ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day men..and women FNL Scores Week 2

Yeah maybe I didn’t know the rule still doubt the interpretation of it applies to the play in question none the less I am not a ref just a big mouth blogger in a forum. I rely on better informed guys like you to set the record straight and am glad you are here to do it

That’s crazy FSG So essentially any hit on a receiver who has not caught the ball and has not made a step to advance it is a penalty? F it just put flags on the kids let’s play 7 on 7. No need to pay lineman or have them anymore

So what you posted the way to play DB is cover and try and defend the pass and try and make a play on the ball but if you can’t get to the ball sit back and let them catch it then attempt to tackle them

Well I guess that’s it.
Apparently you didn't read the post about the rule. A player who initiates contact against a defenseless player is responsible for making legal contact. It is the responsibility of the defender to make legal contact with regards to defenseless players. Also from your description in sounds like he took out the legs of a receiver in the air which could definitely be deemed excessive contact.

Yeah whatever. Watching the play it looked like regular play with no intent to injure If the rules what they are then so be it The game is becoming a joke anyway. Refs having to make all these interpretations Players having go against natural instincts in defending. Like I said flag them up and we can all go watch lacrosse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT