John Staudenmayer named New Wrestling Coach at St. Marks

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
From the Wilmington Dialog Catholic Media Release
MILLTOWN
— John Michael Staudenmayer, a former Pennsylvania state champion and NCAA qualifier, has been named the wrestling coach at Saint Mark’s High School.
Staudenmayer graduated from Plymouth Whitemarsh (Pa.) High School, where he was a standout wrestler. He was a two-time Pennsylvania State Medalist, a FILA University National All-American, an ASICS High School All-American honorable mention, and a member of the Dapper Dan All-Star Team.
At the University of North Carolina, he was a four-time qualifier for the NCAA qualifier and a two-time Atlantic Coast Conference finalist. Following his graduation in 2016, he wrestled internationally and was an assistant coach at Plymouth Whitemarsh. According to his LinkedIn profile, he is a coach with Tyrant Wrestling in Wilmington.
“The Spartan community is excited about the limitless possibilities that John Staudenmayer will bring to our wrestling program,” athletic director Matt Smith said in a statement. “The high character of this man, as well as his wrestling experience, will benefit Saint Mark’s into the future.”
Staudenmayer’s staff at Saint Mark’s will include Spartans alumnus Brian Willis, a two-time state champion and a Division I college wrestler at Bloomsburg University. The pair are ready to get going at Saint Mark’s, which has won 12 state championships, the last in 2010.
“I want to create a winning mindset. Half the battle is mentality,” Staudenmayer said in a statement. “I’m all about building kids up. They need to feel like they have someone in their corner. I’m building a foundation. I’m building trust."
Staudenmayer said he wants to expand the Spartans’ competition beyond Delaware and into neighboring states, although that won’t happen this year because of pandemic-related restrictions on interstate matches.
Saint Mark’s, and all other winter sports teams in the state, is currently allowed to practice. Competitions will not begin until at least Jan. 11.

Reactions: trapblock22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT