ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Scores

MOT has best D in the state. They are well coached, ball Hawks and they gang tackle. WB with its 5 shutouts is MY 2nd choice.

Reactions: spartakos
2 starters out. Brown and Vass. Vass very good WR and LB4 WR,RB. IMO Smyrna held back on the pass bc of the wind. Wind was awful. D was good and all over Will Knight.

If Central or Cape EVER learns anything else besides cover 3 they will be DANGEROUS. You will have a tough time running on those 2 but you will pass for a 1000 yards.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Y
If Central or Cape EVER learns anything else besides cover 3 they will be DANGEROUS. You will have a tough time running on those 2 but you will pass for a 1000 yards.
You might be right.. But up 14 with 8 minutes to go .. Give Cape that Chance.. Smryna will loose... No excuses.. No way that should happen...

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Concord offense stinks and they played both those teams without their best RB

Penn is definitely not the best D in the state. IMO Middletown has the best D.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
A
Slowskys were up by 12 with 8 minutes to go in last year's D1 title game.
Smyrna is incredible.
All that means running backs should of been able to pound the Ball to finish the gamę and not Turów.
Slowskys were up by 12 with 8 minutes to go in last year's D1 title game.
Smyrna is incredible.
Słowskys just got out coached period... Bad clock management... Same with Central....

Brown being out shouldn't matter for Smyrna.. Its what they would have had anyway . He was a gift add on from ECA..
Shouldn't matter? I understand your point about an add on. But why should his absence not matter? Six or seven weeks in, he is part of the team.

Reactions: bone_em_up
Imo...you fundamentally block and make tackles and we're not discussing missed players or the high winds. Some things need to be addressed quickly.

And cudo's to SC for the punch in the face.

Reactions: ricci1997
Imo...you fundamentally block and make tackles and we're not discussing missed players or the high winds. Some things need to be addressed quickly.

And cudo's to SC for the punch in the face.

Players didn't come out with the fire they had before. Thought Dover was their sloppy game until Howard until today. Im just an observer but I feel like the players think other teams are gonna lay down for them.

Reactions: DENative
Not having Leddie Brown is a huge loss to Smyrna today. It's almost the same as Concord without Bam except Smyrna is arguably the best team in the state and can win without someone for a week.

@RR
if game were to be played today...
Middletown ....48
Smyrna.......20

You're assuming smyrna would come out to play Middletown like they came out to play Sussex Central. Doubt that would happen. But if they keep playing undisciplined and sloppy football they'll be in big trouble against Middletown or anyone else for that matter.

Ps- RR is busy looking through old threads and deleting his posts where he said how much the ECA transfer QB's injury hurt ECAravel so he can try and craft a retort to my post and not seem like a liar.

Reactions: HammersWrestling
@pickle..
they are kids with "other" thing on their minds!
better to be shown your weaknesses now...
I'm sure the coach needed this to wake them up.. feel sorry for their next opponent..

You're assuming smyrna would come out to play Middletown like they came out to play Sussex Central. Doubt that would happen. But if they keep playing undisciplined and sloppy football they'll be in big trouble against Middletown or anyone else for that matter.

Ps- RR is busy looking through old threads and deleting his posts where he said how much the ECA transfer QB's injury hurt ECAravel so he can try and craft a retort to my post and not seem like a liar.

Are you nuts? its not the same thing and you know it.. Your just trying get into something with me pickle f'er.... Brown goes down you still have Knight.. Smyrna would be top ranked if Brown never did come there anyway..... Henderson going down would be more akin to CA losing their only QB.. maybe if Argoe didn't bolt it would not have been quite the blow.. as for the last part of your post I don't care what you think or what anyone else on these forums think enough to waste my time doing that... when I am wrong I admit and move on

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I am sure Middletown and everyone else will be looking at that tape. Sussex Coach clearly dialed something up
I didn't see the game what were the issues for Smyrna? Did Central just match up well (which I doubt) Was its in the trenches? or was Central just on top of the play calls.. or Did Smyrna just not execute well? from some of the posts its sound like Smyrna had trouble tackling on D and couldn't stop the run game? .. any insight from folks that saw the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT