ADVERTISEMENT

Sals - St E

BriggsBeall

moving up to Varsity
Dec 21, 2011
A sellout crowd got to watch a pretty bad game. Neither team played well. The officiating was awful with St E getting the benefit of most of the bad calls. Sals didn't attempt one free throw. Not to say St E isn't the better team but wow.

One thing for the Sals - they have to find a way to get Ingraham more touches. Even when he misses he usually gets his own rebound and a pretty easy follow.

Reactions: Simmonj4618
A sellout crowd got to watch a pretty bad game. Neither team played well. The officiating was awful with St E getting the benefit of most of the bad calls. Sals didn't attempt one free throw. Not to say St E isn't the better team but wow.

One thing for the Sals - they have to find a way to get Ingraham more touches. Even when he misses he usually gets his own rebound and a pretty easy follow.
Wat was score...

You sound like a diehard Sallies fan blaming the officiating for sallies loss. Neither team played to their potential last night to be ranked in the top 10 but sallies was out hustled and out coached on both ends of the floor last night. Its still early in the season for both teams to gel as a unit. I do agree with you as far as ingraham needing more touches. I I can see both teams pulling upsets come tourney time

I can honestly say I can't recall a basketball game at any level where one team did not get a single point from the free throw line.

I have seen Briggs in every gym in the state. He is an old guy but his analysis is usually solid. One question: how can a team that is supposed to be decent be held to 36 points. Was the low scoring tempo driven or are both teams bottom feeders?

Bummy doesn't do City Basketball ratings because I don't know a lot about basketball.

You sound like a diehard Sallies fan blaming the officiating for sallies loss. Neither team played to their potential last night to be ranked in the top 10 but sallies was out hustled and out coached on both ends of the floor last night. Its still early in the season for both teams to gel as a unit. I do agree with you as far as ingraham needing more touches. I I can see both teams pulling upsets come tourney time

1994 is correct, Sals in particular didn't play to potential. Too many subs. Officials were terribly but can't blame loss on them. St Es did a good job keeping the pace of play slow, and moving ball to get better shots. Both teams with too many turnovers. Sloppy game!

So you sound like a St E fan based on your short sighted review of this fans post.

It's clear that you jumped to conclusions but based on what you have written it seems like your approach.

Ingraham had one foul in the first half, yet he spent much of the second quarter on the bench. He may have had 10 offensive rebounds. I don't know why he wasn't on the floor more. I can't figure out Sallies' substitution patterns, and I've seen them 3 times now. They didn't shoot any free throws because they really didn't earn them.

Not a St E fan just a fan of the game of basketball. I watch alot of delaware high school basketball games I am bashing anyones post on here i just call it how i see it. As i said before both teams played below their potential friday night. Its still early in the season other than mount this season is still wide open

It appears Sallies coach was better when he had O'Neill and Donte. Just sayin..
Yea but when he let Ali go.. He Lost alot.. Ali knows how to get Ingram the ball ..like he is getting Kramer the ball... I said when i saw Sallies.. That team guards..simply aint good.. Period thats the big problem....

Yea but when he let Ali go.. He Lost alot.. Ali knows how to get Ingram the ball ..like he is getting Kramer the ball... I said when i saw Sallies.. That team guards..simply aint good.. Period thats the big problem....

BINGO!!!! YOU ARE 100% correct. Their guard play is their ONLY problem because they have the size. Not only losing Ali but losing Alderman as well.

St. E's new coach Rubincam has definitely installed discipline in that program. Their defense, shot selection, and energy is definitely alot better then it has been in prior years. It would've be interesting to see Cropper play with this group.

BINGO!!!! YOU ARE 100% correct. Their guard play is their ONLY problem because they have the size. Not only losing Ali but losing Alderman as well.

St. E's new coach Rubincam has definitely installed discipline in that program. Their defense, shot selection, and energy is definitely alot better then it has been in prior years. It would've be interesting to see Cropper play with this group.
To me thats the reason why they wont win a title this year. Cropper would of put them on top..

Reactions: onejeron

It appears he wanted the young the guys (Ali, Alderman) to wait their turn, when in actuality there was no reason for them to have to do so.... Now they are both leading their new teams and doing an exemplary job.

It appears he wanted the young the guys (Ali, Alderman) to wait their turn, when in actuality there was no reason for them to have to do so.... Now they are both leading their new teams and doing an exemplary job.
Bad decision.. If you can play and good at runing a team.. Aint no just wait your turn .... Now because of there guard play.. They going no where....

To me thats the reason why they wont win a title this year. Cropper would of put them on top..

Yeah but I still think they will be one of the teams at The Bob. They didn't turn the ball over alot and they rebounded the ball pretty well. Usually good rebounding along with a low amount of turnovers will give a team like St. E's enough possessions to win ball games.

No matter how much people CLAIM that Sallies has changed they still do things like this that make you scratch your head and make you think that they haven't changed with the times....they just do a better job now of covering up the fact that they haven't changed with the times.

My question is "Why isn't Max Ferrante playing?" When I seen him at WC last year he looked better then a few of the guards I seen Sallies using Friday night. Quite frankly I seen a few guards on Sallies JV squad that I was more impressed with.

Reactions: pitt8179
It appears Sallies coach was better when he had O'Neill and Donte. Just sayin..

No doubt. Red Auerbach retired the year before Bill Russell did and Red was only in his late 40's. Smart move by Red.

Salesianum had the 2 best players in their program's history on the team that won their first title.
The following year they won the title and they were 10-10. Some people thought it was Hoosiers like but how does a team capable of winning 4 in a row against very good teams play only .500 ball in the regular season?
That is a mystery to Bummy.

I don't know about the 2 kids who left the program after 9th grade. Maybe they were not good fits for the clone factory. Did they play a lot as Freshmen? I only saw the Salesianum game last year (WM Penn) and thought the team was real green but it was an early season game.

What teams would you suggest I see this year. I have only seen the Wilm Christian-DMA game so far. They didn't charge to get in. It was worth the price of admission.

Some things happened for a reason with cropper not playing. From the word going around he would of ruined the chemistry of the team like he did last season. He didnt go out because he knew the new staff wouldn't put up with his tactics. Let be honest. The team is better off without him. It isn't always what the kid can do athletically to help a team if his attitude ruins it behind the scene. Rubincam is getting his team better game by game. He has a lot of work to do. It's not goin to happen just like that. It's called a process. St e will be fine. La Salle college who St e played last week would win Delaware states by 30 points against whoever. They were that good.

Reactions: Patcomic
Salesianum had the 2 best players in their program's history on the team that won their first title.
The following year they won the title and they were 10-10. Some people thought it was Hoosiers like but how does a team capable of winning 4 in a row against very good teams play only .500 ball in the regular season?
That is a mystery to Bummy.
That team nearly fell apart midseason. After the championship game, several players and coach Haley talked about all the problems they were having with each other, with the coaches, with life, etc. They didn't get specific, but it sounded like a whole bunch of frustration. They had a meeting to hammer out all their differences, at least enough to get through the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT