ADVERTISEMENT

Sanford's Weak Schedule and its Effect on the Tournament

Jun 2, 2019
Sanford has a cake walk for a schedule this year. Hardest team on there is a weak Archmere team that lost its 2 best players who carried them to the semis last year.

I believe Sanford will get the 1 seed leaving what I believe will be Cape, Sallies, and either CR or APPO. In all likelihood, Cape and Sallies will scoop the 2 and 3 seed unless something weird happens like a weird out of state or even in state loss from either team. So it will come down to Cape Sallies and Sanford APPO/CR. I think Whichever team is facing Sanford will beat them and advance to the finals, whether that is APPO or CR. That Cape sallies game is one that is impossible to call now because we just haven't seen enough as those two teams but we will be able to make the distinction as to which team will win after their regular season match up hopefully.

Reactions: dellylax
Sanford has a cake walk for a schedule this year. Hardest team on there is a weak Archmere team that lost its 2 best players who carried them to the semis last year.

I believe Sanford will get the 1 seed leaving what I believe will be Cape, Sallies, and either CR or APPO. In all likelihood, Cape and Sallies will scoop the 2 and 3 seed unless something weird happens like a weird out of state or even in state loss from either team. So it will come down to Cape Sallies and Sanford APPO/CR. I think Whichever team is facing Sanford will beat them and advance to the finals, whether that is APPO or CR. That Cape sallies game is one that is impossible to call now because we just haven't seen enough as those two teams but we will be able to make the distinction as to which team will win after their regular season match up hopefully.
Its impossible to know how it will play out now, but they play CR, Tower Hill 2x, Tatnal 2x. Any of those could be losses. Smyrna and Milford will be interesting, as well. Even if they go 13-2 or 14-1, they may not have enough points for #1. Last year they won 13 and seeded 4. Sallies out of state schedule always makes them an unknown. They can seed anywhere from 1-6.

I believe Cape and Sals will get the 1st or 2nd seeds, but if either have several losses, this is completely possible. An anomaly like this could cause for a very lackluster championship.

I think we are all in agreement if sals loses in the quarters will be best for everyone

Why would Sals losing in the quarters be best for everyone? And why do you "think" everyone is in agreement. No one else in this thread has even hinted that Sals losing would be "good for everyone". Leverage1991 has always been a Sallies hater. Who cares what you think? Sals plays a very competitive national schedule and this thread is about Sanford's weak schedule and it's effect on the tournament. Sounds like you just want a cake walk through the tournament for your beloved team. Your sad!

El toro is totally right, Sanford has the possibility of losing to tat all or CR, i don’t know about tower bill though. I’m sure sallies and cape will be put as 1 and 2 based on their game during the season, and it’ll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Sals boys and Cape girls are the top programs in De. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. No crying or complaining and definitely no excuses. Cape is building a grass roots program that is phenomenal. Just like Sallies, if you are a young player or participate in the feeder program down south you will go to Cape. If you want to compete it starts with the youth in and around your community. If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

That's why i feel Milford and smyrna are the sleeping giants. Its their time

Milford as sleeping giant is an understatement. They put up more goals on sals in the first round of the state tournament than other highly regarded in-state teams such as Tower and CR last year. If anyone’s knocking Sals out early, it’s the Mil. (If not the auks of course)

Just looked up the Sals/Milford first round playoff game from last year. Sals was winning 10-1 at the end of the 1st Qtr, then the score was 16-3 at halftime. I'm sure Sals put backups in the second half (if not in the first half) to protect their players and final score ended up 20-8. Nothing about Milford's performance in the first round of the playoffs suggests they are a "sleeping giant". Maybe they are better this year, but check the facts as a 16-3 first half performance suggests they got beat pretty bad.

Why would Sals losing in the quarters be best for everyone? And why do you "think" everyone is in agreement. No one else in this thread has even hinted that Sals losing would be "good for everyone". Leverage1991 has always been a Sallies hater. Who cares what you think? Sals plays a very competitive national schedule and this thread is about Sanford's weak schedule and it's effect on the tournament. Sounds like you just want a cake walk through the tournament for your beloved team. Your sad!
Look man. Sals losing at any time would be the best thing to happen to DE lax. Bunch of recruited tri state mamas boys. When ur on top everyone hates but especially when u do it the wrong way. What other team does what Sallies does in DE and recruits all out of state players. Tell them if they wanna get players from all around then go independent and don’t mess up the fact that some other teams have been doing it right but are undercut by sallies lack of respect for the game and their desire to tear up a weak state with all D1 players. Not truly a Cape fan to say the least but loved seeing Sallies lose because of how Cape does it right and Sallies doesn’t.

"Look man"? You're such a CLOWN! Sals doesn't recruit, they get players from surrounding areas like Avongrove PA. To answer your question, Tower Hill, Archmere, Tatnall, etc...they all get kids from PA and NJ. Sanford is doing their best to attract all of the MD kids from Wolfpack and other club teams so they are no different (even their coach is out of state). Probably 20% at most of Sals players are out of state. Same for those other teams I mentioned. You too are a hater of a team that is competitive each and every year. Maybe it's the fact that these kids play some of the best teams in the country every year and work hard to get better, so they are well prepared when it comes time for the playoffs, unlike a Sanford that puts a together a schedule that is weaker than any other DE team. So for you to say Sals is doing it the wrong way and that they are mamas boys just shows your immaturity and that you too are a hater. Another person just looking for an easy path to a championship for their team. Many private schools in DE, just happens that most of them aren't competitive. Not wasting my time with your comments any more.

"Look man"? You're such a CLOWN! Sals doesn't recruit, they get players from surrounding areas like Avongrove PA. To answer your question, Tower Hill, Archmere, Tatnall, etc...they all get kids from PA and NJ. Sanford is doing their best to attract all of the MD kids from Wolfpack and other club teams so they are no different (even their coach is out of state). Probably 20% at most of Sals players are out of state. Same for those other teams I mentioned. You too are a hater of a team that is competitive each and every year. Maybe it's the fact that these kids play some of the best teams in the country every year and work hard to get better, so they are well prepared when it comes time for the playoffs, unlike a Sanford that puts a together a schedule that is weaker than any other DE team. So for you to say Sals is doing it the wrong way and that they are mamas boys just shows your immaturity and that you too are a hater. Another person just looking for an easy path to a championship for their team. Many private schools in DE, just happens that most of them aren't competitive. Not wasting my time with your comments any more.
What I do not understand is why you are so upset. My kids don't get this upset so why are you acting like a child. Can't we all be grown ups and have a civil discussion. Seems to me like you are a sallies supporter and/or alumni and/or current player and your bias shows. To say 20% of Sallies players are out of state is a major understatement. I would go more on the side of 85%-90% of the players are from PA, MD, NJ. It is naive to say anything else as they have a boarding program so students can come from other states to play at Sals. What they are doing is not right and to not see this shows you're bias. P.S. Name-calling is for elementary students and lower, please leave it to them "clown"

What I do not understand is why you are so upset. My kids don't get this upset so why are you acting like a child. Can't we all be grown ups and have a civil discussion. Seems to me like you are a sallies supporter and/or alumni and/or current player and your bias shows. To say 20% of Sallies players are out of state is a major understatement. I would go more on the side of 85%-90% of the players are from PA, MD, NJ. It is naive to say anything else as they have a boarding program so students can come from other states to play at Sals. What they are doing is not right and to not see this shows you're bias. P.S. Name-calling is for elementary students and lower, please leave it to them "clown"
Well said . We are all in agreement once again

I see that you called the Sals players "mamas boys". Is that considered name-calling? 85% - 90% of Sals players are out of state? You have NO IDEA of what you are talking about. Not ONE Sals lacrosse player is on a boarding program...so again, you are stating things in this post that are simply made up by you. Milford game w/ Sals last year was close? Again, completely false and I showed this by the halftime score of 16-3. You are just a Sallies hater and that is a fact. I am not a Sals supporter, just a fan of good lacrosse in Delaware. You however are a hater of a program that works hard at getting better and puts together a tough schedule to test themselves. Your previous posts just show your lack of maturity and your lies about programs you know NOTHING about.

I see that you called the Sals players "mamas boys". Is that considered name-calling? 85% - 90% of Sals players are out of state? You have NO IDEA of what you are talking about. Not ONE Sals lacrosse player is on a boarding program...so again, you are stating things in this post that are simply made up by you. Milford game w/ Sals last year was close? Again, completely false and I showed this by the halftime score of 16-3. You are just a Sallies hater and that is a fact. I am not a Sals supporter, just a fan of good lacrosse in Delaware. You however are a hater of a program that works hard at getting better and puts together a tough schedule to test themselves. Your previous posts just show your lack of maturity and your lies about programs you know NOTHING about.
If your a supporter of good lacrosse in Delaware you should like Appo. At least they are from Delaware not the Tri State area. Just my observation dont shoot the messenger

Sounds like Sals and Cape have raised the bar, everyone else is crying they can't reach that far!
Sals tuition of 15K is cheaper than the 25K for Archmere and the 30K for Tower Hill. That gives them a wider range of student athletes to accommodate.
Cape has embraced the sport of lacrosse like no other community. It shows year after year.
There are a handful of good teams, the rest have good players with MAJOR holes in their starting lineups which makes them non-competitive come playoff time.
I would love to see another school win the state championship besides Cape and Sals, don't see it happening anytime soon.

Reactions: delawarenole

I have to call BS on the boarding program...well that and pretty much everything else this poster said.. SMH

You are pretty naive if you don't think Cape has choice kids in for Lax. Boys and girls.. Just like Smyrna does for wresting or any other public, tech or private that has a good program that attracts ballers... Private schools that are near borders always attract kids from neighboring states but those kids typically live within 35-40 minutes of the school... Caravel and St Marks gets plenty of PA and MD kids also but again they are within a radius of 30 miles from the school.. Is what it is..

Sals haters better get used to it.. With the new stadium and the huge influx of funds available for financial aide its only gonna get worse lol

Last edited:
Sals tuition of 15K is cheaper than the 25K for Archmere and the 30K for Tower Hill. That gives them a wider range of student athletes to accommodate.

just fyi.. expect this to get bumped to over 2mil with the Abessino money in play

Tuition
Tuition for the 2019-20 school year is $16,500. Salesianum offers merit-based academic scholarships totaling more than $600,000 and need-based grants financial aid totaling more than $1.5 million.

You are pretty naive if you don't think Cape has choice kids in for Lax. Boys and girls.. Just like Smyrna does for wresting or any other public, tech or private that has a good program that attracts ballers... Private schools that are near borders always attract kids from neighboring states but those kids typically live within 35-40 minutes of the school... Caravel and St Marks gets plenty of PA and MD kids also but again they are within a radius of 30 miles from the school.. Is what it is..

Sals haters better get used to it.. With the new stadium and the huge influx of funds available for financial aide its only gonna get worse lol
Cape doesn't accept school choice. They have not in 20 years. Better pony up 500k for a house if ya wanna play there. Milford and Smyrna way more affordable!!!

Last edited:

I wouldn’t say its not right, reality is a LARGE portion of kids that go to Salesianum are from those regions not just sports players. I would say over %50 of the school is out of state. If it was say %5 OOS but the team has %75 OOS that would be different.

Now probably half of the players do come from instate but lets be honest most of them, just like a majority of DE instate players play low end travel like Rec or 302. Most of Sals good players play HHH, Freedom, Mesa, etc that are on an entire different level then DE clubs.

The point is the team actually reflects the overall student population but those OOS are largely just better at lacrosse

Reactions: Leverage1991
I have to call BS on the boarding program...well that and pretty much everything else this poster said.. SMH

Nope no kids boarding there. Reality is they are good at lacrosse but SE PA is and to be honest its closer and a lot cheaper for many of those kids then Malvern, Haverford, etc. Sallies is a very attractive option for kids one from of the best lacrosse hotbeds in the country.

Really that simple

You have to move

You have to live in the district. No school choice in. You can apply.

dead wrong..they can't turn choice applicants away unless they are at capacity (or the child had behavior issues documented).. which I don't think they are at capacity?

Last edited:
Speaking of rumors bnb. Heard ca losing 3 top wrestlers to transfer . Academic load is word. No names

Speaking of rumors bnb. Heard ca losing 3 top wrestlers to transfer . Academic load is word. No names

I wouldn't know but that does happen...particularly after 9th grade.. the jump from 8th to 9th is tough there.. 9th and 11th grade are the hardest (according to my sons and others)

Reactions: Leverage1991
The Dennis brothers do in fact live down by Cape year round so that was a false assumption. The things that Sallies does and the way their kids act is disgusting. Many of those kids are not the best people in the world and they were brought to salesianum for the purpose of lacrosse. Falconetti kid is one kid I do genuinely like. Kid tried to get into Poly Tech but their terrible lottery like system rejected him and another player so he was somewhat forced to Sallies. Many other players choice in and ruin the integrity of the sport. I would say more people would root for any other school in Delaware than Sallies but that’s just my opinion. The instate kids from Salesianum are pretty much there to balance numbers almost as they get little to no playing time and it is pretty much a Delaware team versus a tri state team for the DELAWARE state championship. I would like someone to address why they are not playing an Independent schedule so they don’t have to play teams like Milford and other teams well below their level.

The Dennis brothers do in fact live down by Cape year round so that was a false assumption. The things that Sallies does and the way their kids act is disgusting. Many of those kids are not the best people in the world and they were brought to salesianum for the purpose of lacrosse. Falconetti kid is one kid I do genuinely like. Kid tried to get into Poly Tech but their terrible lottery like system rejected him and another player so he was somewhat forced to Sallies. Many other players choice in and ruin the integrity of the sport. I would say more people would root for any other school in Delaware than Sallies but that’s just my opinion. The instate kids from Salesianum are pretty much there to balance numbers almost as they get little to no playing time and it is pretty much a Delaware team versus a tri state team for the DELAWARE state championship. I would like someone to address why they are not playing an Independent schedule so they don’t have to play teams like Milford and other teams well below their level.
Every time you or Leverage1991 leave a post, it is simply just lies in an attempt to make Sallies look bad. NOTHING you put in your posts has an ounce of truth but you already know that. I just want everybody reading these posts to know that the crap you write is just made up lies as you are simply a hater of a very good lacrosse program. Nobody was "brought" to Sals play lacrosse as the kids are NOT recruited. If they have an interest in going to Sallies and play lacrosse, so be it. ITS A VERY GOOD PROGRAM! How do these kids ruin the integrity of the sport by picking Sals to play lacrosse for a good program? You're an idiot! You know nothing about their program as many of their instate kids have been and currently are starters. Again, nothing you say is true, just ridiculous lies from a HATER! Say what you want, I'm done wasting my time on you. Just want some of the other followers on this post to know that anything you write is not worth reading. So go on hating Sallies and posting lies. Don't care anymore!

Last edited:
Every time you or Leverage1991 leave a post, it is simply just lies in an attempt to make Sallies look bad. NOTHING you put in your posts has an ounce of truth but you already know that. I just want everybody reading these posts to know that the crap you write is just made up lies as you are simply a hater of a very good lacrosse program. Nobody was "brought" to Sals play lacrosse as the kids are NOT recruited. If they have an interest in going to Sallies and play lacrosse, so be it. ITS A VERY GOOD PROGRAM! How do these kids ruin the integrity of the sport by picking Sals to play lacrosse for a good program? You're an idiot! You know nothing about their program as many of their starters have been are currently are starters. Again, nothing you say is true, just ridiculous lies from a HATER! Say what you want, I'm done wasting my time on you. Just want some of the other followers on this post to know that anything you write is not worth reading. So go on hating Sallies and posting lies. Don't care anymore!
Please ignore the above post as its all lies. That is all

Reactions: UpStateLaxStar
This argument has gone far too long. Sals is a wonderfully facilitated institution that produces D1 athletes and a ton of success. That being said, they have their fair share of recruits/transfers. Going independent should be a no brainer for them. Playing low level teams year in and year out in the most “competitive” part of their season seems wrong. They go up north and play teams like Chaminade, Garden City, etc. but decide to come back down and run through a state tournament consisting of Milford, Smyrna and other low qual teams. They aren’t doing it completely wrong, but they need to be doing it better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT