start practice on 8/24 and games on 9/4 after the FHSAA board decided to go against the medical report in favor of delaying the season until December
- Wisconsin will let schools that are unable to play football in the fall play in the spring, with both seasons having shortened 7-game schedules

956062625_COVIDandHSFB8_14_20.thumb.png.493bf01a8705ecd0d1fe90cb52ba201f.png

Reactions: Titanium Shadow

Looks like PA will start FB

The schools/school boards will decide if their schools will allow their kids to play.. Philadelphia publics already opted out..More will also.. Will depend on if the kids are in school if they will have after school activities.

The athletic associations can approve what they want but it will still be up the the school systems if their schools will play, This is every state , many of the full go states have schools or school systems opting out and not playing...

Reactions: nomorenonstop
Sooo with recent trends do you guys think they play?

Would be soooo happy to eat crow and be wrong on this one. My kid wants to play.

7 game season starting Oct 23 and 2 weeks of playoffs. All still pending Dept of ed approval. All players wearing masks. Masks also required for soccerr and indoor sports

Reactions: 84rider
Because of scheduling challenges, I’ve heard they may due away with auto bids this season only, and use the CFP model, having the committee pick 4 best for each level. Not ideal, but neither is anything else about 2020.

Because of scheduling challenges, I’ve heard they may due away with auto bids this season only, and use the CFP model, having the committee pick 4 best for each level. Not ideal, but neither is anything else about 2020.

I sure hope this isn't true because this shouldn't be a popularity contest

One for thing is for sure .. anything else but a committee choice Sallies would be screwed.. There is no D1 opponents for them.. unless they just allow open scheduling and do away with conference and conference champions this year.

One for thing is for sure .. anything else but a committee choice Sallies would be screwed.. There is no D1 opponents for them.. unless they just allow open scheduling and do away with conference and conference champions this year.
This. The Sals have no way into the tournament unless one of a few things happens. A committee is one of them. Another possibility is that a few of the Flight A or Henlopen North teams opt out of sports for the year, or possibly just football, and some teams have openings on the schedule.

William Penn is completely remote for the first semester. Do they play football? I don't know what the feeling is downstate, but could Caesar Rodney not play? Even though he voted in favor of the return to sports yesterday, superintendent Kevin Fitzgerald wasn't on board a month ago. I live in Brandywine School District and believe they will play, but there are two D-I schools there.

Could the Sals possibly schedule Wilmington Charter and/or Polytech, picking up Division I points? Or will Red Clay opt out? By the way, if that happens, would that mean no season for Dickinson, McKean, DMA and Conrad as well as Charter?

The football committee has a lot of work to do.

This. The Sals have no way into the tournament unless one of a few things happens. A committee is one of them. Another possibility is that a few of the Flight A or Henlopen North teams opt out of sports for the year, or possibly just football, and some teams have openings on the schedule.

William Penn is completely remote for the first semester. Do they play football? I don't know what the feeling is downstate, but could Caesar Rodney not play? Even though he voted in favor of the return to sports yesterday, superintendent Kevin Fitzgerald wasn't on board a month ago. I live in Brandywine School District and believe they will play, but there are two D-I schools there.

Could the Sals possibly schedule Wilmington Charter and/or Polytech, picking up Division I points? Or will Red Clay opt out? By the way, if that happens, would that mean no season for Dickinson, McKean, DMA and Conrad as well as Charter?

The football committee has a lot of work to do.

Both Poly and Delcastle should opt out of conference play this year and just schedule D2's That will open some D1 games up for Sallies and the better D2 teams... Or .... Being Poly is leaving the conference next year anyway just stick Sallies in their place in Hen North this year. Sallies was already playing Smyrna, Middletown and Dover this year.. That makes the most sense IMO

I know some conferences are allowing teams in earlier than expect. The DSC added a new team early this year. Can’t win title but it helps them with scheduling.

I know some conferences are allowing teams in earlier than expect. The DSC added a new team early this year. Can’t win title but it helps them with scheduling.

Gee thanks for the information. You mind telling us who that team is or is it top secret? :p

It is St E.. also word on the street is Delcastle is going independent for this season and Sallies is taking their spot in Flight A

I thought it was St E but it threw me when he said the team wouldn't be eligible for conf champ.. Made me think it could be a D1 team,, but anyway,

Maybe they could put CA in Hen South for this year? just an idea I have heard nothing on that,,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT