ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Jordan

I once heard a discussion about Santa Claus. The gist was that Santa is a commercialized depiction of a fictional character. Jordan is partway there. He is the commercialized depiction of a superstar. He was a superstar who now has posed with a picture of his 6 rings to prove he is/was the GOAT.

That confuses me but I do know where I can get a Dri Fit Uni.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JO...886174?hash=item54292a3a5e:g:M5cAAOSwwPhWlqtJ

Last edited:
I once heard a discussion about Santa Claus. The gist was that Santa is a commercialized depiction of a fictional character. Jordan is partway there. He is the commercialized depiction of a superstar. He was a superstar who now has posed with a picture of his 6 rings to prove he is/was the GOAT.

That confuses me but I do know where I can get a Dri Fit Uni.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JO...886174?hash=item54292a3a5e:g:M5cAAOSwwPhWlqtJ
lol.. thats a good one..

Even Stephen A. Smith has LeBron's back...

lol.. one open court foul.. smh.. Stephen A.Smith needs to be pimp smacked..lol.. Talking so dumb... Cavs got smoked and he talking about open court fouls... What he needs to say is King James its over with.. Start picking your new team for next year. King James sitting on bench just before overtime in game 1.. Asking Coach Lue did we had a time out left and Lue said yes.. King James acted like he was going past out and started whining like a baby... Jordan just looking at him like... They cant be serious they comparing him to me... lol

Reactions: 84rider
Bummy your so called GOAT is about to get swept again... lol.. Jordan never got swept in the finals.. Matter fact .. Jordan never had to go to game 7 to win a NBA finals.. Facts...lol..

As a Lebron fan and a Sixer fan, I am hoping that something can be worked out. The Colangelo thing isn't helpful.

As a Lebron fan and a Sixer fan, I am hoping that something can be worked out. The Colangelo thing isn't helpful.
King James go to Sixers.. which i 100% doubt. .. He would get swept more easily... Put Ben and Embid in pick in roll allnight.. please.. lol.. You guys living a big fairytale..lol

Last edited:
Today - Colangelo gone.

Yesterday - Bill Russell on 11 NBA title teams with basically 2 entirely different sets of players..playing what was an 80 game schedule with a lot less playoff games, of course. He also was a player / head coach on the last one.

Tomorrow - Lebron wins a couple of titles with Philly. Passes Jabbar for the all time scoring leader. Becomes an active NBA owner. Gets the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Grant Hill and Vice President Donte DiVincenzo.

Today - Colangelo gone.

Yesterday - Bill Russell on 11 NBA title teams with basically 2 entirely different sets of players..playing what was an 80 game schedule with a lot less playoff games, of course. He also was a player / head coach on the last one.

Tomorrow - Lebron wins a couple of titles with Philly. Passes Jabbar for the all time scoring leader. Becomes an active NBA owner. Gets the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Grant Hill and Vice President Donte DiVincenzo.
Bummy your new name is called " Dream Chaser" lol..

Reactions: Chesdel
You are correct. I got carried away. It should have been Vice President Nick Foles.

Sometimes the spirit moves me to overstate things.

In other news: Brett Brown is seeking Lebron's approval for a GM candidate and Lebron is doing behind the scenes negotiating to get Kevin Durant to come to Phila. with him.

Ho Hum, just another day....

If King James think he can win a title in Philly.. He need to retire ASAP.... Warriors sweep them easily.. Embid and Ben cant guard Warriors no where on the court... If i was King James iam on the first flight to Boston... Haywood, Irvin,Tatum, Brown, Horford, and King James will be plenty to take Warriors to game 7.. Boston is million times better than Philly. .

Boston and Philadelphia played 5 games, in 3 of those games they won by a total of 7pts, definitely not a million times better. Sixers are the youngest team in the NBA and will only get better with or without LBJ

Boston and Philadelphia played 5 games, in 3 of those games they won by a total of 7pts, definitely not a million times better. Sixers are the youngest team in the NBA and will only get better with or without LBJ
yes Boston is a million times better.. They beat them in the playoffs without Irvin and Haywood.. They would of swept Philly... Philly will never beat Boston... Boston young too...Next 5 years Boston will run the East..

If King James think he can win a title in Philly.. He need to retire ASAP.... Warriors sweep them easily.. Embid and Ben cant guard Warriors no where on the court... If i was King James iam on the first flight to Boston... Haywood, Irvin,Tatum, Brown, Horford, and King James will be plenty to take Warriors to game 7.. Boston is million times better than Philly. .
Kyrie left the Cavs to get away from Lebron so ain’t no way in the hell Lebron gonna chase him to Boston...too much pride/ego. Besides Kyrie said he ain’t welcome there...LoL

If Boston were smart they would shop KI for a top ten pick.....he would make a nice addition to the Sixers

If Boston were smart they would shop KI for a top ten pick.....he would make a nice addition to the Sixers

Random thoughts from a disorganized mind:

Interesting. I do think the Celtics will make some roster moves. I like the kid but I think Gordon Hayward is a little overrated. That's not a cheap shot. Maybe I didn't see enough of him in Utah. I did see him in college.

Kyrie Irving only scares me on the injury front as does Embiid.

I think LBJ will consider San Antonio, Phila and Boston. Pop and Stevens are 2 of the best. (Nate McMillan is an up and comer) I think Brett Brown is solid.

One reason I would like to see LBJ in Phila is that he would put his foot up Embiid's ass. Embiid has so much potential it is scary..but he seems to be more interested in entertaining than achieving. LBJ would push Embiid and Simmons development exponentially. He would toughen up Fultz and Scaric.

All other things being equal overcoming the Celtics would still be the challenge.

Right now the Warriors are on another planet....yet the Rockets may have been able to close the deal if CP3 hadn't gotten injured. ( in Cleveland LBJ gets double teamed..the Warriors are so talented you can't double team anybody...)

I think LBJ will spend 3 years somewhere and then finish out his career in Cleveland.

As crazy as it sounds he may be drawn to Philly because of the educational opportunities for his children.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Durant basically telling King James just retire... you dont have a shot at winning anymore titles period. ... At this rate if James stay in the East.. He will definely past Jerry West with the most NBA finals losses... I say retire too.. lol

Wojo hints that King James and Paul George are headed for the Lakers. Magic has he cap space for 2 max contracts. I am unsure if PG13 is worthy on max$. OK, it appears that Sixers can spend some cash and forget about LeBron.

hoops, as this plays out it means that LBJ will now get to play Warriors 4 times during the regular season.

Yes, I am an LBJ guy. My motive as a sixer fan was for him to add a maturity and work ethic factor to Embiid and Simmons and to get to the finals 2 times in 3 years. LBJ would be the big piece for an up and coming team. At LA he might not even make it to the finals unless the Warriors implode.

I concur with rider that Ainge will not sit idly by...he will try to put more space between the Celts and the rest of the East.

I love the Association.

Gotta love Rodman. He was in Singapore with Jung Un and the Trumpster.
Rodman was on CNN last night wearing the MAGA hat.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Wojo hints that King James and Paul George are headed for the Lakers. Magic has he cap space for 2 max contracts. I am unsure if PG13 is worthy on max$. OK, it appears that Sixers can spend some cash and forget about LeBron.

hoops, as this plays out it means that LBJ will now get to play Warriors 4 times during the regular season.

Yes, I am an LBJ guy. My motive as a sixer fan was for him to add a maturity and work ethic factor to Embiid and Simmons and to get to the finals 2 times in 3 years. LBJ would be the big piece for an up and coming team. At LA he might not even make it to the finals unless the Warriors implode.

I concur with rider that Ainge will not sit idly by...he will try to put more space between the Celts and the rest of the East.

I love the Association.
wojo is about right but he bringing 5 others with him... Word out West is Magic is saying its about time to put an end to this Warriors dynasty talk.. lol.. Melo, Chris Paul, also Cousins is what iam hearing... Leonard might stay with Spurs.. but think Magic might offer Ingram and Randle a first round pick.. If Magic Johnson pulls that off.. iam get Sixers tickets for when Lakers come to town right now..lol

Yeah, I think it’s down to three teams Cleveland, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. All have enough money to pay max deals, 5yrs 200 million. I don’t see George Paul getting a max contract after his play from last season. He may stay in Oklahoma, he had a horrible post season. Q Leonard is through with Pop imo, I think he leaves San Antonio. If you are gonna make a run at Golden State, you definitely need a guy like Leonard who defends the perimeter and can shoot.

Who would the Sixers have to give up in a trade for Leonard? (Saric and the #10 pick probably would get pop's attention.) I think he and pop are over. How serious is Leonard's injury? Will it reoccur? I love the guy.

I am still holding out hope the Sixers get Gilbert as GM and Lebron comes on board...

I like Saric and the pick but could Ben Simmons and LBJ co-exist, BS would need get better from the outside and playing off the ball. Hate to say but Sixers might be a better “team” with Leonard. LBJ’s reaction to knucklehead J R Smith isn’t what you need in the crunch time. Jordan would of slapped J R on the ass and told him to get his head in the game ,go out and take it in OT

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
I am a Lebron guy but he did show kind of a fragile psyche in the finals.
Yes, his stats were amazing but his on court demeanor and then punching that white board after game #1 was something out of the Ron Artest playbook.

The Warriors are maybe the greatest team ever assembled. Getting KD puts them on another planet. You may think this runs counter to my gentlemanly image but the Sixers also need a guy like Draymond Green. (I wish he didn't complain to the refs all the time but so be it.....)

Bulls still at 1.. would ate these Warriors alive... Pippen got Durant.. Jordan got Curry... Ron Harper got Klay. Rodman got Green. Would beat them 4-2.. Bulls had 3 players first team all defense... Jordan, Pippen and Rodman... and Ron Harper was lock down defender too... Magic and Lakers at 2 with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Byron Scott, Macdoo beat Warriors 4-3.. Bird Celtics at 3 with Bird, Mchale, Paris, Ainge, Dennis Johnson, Bill Walton, Maxwell beat Warriors 4-3. Thomas and badboys Pistons Joe Dumars, Rodman, Bill Lambier,Thomas, John Salley, Venny microwave Johnson. .. beat Warriors 4-3.. So Warriors at 5 th right now... lol

50,60,70s where the weakest years..lol.. people praise Russe 11 titles with Boston.. He wouldnt won no titles in 80s 90s or 2000s period.. lol

Forgot about Sixers.. Juluis Ervin, Moses Malone, Andrew Tony, Mo cheecks, Bobby Jones.. beat Warriors 4-2.. So Warriors 6th now..lol

Forgot about Sixers.. Juluis Ervin, Moses Malone, Andrew Tony, Mo cheecks, Bobby Jones.. beat Warriors 4-2.. So Warriors 6th now..lol

Jesus, I was thinking about the 66-67 Sixers: Wilt Chamberlain, Luke Jackson, Chet Walker, Hal Greer, Wally Jones and 6th man Billy Cunningham. You are just a youngin'

Showtime with the Lakers, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Michael coop a loop Cooper and Kurt Rambo Rambis, Jamal Wilkes, AC Green and Byron Scott....or The Celtics with Larry Bird, Kevin Mchale, Tiny archibald, Robert the chief Parrish, Cornbread Maxwell,ML Carr, Gerald Henderson and Chris Ford...or MJ and the Bulls Team.

Showtime with the Lakers, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Michael coop a loop Cooper and Kurt Rambo Rambis, Jamal Wilkes, AC Green and Byron Scott....or The Celtics with Larry Bird, Kevin Mchale, Tiny archibald, Robert the chief Parrish, Cornbread Maxwell,ML Carr, Gerald Henderson and Chris Ford...or MJ and the Bulls Team.
i try to tell him...

Ches is old school, every generation has its favorite teams. My favorite team when I was a young guy playing pee wee basketball was the Virginia Squires. I’m sure Ches remembers them, Dr J and the Iceman George Gervin, two of the best basketball posters a kid could have, lol, George Gervin sitting on the ice throne was the coolest thing I’d seen.

Ches is old school, every generation has its favorite teams. My favorite team when I was a young guy playing pee wee basketball was the Virginia Squires. I’m sure Ches remembers them, Dr J and the Iceman George Gervin, two of the best basketball posters a kid could have, lol, George Gervin sitting on the ice throne was the coolest thing I’d seen.

You left out Roland "Fatty" Taylor. Roland passed away in December. He was on the Squires and later the ABA team in Denver. He was the ABA defensive player of the year like 3 times. Great guy. I went to college with him. (He was class of '69. I was a 71er.)

Yes, I do think some of the old teams get left out. The 66-67 Sixers. The Celtics from like 61-65. One of my favorite teams was the 72-73 Knicks. Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Bill Bradley, Dave DeBuschere, Dick Barnett, Jerry Lucas, Phil Jackson. They beat a 68-14 Celtics team in the Eastern finals and then beat the Lakers.

Every team mentioned was great in their era.

Dr J was my favorite as a kid. I remember getting a Dr J rubber b-ball for Christmas it was my favorite gift I would dribble that ball on the back porch all day. I lived in Kansas I might add. My favorite poster was Chocalate Thunder Darryl Dawkins As a kid him shattering backboards was amazing. I enventiualy became a Kareem and Majic fan and followed the Lakers. Most of my friends were Celtic fans. Kansas City Kings were a joke no one followed them lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT