ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Jordan

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
Look at this silky smooth jumper from Michael Jordan...the winning basket in the 1982 NCAA title game, Some people were saying he was the "Donte DiVincenzo of North Carolina." Now, that is a stretch...

Reactions: jvm3
Righteous indignation!?! That is humor. Jay Wright called him "the Michael Jordan of Delaware" as a joke making fun of Delaware HS basketball. My closing comment in the post was "that is a stretch" That is humor by understatement.

GOAT. OK. In my opinion, LeBon James is the GOAT. Oscar Robertson is #2. Bill Russell is the greatest winner in the history of team sports.

I think Michael Jordan is the most important player in the history of the NBA. He was the best player in his era. He led his team to 6 NBA titles. He came along at the advent of ESPN and the 24 hour sports news cycle. He was the main impetus for the athletic shoe boom. He became a cultural icon. He became the face of basketball. His endorsements made him millions. He raised the popularity of the game enough that other players made lots of money in endorsements. The current NBA players owe him an eternal debt of gratitude.

I realize that most people agree with you about Jordan being the GOAT.

Donte had one of the best games in the history of the Final Four. I am thrilled for him and DE HS basketball.
There is and will continue to be all kinds of hyperbole. I compared him previously to Rex Chapman as an NBA player. Maybe he is trending to being a better NBA player than Chapman....

Righteous indignation!?! That is humor. Jay Wright called him "the Michael Jordan of Delaware" as a joke making fun of Delaware HS basketball. My closing comment in the post was "that is a stretch" That is humor by understatement.

GOAT. OK. In my opinion, LeBon James is the GOAT. Oscar Robertson is #2. Bill Russell is the greatest winner in the history of team sports.

I think Michael Jordan is the most important player in the history of the NBA. He was the best player in his era. He led his team to 6 NBA titles. He came along at the advent of ESPN and the 24 hour sports news cycle. He was the main impetus for the athletic shoe boom. He became a cultural icon. He became the face of basketball. His endorsements made him millions. He raised the popularity of the game enough that other players made lots of money in endorsements. The current NBA players owe him an eternal debt of gratitude.

I realize that most people agree with you about Jordan being the GOAT.

Donte had one of the best games in the history of the Final Four. I am thrilled for him and DE HS basketball.
There is and will continue to be all kinds of hyperbole. I compared him previously to Rex Chapman as an NBA player. Maybe he is trending to being a better NBA player than Chapman....
King James is nowhere near the GOAT... He not even better than Kobe.. Please... King James ran like a liitle baby to Miami because he couldn't get past Boston... He should of took them ass whoopings like a man and figure it out.. Jordan couldn't get past Pistons, Boston... He stayed at Bulls and figured it and went 6-0 in finals.. King James will never win a title again..

Reactions: J12 and 84rider
I am willing to let father time and thoughtful reflection determine who is the GOAT.

Jordan had the luxury of playing in the nation's 2nd biggest market. LeBron started off in his hometown in the era of more player mobility. The free agency right was earned for NBA players thanks to the efforts of the 2nd all time greatest player of all time Oscar Robertson.

It is shameful that you would make an ad hominem attack on a talented man utilizing the free market system.
I suggest that you read one of Thomas Sowell's books like - Knowledge and Decisions or his Basic Economics.

I respect the talent of Michael Jordan. He did walk away from his dedicated fans to play minor league baseball for a couple of years. Was that a foreshadowing of Tim Tebow? (that's humor, again) Then again, I remember Jordan limping along for a paycheck with the Wizards as he wound down his career. Was he abandoning His teammates in Chicago? No, he was a free man using free markets....just like Le Bron.

LeBron has a couple rings left in him. His greatest will eclipse them all. He is truly like a Byzantine King suspended between heaven and earth. (That's humor, too...)

Reactions: jvm3
I am willing to let father time and thoughtful reflection determine who is the GOAT.

Jordan had the luxury of playing in the nation's 2nd biggest market. LeBron started off in his hometown in the era of more player mobility. The free agency right was earned for NBA players thanks to the efforts of the 2nd all time greatest player of all time Oscar Robertson.

It is shameful that you would make an ad hominem attack on a talented man utilizing the free market system.
I suggest that you read one of Thomas Sowell's books like - Knowledge and Decisions or his Basic Economics.

I respect the talent of Michael Jordan. He did walk away from his dedicated fans to play minor league baseball for a couple of years. Was that a foreshadowing of Tim Tebow? (that's humor, again) Then again, I remember Jordan limping along for a paycheck with the Wizards as he wound down his career. Was he abandoning His teammates in Chicago? No, he was a free man using free markets....just like Le Bron.

LeBron has a couple rings left in him. His greatest will eclipse them all. He is truly like a Byzantine King suspended between heaven and earth. (That's humor, too...)

Damn. With prose like that you could have made it through Sallies!

Reactions: Chesdel
Bummy now has to backtrack a bit. When Jordan came back to play for th Wizards he had been out of the game for 3 years. I think he was laying the groundwork to become an NBA owner. When his group didn't get the Wizards they got the expansion franchise in Charlotte.

Jordan now owns 90% of the Hornets...and also a piece of the Marlins. He is a billionaire. (If the Marlins eventually become like a Caribbean team sharing time between Miami and Havana..he will make another billion..)

LeBron James wants to own an NBA team. Some folks feel he has a lot of conflicts as his agency represents players. Also, he pushed Cleveland into some bad contracts with like Tristan Thompson. I believe his agency represents Ben Simmons.

I think James will end up in LA...what team??

Trying to compare the players from different eras is impossible. I do think the NBA stinks now. Have a hard time watching even the playoffs. Bunch of complainers. Travel all the time too. Most games are nothing more than shooting exhibitions. No D at all. The competition for a rebound on a missed foul shot tells you all you need to know.

Trying to compare the players from different eras is impossible. I do think the NBA stinks now. Have a hard time watching even the playoffs. Bunch of complainers. Travel all the time too. Most games are nothing more than shooting exhibitions. No D at all. The competition for a rebound on a missed foul shot tells you all you need to know.
Jordan has him by a mile... Jordan never lost in the Olympics. . King James was stacked in the Olympics with him Wade, Melo, Durant, and Tim Duncan... King James and that crew couldnt even win the Gold medal. Bummy is real funny... Lol

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Jordan has him by a mile... Jordan never lost in the Olympics. . King James was stacked in the Olympics with him Wade, Melo, Durant, and Tim Duncan... King James and that crew couldnt even win the Gold medal. Bummy is real funny... Lol

Nice emotion. Minor factual issues. Durant was probably a 15 year old kid starting at National Christian Academy in 2004 so don't associate him with that train wreck of a Larry Brown coached team.

Lebron James was a 19 year old kid who was so green at the time he probably shouldn't have been on that squad. Thank God for the Colangelos coming in and cleaning up USA basketball. Coach K took over for 3 Olympics and Pop takes over in 2020.

.....thanks for the nightmare reminder of that 2004 Olympic team, hoops. Sent Bummy combing his memories and checking wiki...that 2004 team was such a train wreck they didn't even win a silver medal! They got the Bronze. Ouch! One of the issues with that team was that Iverson and Brown argued the whole time...what a train wreck...

Nice emotion. Minor factual issues. Durant was probably a 15 year old kid starting at National Christian Academy in 2004 so don't associate him with that train wreck of a Larry Brown coached team.

Lebron James was a 19 year old kid who was so green at the time he probably shouldn't have been on that squad. Thank God for the Colangelos coming in and cleaning up USA basketball. Coach K took over for 3 Olympics and Pop takes over in 2020.

.....thanks for the nightmare reminder of that 2004 Olympic team, hoops. Sent Bummy combing his memories and checking wiki...that 2004 team was such a train wreck they didn't even win a silver medal! They got the Bronze. Ouch! One of the issues with that team was that Iverson and Brown argued the whole time...what a train wreck...
Lol.. I was little off... King James about to run again. . lol.. Run forest run forest... Real crazy how they consider him one of the best of all time.. When everytime he start loosing.. He run like a liittle baby.. Hate when they compare him to Jordan. .. No heart at all..

I am a Lebron fan. My sense is that Lebron James next move will be based on who will help him get ownership of an NBA franchise. (Help him financially)

The deepest pockets owner is the Clipper's and the Knicks. Lebron does have 2-3 estates in L.A.
Josh Harris of the Sixers could help him. His current owner, Dan Gilbert, would help him finance the whole thing.
One more option. This will set Bummy back. A source of financing for Lebron to buy an NBA franchise could be none other than Michael Jordan....

Lol.. Stop it Bummy.. Refs doing everthing in there power to help King James... Clearly he blocked it off backboard. .. Playing 40 plus minutes... To save the ass whooping he going get in finals.. King James should go out in the second round or East finals.. Spurs swept him in the finals, Warriors beat him 4-1, Bummy you know whats next his ass going get swept 4-0.. Dont get me wrong Lebron is a great player but to compare up there with Jordan.. People should be banned from talking about Basketball... Lol

and no self indulgence, LBJ needs to stay of Twitter plus he’s a Hillary supporter. I love sports millionaires who support Hillary....ask the people of Arkansas what the Clintons did for them when Bill was Governor and then President.

Reactions: Chesdel and jvm3
I was kind of expecting bummy to be chirping about Lebron putting up (was it 45?) today. Maybe Bummy realizes that the season for LBJ will probably be over soon. By the way, as a Sixer fan, I don't have warm fuzzies about the Sixers and the Celtics..

Yeah, Ches, I agree....I think the winner of the Boston and Dilly Dilly matchup will represent the East game n the finals

Reactions: Dropping 3's
I was kind of expecting bummy to be chirping about Lebron putting up (was it 45?) today. Maybe Bummy realizes that the season for LBJ will probably be over soon. By the way, as a Sixer fan, I don't have warm fuzzies about the Sixers and the Celtics..
...got it, 84. What I really meant was that ....and I hope I am wrong...is that I expected the Celtics to beat the Sixers. The Boston-Philly NBA basketball rivalry is a long and tortuous one for Philly fans....going back to when the Warriors were in Phila.

The pain is unbelievable. Philly may have won like 5 of their playoff series and the Celtics like 18. It is something about those green uniforms. I know they are different teams but Philly seems to always crumble...

Bummy & Ches, did you see the “king” in OT last night lol, with .39 seconds left, up by 1 pt, he blows by his defender clear lane to the basket and kicks it out wtf.....then gets a shot clock violation with 4 seconds left wtf....never would of happened to MJ, Toronto couldn’t buy a bucket, is the only reason they won

Don't put me in Bummy's category yet but I do like to keep the pot boiling on this. When LBJ retires I will reflect upon this one.

Missed the game last night. Will try to watch on NBA TV today...

(Toronto pulls the el foldo every year. I don't think the Sixers can overcome the Boston mystique. I wonder if that would cost Brett Brown his job..)

Reactions: 84rider
@Chesdel, funny thing is, while watching the game especially in OT, I thought about this thread and said to myself, no way MJ kicks that ball out and definitely doesn’t get the ball with 6-7 seconds and take a shot clock violation. No comparison at all, MJ and even Kobe had that killer instinct that LBJ doesn’t have. He’s soft !!! Don’t get me wrong he’s a hell of a ball player but just not the finisher it takes to be the best. He has constantly surrounded himself with all stars and has great genes but I could name 5 guys I would rather have the ball in there hands down by 1 with 6 seconds left in the game that are playing right now. No one could say that when MJ was playing. Golden State has 2 players right now who I’d rather give the ball to, js

Last edited:
84, a few of the NBA Sirius radio guys were making that point today. I have seen what you have seen. Is he not confident or is he unselfish to a fault? I know that both John Paxson and Steve Kerr had playoff and finals winning shots in the Jordan championships. Having said that I have no doubt Jordan would have taken the shot if the clock was a factor and the ball was in his hands.

I am old enough and lucky enough to have been able to see about 4 Warriors games a year when I was like 9-13...then they move to SF. My dad loved the Warriors. He would have probably killed the Warriors owner (Eddie Gottlieb) if he had gotten his hands on him after he sold the team.. He was furious. I will tell you the story next time I see you.

Last edited:
LBJ back to the finals. Cavs might have lost if Love played. Jeff Green stepped up. Only Tatum stepped up for the Celts in game # 7.

I don't expect the Cavs to hang with the Western Conference Champ but LeBron as usual is the man.

Celts 7 for 39 from 3 point. Ouch!

I had picked the Warriors to win in a gentleman's sweep...that would be 4-1.

One of my goals in life is to ge LBJ to come to Philly,

Any advice on how to get this done?

No, I didn't set up Colangelo. I ain't that smart.

Bummy has heard a rumor that if Chauncey Billups is named GM after Colangelo hits the door that the Sixers have a punchers chance.

Thanks for all of the love and support for Bummy. To have fans like you is exhilarating.

King James will be playing for the Lakers next year.. Its all about money now... He already knows he cant catch M.J in titles no matter where he goes.. Warriors built for another 2 more years... So L.A is going be his move.. Now he trying to catch Jordan with the money side..lol

I don't think anybody will ever get to play for 10 World Championships like Yogi Berra.

(...of course, Bill Russell has 2 NCAA tiles, 1 Olympic title. And 11 NBA titles....)

Of course, if you go by World Championships, Yogi is the greatest baseball player of all time....of all time....of all time....

Using team titles to determine who the best individual athletes are is assinine. Just saying. Also I always found it arrogant US Champions being referred to World Champions according to who?

Other than skiing, hockey, soccer & the LPGA tour, American sports teams contain the best athletes in the world, as far as mainstream sports are concerned.

Russell was great but nowhere near Jordan. .. smh.. Back then there where only a few teams he had to play against and way less games.... King James has great skills... but damn how many teams you have to run too after you get beat...smh... Thats the big seperation from him and Jordan... Jordan took his ass whoopings and kept fighting... King James ran when he couldn't past Boston and then ran when he couldn't get past Spurs and about to run when he looses to the Warriors... but people compare him to Jordan.. lol...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT