ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings headed into Conferences

Jan 24, 2017
27913189_1187700414700552_3474531031857405624_o.jpg
Any Early predictions for henelopen finals ?

132 Jarrod Brindza (William Penn H.S.) over Jeffrey Hewes (Delcastle H S) (Dec 14-10)
He also beat him in the Howdy Duncan Classic I believe.

Thank You for making the rankings.
Actually he lost to Hewes at Howdy Duncan Classic. They are 2-2 against each other this season. Hewes got the edge due to some common opponents. Brindza is on the bubble as is Fonicella from Dover at that weight.

Reactions: concord87
27913189_1187700414700552_3474531031857405624_o.jpg
Any Early predictions for henelopen finals ?
106 ranking is a joke I mean the Delmar kid wrestles nobody how could you possibly give that kid a number one spot proven point he loses Friday night conference. Kid did not get caught just a good old fashioned whopping from Dover kid well done Anthony Glass. You cannot go by records alone so many factors need to go into rankings. Schedule difficulty, background on kids true knowledge of talent I know Benny and he knows a lot of these kids from a young age weather they come Thru Tyrant , Hammers, Alpha dogs , Smyrna feeder, Brandywine. You know these guys and who’s who let’s get them right

Reactions: proudscfan
It is absolutely, by far the most BS, biased system I’ve ever seen. How many times have kids who have an inflated records only because they have more matches due to loses then wrestle backs get seeded higher than kids that win major tournaments yet have fewer matches. The number of wins and loses don’t mean anything, it’s who are the wins and loses against.

106 ranking is a joke I mean the Delmar kid wrestles nobody how could you possibly give that kid a number one spot proven point he loses Friday night conference. Kid did not get caught just a good old fashioned whopping from Dover kid well done Anthony Glass. You cannot go by records alone so many factors need to go into rankings. Schedule difficulty, background on kids true knowledge of talent I know Benny and he knows a lot of these kids from a young age weather they come Thru Tyrant , Hammers, Alpha dogs , Smyrna feeder, Brandywine. You know these guys and who’s who let’s get them right

There is a difference between rankings, seedings and my opinion. My opinion would be totally different then the rankings. Following the same criteria and system that college rankings go by, If #1 gets beat by #5 then #1 drops in the ranking. #2 moves up. Doesn't mean I personally agree.

There is a difference between rankings, seedings and my opinion. My opinion would be totally different then the rankings. Following the same criteria and system that college rankings go by, If #1 gets beat by #5 then #1 drops in the ranking. #2 moves up. Doesn't mean I personally agree.
This wasn’t meant to be a I told you so remar or a dig. I understand I know what you are saying watching FLOWrestling it seems like they do there rankings a little less traditional so to speak. It is a little more opinion of a knowledgeable rankings person. I just think the knowledge you have of these kids you should show more opinion in your making these decisions. I wasnt trying to offend anyone. I don’t have a dog in the fight. 302 does a great job thanks for all you do. I’m going to be at blue hens today best of luck to all Delaware wrestlers today.

20/20'hindsight. Easy to say now after Isaac lost. You'd have sounded smarter had you said this before 7:30 tonight.
This was not myself making a I told you so statement but at the same time It’s not hard to see the most talented kids in this weight class.

Guys these rankings literally have zero affect on anything. They don't have any impact on seeding at conferences or states. They are for fun, do I agree with all the rankings, no. But I appreciate the time they put in to make them and it creates some fun debates. Don't get your panties up in a bunch.

You guys are all uptight about 1 kid at 1 weight class. Chill out. Also need to realize upsets happen. Maybe he got caught looking ahead? Oneal pinned the kid he lost to last year in the conference tournament O'Neal was a 4th place conference finisher last year behind Rayne, Primo and Saffold all of which moved up in weight. Saffold not wrestling. O'Neal is also a senior so maybe a little weight added there as well as possibly thowing some love to the small school downstate. Delmar did not participate in the Milford Invitational at the start of the season where he would have run into Glass, wisniewski, and others as they started their own event. Let's see what happens in day 2!

Reactions: myrealname
I see Latch winning 138 at states.
Brooks winning @152.
Wuest winning @195.
Schneider winning @170.

106 is up for grabs weight class. All of the wrestlers have beaten one another. There are about 8 wrestlers in that weight class who can become a state champ. Whoever brings it that day, will.obviiusly be at the top of the podium. My wrestler for instance, has not gotten any credit what so ever all year, but knows these ranking don't mean anything and all that matters is who stands on the podium at the end of the season. He hasn't been on the rankings all year and yet, wrestled to his ability at conferences, and beat both Concord 106 and Middletown 106 whom both were ranked number 2 and number 4 at one point.

The point is i know rankings are something I would not want to come up with. It takes massive amount of time and research and your going to get crap one way or another. The rankings are more so for the wrestlers themselves then they are for anything else.

And like Sals11said, these rankings mean absolutely 0 in seeding criteria etc. Trackwrestling has literally EVERYTHING so the committee's and coaches can make a proper decision.

Reactions: wtc76
And part of the reason my wrestler did not get any credit because we are flight B and we do wrestle duel meets and tournaments that are not as competitive. But just because you wrestle a weaker schedule does not make you a weaker wrestler.

106 is up for grabs weight class. All of the wrestlers have beaten one another. There are about 8 wrestlers in that weight class who can become a state champ. Whoever brings it that day, will.obviiusly be at the top of the podium. My wrestler for instance, has not gotten any credit what so ever all year, but knows these ranking don't mean anything and all that matters is who stands on the podium at the end of the season. He hasn't been on the rankings all year and yet, wrestled to his ability at conferences, and beat both Concord 106 and Middletown 106 whom both were ranked number 2 and number 4 at one point.

The point is i know rankings are something I would not want to come up with. It takes massive amount of time and research and your going to get crap one way or another. The rankings are more so for the wrestlers themselves then they are for anything else.

And like Sals11said, these rankings mean absolutely 0 in seeding criteria etc. Trackwrestling has literally EVERYTHING so the committee's and coaches can make a proper decision.
Natarcola is gonna run through 106

Reactions: 1st takedown
And part of the reason my wrestler did not get any credit because we are flight B and we do wrestle duel meets and tournaments that are not as competitive. But just because you wrestle a weaker schedule does not make you a weaker wrestler.
If your talking about the wrestler i think you are, he's on Natarcola's side of the bracket and Natarcola is on a tear right now. I don't see anyone stopping him if he keeps this pace up. He's responded really well to that one rough week he had.

Reactions: sportsguy725
I'm not on here to talk crap. I'm on here to say how these rankings are difficult to do and are appreciated. And the example I was using was how at 106, all of the wrestlers ranked have beaten one another and how difficult it is to rank them since they all have wrestled with one another and split or lost. No talk matters in this sport, and no rankings matters in this sport, only action.

I'm not on here to talk crap. I'm on here to say how these rankings are difficult to do and are appreciated. And the example I was using was how at 106, all of the wrestlers ranked have beaten one another and how difficult it is to rank them since they all have wrestled with one another and split or lost. No talk matters in this sport, and no rankings matters in this sport, only action.
Gotcha, ya people take these rankings too seriously. It's all fun, if rankings determined everything there would be no point in wrestling.

Your kid had a great tournament. The reason he wasn't ranked was because he was 113 all year except for a few matches. Maybe we will get a chance at redemption Saturday for a place! Good luck and see you guys Friday!

Thanks Mike. I just wanted to say how I know the kids appreciate the rankings and how difficult they are to so and how time consuming it is to do. Especially when all the wrestlers in a particular weight class have all beaten one another!

Reactions: concord87
If your talking about the wrestler i think you are, he's on Natarcola's side of the bracket and Natarcola is on a tear right now. I don't see anyone stopping him if he keeps this pace up. He's responded really well to that one rough week he had.
If we are talking about Zaire King Natarcola beat him in Summer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT