ADVERTISEMENT

Sanford's Weak Schedule and its Effect on the Tournament

This argument has gone far too long. Sals is a wonderfully facilitated institution that produces D1 athletes and a ton of success. That being said, they have their fair share of recruits/transfers. Going independent should be a no brainer for them. Playing low level teams year in and year out in the most “competitive” part of their season seems wrong. They go up north and play teams like Chaminade, Garden City, etc. but decide to come back down and run through a state tournament consisting of Milford, Smyrna and other low qual teams. They aren’t doing it completely wrong, but they need to be doing it better.
I think they were 8-7 last year overall and 6-2 in state including playoffs.

The Dennis brothers do in fact live down by Cape year round so that was a false assumption. The things that Sallies does and the way their kids act is disgusting. Many of those kids are not the best people in the world and they were brought to salesianum for the purpose of lacrosse. Falconetti kid is one kid I do genuinely like. Kid tried to get into Poly Tech but their terrible lottery like system rejected him and another player so he was somewhat forced to Sallies. Many other players choice in and ruin the integrity of the sport. I would say more people would root for any other school in Delaware than Sallies but that’s just my opinion. The instate kids from Salesianum are pretty much there to balance numbers almost as they get little to no playing time and it is pretty much a Delaware team versus a tri state team for the DELAWARE state championship. I would like someone to address why they are not playing an Independent schedule so they don’t have to play teams like Milford and other teams well below their level.

Your questioning Sallies schedule? They play by far the hardest in DE. They could play the best teams in DE every week and there current schedule,would,still be 5x harder. Hell hey have #2,5,13 in the country on thier schedule plus 2 real good teams from NJ and Parskide.

they only play 3-4 instate teams In state per season And that includes cape and CR.

your way off bases here

Your questioning Sallies schedule? They play by far the hardest in DE. They could play the best teams in DE every week and there current schedule,would,still be 5x harder. Hell hey have #2,5,13 in the country on thier schedule plus 2 real good teams from NJ and Parskide.

they only play 3-4 instate teams In state per season And that includes cape and CR.

your way off bases here
The point of them playing an independent schedule isn’t for them to play a harder schedule, it’s for them to stop being forced to play lower quality teams. If they are as elite a program as every says and as elite as their sponsorships and amount of money donated suggest, they wouldn’t want to play bad DE teams anyways so go independent and the only change is they don’t have to play Milford and other not very good teams. As for the post about everything Leverage1991 and I say is False, I’ll take that as you have nothing else to say so you discredit our arguments. They DO recruit, like it or not, and you saying no they don’t doesn’t really make it so they don’t. Need to have a real argument instead of attempting to discredit a valid argument.

The point of them playing an independent schedule isn’t for them to play a harder schedule, it’s for them to stop being forced to play lower quality teams. If they are as elite a program as every says and as elite as their sponsorships and amount of money donated suggest, they wouldn’t want to play bad DE teams anyways so go independent and the only change is they don’t have to play Milford and other not very good teams. As for the post about everything Leverage1991 and I say is False, I’ll take that as you have nothing else to say so you discredit our arguments. They DO recruit, like it or not, and you saying no they don’t doesn’t really make it so they don’t. Need to have a real argument instead of attempting to discredit a valid argument.
They DON'T recruit. They offer NO athletic scholarships and their financial aid is only need based and is open to all students. Yes, they may get transfers but that is because kids want to go to Sallies and get the exposure offered by a national competitive schedule and a good coaching staff. This decision to transfer is made by the kids and their parents, not the Sallies coaching staff. If a kid wants to go to Sallies and play lacrosse for these reasons, then the coaches are happy to get them. But Sallies coaches do NOT go out recruiting players. If you knew the Coaches, then you would not say they recruit. I dare you to present ANY facts or evidence to suggest they do. You CAN'T, so you WON'T. And what sponsors are you referring to? Rocco Abessinio graduated Salesianum in 1959 where he played football. He graciously donated money to build a new stadium for Salesianum to play in, as well as other local high schools (Sallies does not own the stadium and other schools use this as their home field). Salesianum has fund raisers like every other sport at every other school. Every point or argument you raise, I have shown that you make this stuff up and I "do" discredit your arguments. First, what is your definition of "recruiting"? Do you know what it means? I doubt it. They ATTRACT good players, but they DON'T recruit. Prove me wrong.

They DON'T recruit. They offer NO athletic scholarships and their financial aid is only need based and is open to all students. Yes, they may get transfers but that is because kids want to go to Sallies and get the exposure offered by a national competitive schedule and a good coaching staff. This decision to transfer is made by the kids and their parents, not the Sallies coaching staff. If a kid wants to go to Sallies and play lacrosse for these reasons, then the coaches are happy to get them. But Sallies coaches do NOT go out recruiting players. If you knew the Coaches, then you would not say they recruit. I dare you to present ANY facts or evidence to suggest they do. You CAN'T, so you WON'T. And what sponsors are you referring to? Rocco Abessinio graduated Salesianum in 1959 where he played football. He graciously donated money to build a new stadium for Salesianum to play in, as well as other local high schools (Sallies does not own the stadium and other schools use this as their home field). Salesianum has fund raisers like every other sport at every other school. Every point or argument you raise, I have shown that you make this stuff up and I "do" discredit your arguments. First, what is your definition of "recruiting"? Do you know what it means? I doubt it. They ATTRACT good players, but they DON'T recruit. Prove me wrong.
Recruiting does not mean offering athletic scholarships. Recruiting means going and getting kids to play at Salesianum which is exactly what they are doing. It has long been rumored of this and ofcourse there is no evidence to this like there is no evidence of other things that are accepted to be true. Everyone who is not naive and arrogant understands Salesianum does this. They just got a huge loan of money which I never discredited or said was a bad thing I just said with the amount of money they bring in you wouldn’t think to see Milford on their schedule. Just saying since they recruit, which they do, and i do know of the coach and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he recruited, they should go independent as it would suit the way they approach the game better. I mean is it fair to put public school kids who were almost forced to go to school where they go against kids who choice to a school... just saying.

As you said, no evidence...just rumors. Just people like you who SAY they must recruit because they win, so it must be true. What a joke! I asked you to give some evidence they recruit, and you CAN'T!

As you said, no evidence...just rumors. Just people like you who SAY they must recruit because they win, so it must be true. What a joke! I asked you to give some evidence they recruit, and you CAN'T!
Why do you think so many people say it?? For fun?? I believe it because it’s something that coaching staff would do without a doubt.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Looks like Sanford plays their 5 conference teams twice, 10 forced games.
5 out of conference games, which is Archmere, DMA, CR, Smyrna, Milford, all playoff teams last year.
Weak schedule? Who do you want to play St Mary's out of Annapolis, how did that work out for Appo, 7-25 I think.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
on the subject of school choice here is some interesting data..

https://www.schoolchoicede.org/ChoiceApplications.aspx

Appo, Middletown and Odessa High (9th) all at capacity.. boom town lol

Capes enrollment has gone up from 1237 (2010) to 1506 (2019) also added on an addition to increase capacity to 400 more students. So its booming down there also lol

Last edited:

mid by independent you mean like IMG, etc I agree - I thought you meant Tower Hill etc

mid by independent you mean like IMG, etc I agree - I thought you meant Tower Hill etc
Yes like independent as in IMG not tower hill. See where the confusion could have set in. Yes I just think it would fare better for them as they aren’t forced upon weak games and they aren’t scolded for recruiting as they are an independent not a DIAA school.

Yes like independent as in IMG not tower hill. See where the confusion could have set in. Yes I just think it would fare better for them as they aren’t forced upon weak games and they aren’t scolded for recruiting as they are an independent not a DIAA school.
Like RedLion did. Those were the good ole days.

Reactions: UpStateLaxStar
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Looks like Sanford plays their 5 conference teams twice, 10 forced games.
5 out of conference games, which is Archmere, DMA, CR, Smyrna, Milford, all playoff teams last year.
Weak schedule? Who do you want to play St Mary's out of Annapolis, how did that work out for Appo, 7-25 I think.
No Cape, no salesianum, not even somewhat decent out of state team like Ocean City or a team of that sort... the hardest team is a decent CR team which they face once. Every other game is a very easy game granted they play their way and do not drop to the level of other teams. They will go undefeated or one loss and this may just give them a one seed heading into the tournament. Not asking for them to schedule blow outs but like Cape played bullis the last few years and have Haverford school this year, Salesianum plays a whole bunch of tough out of state competition and they also play Cape, even CR at least plays Cape and Sallies and some decent out of state competition.

No Cape, no salesianum, not even somewhat decent out of state team like Ocean City or a team of that sort... the hardest team is a decent CR team which they face once. Every other game is a very easy game granted they play their way and do not drop to the level of other teams. They will go undefeated or one loss and this may just give them a one seed heading into the tournament. Not asking for them to schedule blow outs but like Cape played bullis the last few years and have Haverford school this year, Salesianum plays a whole bunch of tough out of state competition and they also play Cape, even CR at least plays Cape and Sallies and some decent out of state competition.
Sanford can get those games by making a semi final appearance, some games are earned not given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT