ADVERTISEMENT

New Castle vs Kent & Sussex County

trapblock22

Getting reps on JV
Nov 26, 2019
In a hypothetical all-star match, how would the New Castle county teams fair against the Sussex and Kent County teams this year?

Reactions: oldtimer60
This year I think New castle would fair pretty well. The better teams in New castle are Salesianum, Caravel, DMA, and William Penn, Red lion, St.Marks . Sallies has shown a strong and skillful lineup this year and the D2 race is between Caravel and DMA. However I do think Sussex and Kent is stronger top down. I think the middle school programs definitely help southern Delaware however the north is starting to get better off-season clubs.

Reactions: trapblock22
In a hypothetical all-star match, how would the New Castle county teams fair against the Sussex and Kent County teams this year?
I honestly believe you could see 11-12 state champs from the north this year. There is prolly 3 weights were the south would be favored but even those 3 are not shoe ins.

If i had to predict it now, i think indy will have more state champs then henlopen this year, and blue hen might have 1. If sinclair stays at 144, 144 is a toss up

State Champs Last 10 Years (2012-2022) by Conference:
Henlopen: 95
Independence: 38
Blue Hen: 21

Last year was the first time in over 20 years that the Henlopen conference didnt claim the most state champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewrestling123
Obviously henlopen has dominated the last 10 years. But the future of Delaware wrestling in the next 5-10 years will be from the independent winning the most state titles as individuals. This year I think independent can take up to 9

Obviously henlopen has dominated the last 10 years. But the future of Delaware wrestling in the next 5-10 years will be from the independent winning the most state titles as individuals. This year I think independent can take up to 9
I think the independent can win 10 plus.If you look the Henlopen is only favored in 3 as of now and two of those I’m not so sure they even win.

Last edited:
my mid season predictions would be right now: (guessing in some weights)
106: lucian TH
113: Stratton SC
120: Radecki CA
126: Trevor Copes CR
132: Poore CA
138: Sinclair WP
144: Duffy TH
150: Munch Sallies
157: Lane WP
165: Spoor STM (bender is hurt?)
175: Frichtman CH
190: Griffith Sanford
215: Agresti Sallies
285: Goodman St E’s
Indy: 8/9?
Blue Hen: 2
Henlopen: 3/4?

my mid season predictions would be right now: (guessing in some weights)
106: lucian TH
113: Stratton SC
120: Radecki CA
126: Trevor Copes CR
132: Poore CA
138: Sinclair WP
144: Duffy TH
150: Munch Sallies
157: Lane WP
165: Spoor STM (bender is hurt?)
175: Frichtman CH
190: Griffith Sanford
215: Agresti Sallies
285: Goodman St E’s
Indy: 8/9?
Blue Hen: 2
Henlopen: 3/4?
106 Bakhsh St M/Bellarin RL
113 Lucian TH/Stratton SC
120 Radeck CA
126 Copes CR/Davis Sal
132 Poore CA
138 Sinclair WP
144 Wells CA/Duffy TH
150 Cataldi CR/Munch Sal
157 Bender Cape
165 Spoor St M
175 Fritchman Cape/Simpson DMA
190 Griffith San
215 Agrest Sal
Hwt About 8 different guys could win

is Bellarin cutting to 106? Will Lucian cut? Will bender be at 157 or 165? Copes vs Davis rematch in the finals? Does Sinclair stay at 138? The only weight classes that are almost guarantees are 132 Poore, 190 Griffith, and 215 Agresti. Maybe August DMA closes the gap vs Agresti?

is Bellarin cutting to 106? Will Lucian cut? Will bender be at 157 or 165? Copes vs Davis rematch in the finals? Does Sinclair stay at 138? The only weight classes that are almost guarantees are 132 Poore, 190 Griffith, and 215 Agresti. Maybe August DMA closes the gap vs Agresti?
Bellarin is a small 113. Stratton may even go 106. Easier route at 106. I’m interested to see how hwt plays out. Prolly see a 1-2 215 go up. OW should be interesting prolly 3-4 guys that can pin their way through. Miller CA has upset potential too at 150/157.

Interested to see where Lucian and Sinclair go as well. Also, I think 126 gets interesting if Pratt goes down. I could see him being a tough matchup for Davis and Copes.

Reactions: ColonialGrad
Bellarin is a small 113. Stratton may even go 106. Easier route at 106. I’m interested to see how hwt plays out. Prolly see a 1-2 215 go up. OW should be interesting prolly 3-4 guys that can pin their way through. Miller CA has upset potential too at 150/157.
You think August goes to Heavyweight?

The speculation continues. Anything can happen. A kid gets hurt or bad grades or flat out doesn't want to make weight anymore lol I think all of us have seen our fair share of parody with this sport

Interested to see where Lucian and Sinclair go as well. Also, I think 126 gets interesting if Pratt goes down. I could see him being a tough matchup for Davis and Copes.
Pratt going 126 would load that bracket with Davis, Copes, Watkins, Pratt, Cordrey, and Baker. Seeding would all come down to how the Independent and Henlopen championships go. In my opinion, I would have Pratt and Copes winning those matches. Thoughts?

I don't think august could beat the heavyweight, in their room. The dma heavy is a big kid. That would be a challenging wrestle off. Furthermore, crock seems to be the guy. I think he's too athletic for both Taylor and August
I think August would not have an issue with Crock. If august gets on top of the heavyweights it cold be an issue for them.

Pratt going 126 would load that bracket with Davis, Copes, Watkins, Pratt, Cordrey, and Baker. Seeding would all come down to how the Independent and Henlopen championships go. In my opinion, I would have Pratt and Copes winning those matches. Thoughts?
Radecki just went 126 at Canal Classic. He could be in that mix too if he stays at 126.

126 looks like it’s gonna be a seeding mess. Davis has a victory of copes, copes has a victory over Quantez, Quantez has a victory now over Davis. Adding Pratt who lost to Quantez last year and Eddie who has 3 wins over Davis, it’s gonna be tough for the seeding when they get to March. Anyone’s game as of now.

126 looks like it’s gonna be a seeding mess. Davis has a victory of copes, copes has a victory over Quantez, Quantez has a victory now over Davis. Adding Pratt who lost to Quantez last year and Eddie who has 3 wins over Davis, it’s gonna be tough for the seeding when they get to March. Anyone’s game as of now.
I wonder if Radecki stays at 120. He was 120 all year besides the Canal Classic.

I wonder if Radecki stays at 120. He was 120 all year besides the Canal Classic.
I don't think there is any chance Radecki goes up to 126. He's chasing 5 state titles and their is a lot more guys at 126 that could prevent him from doing so. Also, I haven't seen Radecki bump up in the past to take on a challenge so I would be surprised if he made that jump.

Reactions: scw1995
For sure. I think its a testament to the Norths off-season wrestling programs. Mostly all the top dawgs up north were in the same room getting better this off-season: Lucian, Radecki, Davis, Pratt, Williams, Sinclair, Duffy, Munch, Spoor, Griffith, Miller, and Agresti. I didn't see the southern wrestlers competing in many off-season events or competing for team Delaware.

I don't think there is any chance Radecki goes up to 126. He's chasing 5 state titles and their is a lot more guys at 126 that could prevent him from doing so. Also, I haven't seen Radecki bump up in the past to take on a challenge so I would be surprised if he made that jump.
Do you know of a situation where he could've bumped up to take on a challenge and chose not to?

For sure. I think its a testament to the Norths off-season wrestling programs. Mostly all the top dawgs up north were in the same room getting better this off-season: Lucian, Radecki, Davis, Pratt, Williams, Sinclair, Duffy, Munch, Spoor, Griffith, Miller, and Agresti. I didn't see the southern wrestlers competing in many off-season events or competing for team Delaware.
Where were they training together this off season?

Wow! Indy conference really took over this year. I never would have predicted that Tower Hill would have 3 state finalists and 2 state champs! Very impressive season for that program!

State Champs
Indy 10
Henlopen 4
Blue Hen 0

Finalist
Indy 17
Henlopen 10
Blue Hen 1

Lot of those kids graduated. See who gets to work in off season.
Going to be interesting to see where some of the younger guys at Tower Hill and Red Lion land next year. I heard Bellarin from RL might be going back to Maryland and I would be surprised if the younger Lucian stays at Tower Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT