ADVERTISEMENT

Pitch count

https://www.etsy.com/listing/591933...MIldyLmM2U4gIVkVANCh2lAgtfEAQYAiABEgKK2fD_BwE

"You still wear your letterman jacket??"

This Letterman jacket thing Is strange. Paying $400 dollars for a jacket worn by David Letterman is crazy. I guess fans get carried away.

I have a friend that paid $1200 for a suit worn by Teddy Pendergrass during one of his concerts. He got it at a men's unique fashion shop on Germantown Avenue. Bummy has a visit to this place on his bucket list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Ah yes, soccer07 wiping his face with my crying towel as he puts himself back together after throwing a temper tantrum and calling someone who thinks differently than him an “idiot”

How did kids survive before pitch counts?? How was college baseball even a thing?? And pro ball.. pro ball?!?! Little billy had to have 6 tommy John surgeries before he could drive..

“Some dads want to watch their sons play in college” is an all time statement. Maybe if those dads didn’t have poor little billy breaking off hammer time curve balls & sliders at the local little league to win a Wednesday afternoon athletics vs Indians 11-12 year old game.. all the poor little Billy’s who had Tommy John surgery in HS wouldn’t be as much of a factor..

These guys probably have their kids throwing weighted balls when they’re throwing in rubber spikes.. but big bad HS coach.. he’s the real idiot!

Spare me..stick to soccer..
Bruh your kidding me right even in the MLB it is rare for a pitcher to go over 120 pitches a pro player. This is high school baseball, no need to go destroying arms before they can get to the next level

Ah yes, soccer07 wiping his face with my crying towel as he puts himself back together after throwing a temper tantrum and calling someone who thinks differently than him an “idiot”

How did kids survive before pitch counts?? How was college baseball even a thing?? And pro ball.. pro ball?!?! Little billy had to have 6 tommy John surgeries before he could drive..

“Some dads want to watch their sons play in college” is an all time statement. Maybe if those dads didn’t have poor little billy breaking off hammer time curve balls & sliders at the local little league to win a Wednesday afternoon athletics vs Indians 11-12 year old game.. all the poor little Billy’s who had Tommy John surgery in HS wouldn’t be as much of a factor..

These guys probably have their kids throwing weighted balls when they’re throwing in rubber spikes.. but big bad HS coach.. he’s the real idiot!

Spare me..stick to soccer..
Kids didn’t specialize and play for two and three teams through 8/9 months. Different world.
I spare you...

Anyone know where the sussex tech coach decided to go on vacation out of the country mid season? That's the real question.

The pitch count rule is in place to protect the teen age athlete. The adult coach knows exactly exactly how many pitches his number one pitcher can throw. If he doesn't , should not be coaching. But in this case, as most cases, the Sussex Tech coach did know, and so did the rest of the staff, team, and most parents. And probably, nearly as important, the opposing coach knows, or should know, the pitchers of the opposing team and pitch counts. Any coach in a game that does not know this and track it, is irresponsible, or lying.

I get what your saying. I'm just going off the total allowable on the 2nd day, 96. You think it may be a drop dead 96? Maybe. Makes the violation and DQ that much more clear.
Yes, if the "finish the batter" rule applied to 205, I would expect the rule to be written:
"A maximum of 205 pitches may be thrown in a 7 day period. The pitcher may finish the batter if the 205 pitch count is reached during the at bat."
It isn't. It only includes the first sentence.

Yes, if the "finish the batter" rule applied to 205, I would expect the rule to be written:
"A maximum of 205 pitches may be thrown in a 7 day period. The pitcher may finish the batter if the 205 pitch count is reached during the at bat."
It isn't. It only includes the first sentence.
DIAA...do you expect anything to be thought out....

The changeup that Tommy John threw was the pitch that caused the rupture in his ulnar collateral ligament, but it was not the only thing that caused the issue. Single pitches do not rupture ligaments and cause elbow injuries and Tommy John surgery – the UCL is torn microscopically over time in a flawed pitching delivery.

Not disagreeing with anyone just adding to the TJ discussion.....Tearing your UCL doesn't ONLY come from pitching and doesn't ONLY happen because of a flawed pitching delivery. Kids are needing TJ more today than ever before due to excess throwing and over use of the arm. And it definitely isn't just pitchers having the surgery. There are shortstops and third baseman having this surgery.

Last edited:
Reactions: vipers baseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT