ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Seedings

Chill44

Good all around Player
Jul 15, 2012
It’s never too early to talk playoffs!!!!

Which teams are most likely to earn a top 8 seed with the remaining schedule....

Dover, Sanford, St. George’s, CR, Salllies, Glasgow, Caravel and Mt. P

Tech needs to beat CR and or Sallies and not slip up vs Smyrna or Cape (both are capable of an upset) to earn one of those 4 spots. They could also get a spot with some help.

Reactions: Chill44
Dover 14-0

Mount 11-2

Archmere 10-2

Lake 10-2

Sanford 8-2

Glasgow 11-3

CR 10-3

Milford 9-3

Newark 9-3

Saint marks 8-3

Woodbridge 6-3

Middletown 6-3

Sallies 7-4

Sussex Tech 8-5

St.Gs 9-6

Caravel 6-4

Here is our updated boys seeds if the tournament started today
1) Sanford
2) Dover
3) Glasgow
4) CR
5) Sallies
6) Caravel
7) Tower Hill
8) Milford
9) Lake Forest
10) Woodbridge
11) Appoquinimink
12) St Mark's
13) Mount Pleasant
14) Newark
15) Archmere
16) William Penn
17) St Georges Tech
18) St Andrew's
19) Sussex Tech
20) AI DuPont
21) Delmar
22) Delmarva Christian
23) Newark Charter
24) Cape Henlopen
25) Delcastle
26) Middletown
27) Christiana
28) Friend's
29) Dickerson
30) St Elizabeth's

Agree or Disagree?

Tower Hill is nowhere near the #7 team in DE but w/ that 9-4 record & getting bonus points for all 4 losses they will get a good seed using the point system. Looks like they’re getting the +2 off of St. Andrew’s (10-3), Sanford (11-3) & Archmere (11-4) for their 3 DE losses alone as of today. They working that point system...Independent Conference getting at least 3 teams in this year.

We all know that piont system been a fraud for years... Lol.. They don't have no clue to fix it..
To be honest with you I’m not sure how you can fix it. It is pretty clear & consistent every year so hard to argue the end results when you know how the system works. If you leave it up to a panel like the NCAA then you are gonna have even more drama & complaints of favoritism towards certain teams.

Last edited:
I can guarantee that absolutely none of y'all have seen Tower Hill, this year or last years 13-7 team. Stick around

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Jules1127
I can guarantee that absolutely none of y'all have seen Tower Hill, this year or last years 13-7 team. Stick around
I'm not sure how you can guarantee what a number of other people have saw but OK. Should we be sticking around to see them surprise some people and make a little run because you are saying that they are better than expected, or are we sticking around to see them not be competitive...I'm not sure where you were going with that one? That last year's 13-7 team failed to make the tournament, 13-7 or 14-6 this year would get them in.

I made that statement because NO ONE with basketball knowledge would be making those statements if they had actually seen the team. COMMON SENSE!! 13-7 last year with 2 frosh and two sophmores. Return 8 of their top 9 from last years team. And this year, only one senior in the top 8 rotation. So be prepared to see them again next year too.

Reactions: Patcomic and jvm3
I made that statement because NO ONE with basketball knowledge would be making those statements if they had actually seen the team. COMMON SENSE!! 13-7 last year with 2 frosh and two sophmores. Return 8 of their top 9 from last years team. And this year, only one senior in the top 8 rotation. So be prepared to see them again next year too.
Sooo because someone doesn’t believe
that Tower Hill is the #7 team in DE they have no knowledge of basketball huh...smh. I think the reason why people aren’t believers is because they simply don’t play anyone or any public schools that are any good which is why even at 13-7 they didn’t make the tournament last year. Their biggest win to date this year is St. Andrew’s & that is their only win against a team over .500. I look forward to seeing them in the tournament if they can finish strong & get there.

Sooo because someone doesn’t believe
that Tower Hill is the #7 team in DE they have no knowledge of basketball huh...smh. I think the reason why people aren’t believers is because they simply don’t play anyone or any public schools that are any good which is why even at 13-7 they didn’t make the tournament last year. Their biggest win to date this year is St. Andrew’s & that is their only win against a team over .500. I look forward to seeing them in the tournament if they can finish strong & get there.
And for the record, there's a lot of teams high on that list with 0 wins against any real competition, stealing points by getting their brains beat in every other night.

Reactions: J12 and 84rider
I look forward to seeing (Tower Hill) them in the tournament if they can finish strong & get there.
Why would you look forward to that? You can't be at all the games, I sure wouldn't chose theirs as the one I went to.

Reactions: J12
Why would you look forward to that? You can't be at all the games, I sure wouldn't chose theirs as the one I went to.
That was a looking forward to as in if they get in then I look forward to seeing what the results would be against the other teams in the field. But if they end up with a 1st Round matchup w/ a decent team downstate then I will attend.

To be honest with you I’m not sure how you can fix it. It is pretty clear & consistent every year so hard to argue the end results when you know how the system works. If you leave it up to a panel like the NCAA then you are gonna have even more drama & complaints of favoritism towards certain teams.
Easy fix .. Every team you play and beat that has a record under .501 only 1 piont.. Not 2 points..That will change the game definitely.. Tweek the piont system.. Not change the whole thing..

Why all the hate on Tower Hill? Delmarva Christian is the true fraud. They got beat by a Indian River and they will be sitting with a home game!!

Reactions: 84rider
looking for a quality win from Lake, Milford, Woodbridge or Delmar. Does anyone of those teams have a quality win?

Why all the hate on Tower Hill? Delmarva Christian is the true fraud. They got beat by a Indian River and they will be sitting with a home game!!
No hate here...just stating what it is. Tower Hill will have done enough to at least get a spot in the field in my opinion. I had mentioned as recently as last week that Delmarva Christian would be taking up a playoff spot from another team though...13-2 w/ those 2 losses coming to Indian River & Delmar.

Easy solution .. Every team you beat with a record below .501 you only get 1 piont not 2pionts.. Teams like Tower Hill and Demarva Christian play all those scrub teams like Sussex Academy .. They won't get 2 points only 1 piont...

Reactions: Chill44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT