ADVERTISEMENT

Nicest facility

Polytech may have the nicest field downstate wise. As far as facilities goes that belongs to Cape or Dover. Cape school district is just nice all around. Dover with the all new facilities this year makes it difficult. Sussex Tech also has a nice field not better then any of the three mentioned already though.

Caravel Academy best field and facilities. Better than some college fields. Worst field goes to Appo. Outfield fence is so far foul poles are inside the field. And it takes ten minutes to walk to from the parking lot. Appo players come to Middletown to practice off season.

I agree that Caravel has the best park, and they play most of their home games after 5pm, which makes it much easier for us baseball fanatics to catch a game.
DMA and Conrad will play one game at Wilson Field in New Castle, which is a beautiful D2 facility.
Also, quite a few teams will play a game or two at Frawley Stadium, which is a real treat for the players and fans.

Honestly, I hated playing at Frawley. It was some years ago, but at the time the field sucked. The mound was awful, the field itself I believe was in the middle of being worked on so the surface wasn't very forgiving. It looked nice, but that was about it.

My son (infielder) played at both Caravel and Frawley. He said Caravel's field was far superior. Seating is much better at Frawley though.

8YAZ...good to see you posting.

My son would concur with your son's opinion. He said Frawley was a cool experience, especially the first time...but Caravel was his favorite Delaware field to play on.

Good luck to your Newark team this season.

I like Caravel's field, feel like the dugouts are a bit much for high school. My favorite field to play on was Polytech's, however, their mound is a disaster. Not sure who designed it but it's very.....original to put it nicely. Plus we cleaned up each trip I made to Poly when I played.

Cape now has a entire Bermuda field and finally showing some baseball love with building a covered batting cage area.

I like Caravel's field, feel like the dugouts are a bit much for high school. My favorite field to play on was Polytech's, however, their mound is a disaster. Not sure who designed it but it's very.....original to put it nicely. Plus we cleaned up each trip I made to Poly when I played.
"Cleaned up" as in won handily or as in picked up trash and debris? :)

Went to Dover today...It's a beautiful school and complex. The baseball field is excellent for a Delaware high school. The sod is not perfect but I'm sure it will get better with time. The baselines are grass like SATB. The stands are great and they even have a press box. The bad...Getting to and from the school is a hike. Not bad for spectators or the visiting team as there's a parking lot right behind the field. The only other negative I would say is the alignment of the field. The sun is directly in the fielders eyes. Routine fly balls and pop ups were anything but routine. On a dropped third strike the catcher threw to first and the 1st baseman didn't see the ball at all. Infielders would shield the sun with their gloves. Overall very impressed.

Went to Caravel Friday night. They have installed new stands since the last time I was there. Much roomier! Nice upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT