ADVERTISEMENT

POY, All State

You are 100% correct.
I just disregarded @Coach_Cheez 's post and didn't think it was worth my time replying.

I mean it makes absolutely no sense! If you don’t like the kids style of play that’s your opinion. But to say he’s selfish, when I’m almost positive he has to average at least 5-6 assist a game, is just not true. In fact, I bet Hyland single handedly accounts for 90 percent of all SG’s points from scoring n assisting! All things considered (performance,impact on the team, overall record, supporting cast) Hyland is the POY, BY FAR! *in my opinion. For me it’s as simple as this. What player in DE has done more with less?

Would like to hear why looking at the box scores brown is the regular higher scorer
I'm not sure what box scores you are looking at, Brown leads Sallies in scoring sometimes but far from regularly. Him & Vaughan looks like they probably split leading the team in scoring & average around the same while Vaughan does other things as well especially on defense. You might want to check those box scores again.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
I mean it makes absolutely no sense! If you don’t like the kids style of play that’s your opinion. But to say he’s selfish, when I’m almost positive he has to average at least 5-6 assist a game, is just not true. In fact, I bet Hyland single handedly accounts for 90 percent of all SG’s points from scoring n assisting! All things considered (performance,impact on the team, overall record, supporting cast) Hyland is the POY, BY FAR! *in my opinion. For me it’s as simple as this. What player in DE has done more with less?
I like the kid Bones a lot but he’s not out shining the other players mentioned especially Ali,Ali is in the top 5 in every category points,assist,steals and rebounds and is leading his team to victories just like Bones so what are we talking about I understand Bones is your favorite but if we’re going on body of work Ali has to be front runner he just had a triple double against Sallies and everybody knows Mt. isn’t that good they can be beat any game they play

I'm not sure what box scores you are looking at, Brown leads Sallies in scoring sometimes but far from regularly. Him & Vaughan looks like they probably split leading the team in scoring & average around the same while Vaughan does other things as well especially on defense. You might want to check those box scores again.
It’s not a big deal lol.. they both do everything for the team.Guess your making me do research looks like 12/17. They’ll both be some type of all state

It’s not a big deal lol.. they both do everything for the team.Guess your making me do research looks like 12/17. They’ll both be some type of all state
I still think Caulk is the best all-around player on Sallies.
But these are their ppg stats (according to the box scores)
Brown SR - 13.6pts per game
Vaughn SR - 13.1pts per game
Caulk SO - 10.6pts per game

I like the kid Bones a lot but he’s not out shining the other players mentioned especially Ali,Ali is in the top 5 in every category points,assist,steals and rebounds and is leading his team to victories just like Bones so what are we talking about I understand Bones is your favorite but if we’re going on body of work Ali has to be front runner he just had a triple double against Sallies and everybody knows Mt. isn’t that good they can be beat any game they play

Agree to disagree. Who I’m a fan of has nothing to do with who should be POY. Ali is a really good player as well. The 2 just don’t compare to me at all. The only thing that Ali averages more than Hyland are assist. And that’s probably not by a lot. And Hyland isn’t even a PG. I’ve seen them both play several times for several years. So this isn’t a 1 year opinion I have. I mean I have seen have 50 points n close to 10 rebounds in a game multiple times! Who else is capable of that this year in DE? Not to mention that Ali getting ejected from a game last week all but cancels any chance he had at POY. I’m a fan of both players. And wish them both the best of luck on the playoffs and their college careers!

Reactions: J12
I'm not making or even asking you to do anything but you made that statement as if you already knew, and obviously you didn't. Not to mention if you watch Sallies games Brown takes a lot more shots than anyone on that team which would make Vaughan much more efficient as well if they average about the same.

Top 5 in every category...where do they even keep stats (outside of points) in every category for you to get this information for each player in the state to make that statement? I have a hard time believing he would be top 5 in rebounding in DE. St. George's isn't that good without Hyland neither & Mount Pleasant would probably beat St. George's if Hyland & Ali didn't play for their respective teams in a head-to-head matchup. Good luck to both players/teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: Diehardsportsfan
Agree to disagree. Who I’m a fan of has nothing to do with who should be POY. Ali is a really good player as well. The 2 just don’t compare to me at all. The only thing that Ali averages more than Hyland are assist. And that’s probably not by a lot. And Hyland isn’t even a PG. I’ve seen them both play several times for several years. So this isn’t a 1 year opinion I have. I mean I have seen have 50 points n close to 10 rebounds in a game multiple times! Who else is capable of that this year in DE? Not to mention that Ali getting ejected from a game last week all but cancels any chance he had at POY. I’m a fan of both players. And wish them both the best of luck on the playoffs and their college careers!
If asked to do it Ali could do it too look at the level of competition he played when he had those 50 point games and Bones was ejected once this year also do your research Ali has more assists,rebounds and steals once again do your research Ali gets his whole team involved and then takes over Bones on the other hand gets his then tries to involve the team and that’s why there 12-6 is that POY material Ali is the best pg in the state with the best IQ ask any coach in the state of Delaware he’s a pg and every team he plays against runs a box and 1 on him

If asked to do it Ali could do it too look at the level of competition he played when he had those 50 point games and Bones was ejected once this year also do your research Ali has more assists,rebounds and steals once again do your research Ali gets his whole team involved and then takes over Bones on the other hand gets his then tries to involve the team and that’s why there 12-6 is that POY material Ali is the best pg in the state with the best IQ ask any coach in the state of Delaware he’s a pg and every team he plays against runs a box and 1 on him
Check the stats for the state of Delaware Bones is only leading in scoring that doesn’t make you POY

Look, everyone has compelling arguments why either Ali or Bones will be the POY, imo either player is worthy. We shouldn’t be trying to knock one down or talk sh!t about the other. Both are very good homegrown players. I for one wouldn’t be upset if either got the title and I wouldn’t be surprised if Davis (Sanford) got it either. All very capable young men.

POY : Bones or Ali with Davis(Dover) getting a sniff

1st team all state
Bones
Ali
Clark
Davis (Sanford)
Davis (Dover)

2nd tean all state
Njoku
Allen
Brown or Vaughn (Sallies) one drops to 3rd team
Bradshaw
Ludman

3rd team all-state
Roach
Reynolds
Perkins H
Perkins C
Dantley or Efekodo

i'm sure i'm missing some really good players, help me out before you criticize, ijs

Efekodo??????????

Look, everyone has compelling arguments why either Ali or Bones will be the POY, imo either player is worthy. We shouldn’t be trying to knock one down or talk sh!t about the other. Both are very good homegrown players. I for one wouldn’t be upset if either got the title and I wouldn’t be surprised if Davis (Sanford) got it either. All very capable young men.
Great point ,agreed I’m rooting for all homegrown talent from upstate to downstate thanks 84rider for getting me back on track on what’s important rooting for all of our talent

Reactions: 84rider
Diehardsportsfan I respect your intell since I’ve gotten on this sports board you 84rider,J12 and a couple others be on point I’m not debating with you I just have a different opinion I respect all you guys opinions as well

Diehardsportsfan I respect your intell since I’ve gotten on this sports board you 84rider,J12 and a couple others be on point I’m not debating with you I just have a different opinion I respect all you guys opinions as well
Davis from Sanford will win POY.. Book it.. Watch and see... Voters was not impressed with Bones last year.. No difference this year..

Reactions: jvm3

Good point St. G doesn't have much. Hyland`s 30 and McCants 15 and 12. Not much more there!

Top 5 in every category...where do they even keep stats (outside of points) in every category for you to get this information for each player in the state to make that statement? I have a hard time believing he would be top 5 in rebounding in DE. St. George's isn't that good without Hyland neither & Mount Pleasant would probably beat St. George's if Hyland & Ali didn't play for their respective teams in a head-to-head matchup. Good luck to both players/teams in the playoffs.
Please post the stats that you’ve seen that nobody else has! Please!! And what game did Hyland get ejected from?

Reactions: jvm3
That’s what this forum is supposed to be about. Friendly debates. As long as we’re not bashing any kids, it’s all good!

Reactions: 84rider
POY : Bones or Ali with Davis(Dover) getting a sniff

1st team all state
Bones
Ali
Clark
Davis (Sanford)
Davis (Dover)

2nd tean all state
Njoku
Allen
Brown or Vaughn (Sallies) one drops to 3rd team
Bradshaw
Ludman

3rd team all-state
Roach
Reynolds
Perkins H
Perkins C
Dantley or Efekodo

i'm sure i'm missing some really good players, help me out before you criticize, ijs
It’s about basketball period good basketball not a personal favorite All those mention are good players we can’t compare in state and out of state wins and losses if that’s the case Dover should be 1st in the state we’re talking about making everybody better and having your team competing if I took 60% of the shots I would put up big numbers too what happen to defense,rebounding,assists,steals and most of all being a good teammate the things that don’t show up on the scoreboard

Good point!
And McCants doesn’t even average that. You’re being “nice”

So what do you have for his numbers?

Good point!

I don’t have the stats. But I’ve seen SG about half of their games and McCants can’t be averaging 15pts or 12reb. If I had to guess, I would say he’s an 11-12pts/ 7reb guy. Which is still solid. I could be wrong.

Watched Eden Davis from Dover last night against Cape. Struggled in terms of shooting but was able to still get 19. But the things this kid can do with the dribble and decision making was what caught my attention and his defense on ball and reading the next pass sparked Dover when they were down 10-2 early last night. Think after that performance I gotta give him the nod for 1st team

Good point!

Good point!

14 and 10.1
I don’t have the stats. But I’ve seen SG about half of their games and McCants can’t be averaging 15pts or 12reb. If I had to guess, I would say he’s an 11-12pts/ 7reb guy. Which is still solid. I could be wrong.

14 and 10 exact numbers and that`s what MaxPreps has him down as well. I was just calling off the top of my head the 15 and 12.

McCants is a very solid player. Other schools would love to have him. Yeah Bones takes alot of the heat off of him but he is a smart player and great rebounder for them.

Watched Eden Davis from Dover last night against Cape. Struggled in terms of shooting but was able to still get 19. But the things this kid can do with the dribble and decision making was what caught my attention and his defense on ball and reading the next pass sparked Dover when they were down 10-2 early last night. Think after that performance I gotta give him the nod for 1st team
So he's better than Allen? I haven't seen either of them for a full game.

Don't get me wrong. Both are very good guards and do their own things differently.
I think the better all around game goes to Davis.
But Allen is coming into his own, especially as a shooter and driver. Kid did take a big time charge last night. But some of the basics like free-throws, ball decisions.
But if you haven't seen either one of them or Dover in general play. Suggest you do they are a fun team to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT