ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for this weeks match ups?

Sals and smyrna on Saturday.
I am thinking a close one especially if smyrna is banged up. Might actually favor sals.
Cape and Central are 7 and 7. Tossups will decide.

I would have to agree with Leverage. Central- Cape will be really tight. May depend on who's healthier.

Smyrna will be back at full strength maybe that's a big maybe missing but I doubt it. Once again just a hunch? Magic 8 ball stuff ya know.

Their “recruiting system” isn’t much different from what Milford, Central, Caravel (different situation there but you get the gist) and some other teams have done in the past..it all starts In the feeder program, and continues through ms... that’s what makes great teams

Will the feeder and great middle school program sustain a "dream team" level next season after graduation? Let's face it smyrna has a team this season that is on a different level. I dont follow middle school so I dont know what they have coming up but yes I agree this year they are tough as nails

Your right building character they had a great recruiting system the last two seasons. They should win easily.
Will the feeder and great middle school program sustain a "dream team" level next season after graduation? Let's face it smyrna has a team this season that is on a different level. I dont follow middle school so I dont know what they have coming up but yes I agree this year they are tough as nails
They will probably be top 5 next year. Return gabe , joey , mullen as top guys and a few mid level guys. Without the school choice kids from this year they would be middle of the road top 10 D1 team. The MS teams are not bad the last few years. Definitely not dominant. This is without a doubt their year, then a big drop off

Reactions: ColonialGrad
Gotcha like always I'm sure smyrna will be right there in the hunt as always they never seem to have a issue reloading with studs.

Woodbridge is undefeated and has a balanced squad. A direct result of several years of good middle school coaching and big numbers going out in my opinion. A home grown program doing it the right way

Their “recruiting system” isn’t much different from what Milford, Central, Caravel (different situation there but you get the gist) and some other teams have done in the past..it all starts In the feeder program, and continues through ms... that’s what makes great teams

How does Caravel recruit similar to Smyrna? Smyrna along with a couple other southern DE schools have direct feeders to there high schools. This is not the case for Caravel.

Smyrna got 3 of the top guys from the school the coach was previously the AD at, school choice from Dover to Smyrna which is fine. One came through Laurel and 4 of the top guys came through the feeder or MS program. Caravel is a private with no sending district. Pretty sure the kids recruit each other there with a little help from coaches/boosters which is within bounds.

Last edited:
How does Caravel recruit similar to Smyrna? Smyrna along with a couple other southern DE schools have direct feeders to there high schools. This is not the case for Caravel.
The reason for the (different situation there but you get the gist)..... not saying they bend the rules just saying their studs come from other districts.

Impressed with the performance of smyrna tonight they looked amazing. Were there any other good matches today that took place?

Wow Woodbridge really looking good this year hats off to them for really wrestling well. Honestly I'm a bit surprised about the Milford vs caravel match I looked at the box scores and I know that caravel didnt have alex poore in the lineup but it looks like Milford was without 3 or 4 of their starters as well. Must have been a dogfight. Great job to Woodbridge caravel and milford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT