ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Hoops Pre-Season Top 10s

GateKeeperRefugee

All-State
Jan 3, 2013
We're about 2 weeks away from practices starting, so let's talk about our pre-season top 10s. I'll go first.

1. Caravel - Bryson. Marvel. Cauley. Otlowski. And now Kendra Warren. What's not to like about Caravel? If Coach Caldwell can manage these personalities and skill sets (she's been in two of the last 3 state championship games, so it's clear she can), Caravel is the team to beat.

2. Conrad - The Kuleszas are back of course, as well as Alyssa Faville and Janylah Whittlesey who made strides as an 8th grader in the paint. This team has the deadly distinction of being young and experienced and well-traveled. Caravel's the only team standing in their way.

3. Sanford - Can't sleep on what Marcus Thompson has. Lauren Park-Lane is the engine that makes them go, Pollich and Kubek in the paint and Olivia Tucker and Kanisa Tucker doing work outside. Gonna be tough with no bench, but I don't see that being an issue for Sanford til tourney time, if even then.

4. Ursuline - Alisha Lewis and Yanni Hendley are gone and Olivia Mason/Kay Wulah are hurting, but Maggie Connolly is no joke and Ursuline has a top-notch coaching staff. They won't give up that trophy easily.

5. CR - Bill Victory is a helluva coach and has the young talent to really crack the Final Four and possibly the title game if they stay healthy.

6. St. Thomas More - depth was a problem last season as they literally ran out of players against Sussex Central in the tournament, but some new blood will keep this team in the conversation all year.

7. Howard - Good guards can take you far and Howard has a dynamite backcourt in Na'Leigha Wright and Jaymail Hollis. Of course Ronnasia Blatch-Huggins is the one who will get the most headlines, but Howard's a sleeper in this year's field.

8. St. E - Can't count out the Vikings even though they lost a LOT to graduation this past season.

9. Hodgson. New Flight, same results. Can't see anybody stopping Kayla Braxton-Young or Ja-Naiah Perkins-Jackson. Will they have the complimentary role players necessary for a deep run? Stay tuned.

10. Sussex Tech - The Ravens were made up of mostly sophomores last year and ended up 15-5 with a tournament win under their belts. CR's most serious competition in the Henny North.

Honorable Mention: Mount Pleasant, Appo, Archmere, St. Georges

Last edited:
love it!! great job-
St. E's fatty, Arianna henry, and yakyra smith hines. they will not have any size this year. I'm hearing one of there bigs is not playing this year.

Appo could have the second best back court with tink and Senay clark

can't wait for the season to start!!
again great job

I hope it's not Lee that's not playing because I really liked her game and felt like Coach Cooney should've gone to her more. That's a big loss for St. E if so.

i just checked again. the girl on st. e is going to play. but she is on the fence because she already is committed to a college for volleyball and they don't want her to get hurt. but i think she is playing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT