ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Teams.....

Chill44

Good all around Player
Jul 15, 2012
With Dover and Sanford leading the way in the state this year, who are 5 teams that could make it tough for them and make a legit run for the State Championship and why???

Tower Hill is 13-3. They beat Caravel, lost to Dickinson in OT and lost by 1 early in the season to St. Andrews. They did lose big to Sanford, but so did just about everyone else in DE. Sounds like a good team to me.

Reactions: ballxpert12
Tower Hill is 13-3. They beat Caravel, lost to Dickinson in OT and lost by 1 early in the season to St. Andrews. They did lose big to Sanford, but so did just about everyone else in DE. Sounds like a good team to me.
And, because they are Tower Hill, they won't make a peep in the tourney

And, because they are Tower Hill, they won't make a peep in the tourney

I'm not going to go check the posts, but I'm pretty sure you dismiss their football team every year as well.

Edit: Maybe that wasn't you, but larger point is your anti-private bias is well-known. Certainly lots of people dismissed them before they beat AI, etc in football.

Should play the Sals. Howard and St. Lizzies do. Can there be a true city champion...maybe Tower Hill plays Sals in tourney.

Laurel has to play Lake next week, if they win they win the south if lake wins Bridge will have to play Laurel for tie breaker

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate5
I'm not going to go check the posts, but I'm pretty sure you dismiss their football team every year as well.

Edit: Maybe that wasn't you, but larger point is your anti-private bias is well-known. Certainly lots of people dismissed them before they beat AI, etc in football.
Not me. I'm a baseball and basketball fan. Don't care about football, but I know that Tower Hill had a good season in football. I just don't think their basketball program will ever be relevant. Has it ever been?

Last edited:
Not me. I'm a baseball and basketball fan. Don't care about football, but I know that Tower Hill had a good season in football. I just don't think their basketball program will ever be relevant. Has it ever been?
They went to the state Championship 10-11 years ago.

Sounds like Tower had a bad loss to Tatnall. It happens. That being said, why all this hate against Tower? They won a round one game in last year’s playoffs, and they were down 3 with 4 mins left vs CR in round 2. Some are saying this years team is better, so that sounds relevant.

I don't even think Tower made a quarterfinal during the Carmen Wallace years...

ETA - yep, they did, 1993. Lost to Sanford.

They went to the state Championship 10-11 years ago.
Yes they did...they went & watched the 2 teams playing in the game.

Not hating on Tower Hill, I think what most people are saying are that they are just overrated. This may be the most that I have ever heard them talked about & when you are being pumped up like that then people expect you to live up to the hype.

Who Tower Hill?
They barely win 5 games a season and sometimes have an outlier and make the 1st or 2nd round at best.
Tower has won at least 13 games for the last 3 seasons. Not a bad RECENT accomplishment for a school with about 150 boys enrolled and who isn’t historically known as a “basketball school”.

Reactions: Painttheblack1
Yes they did...they went & watched the 2 teams playing in the game.

Not hating on Tower Hill, I think what most people are saying are that they are just overrated. This may be the most that I have ever heard them talked about & when you are being pumped up like that then people expect you to live up to the hype.
My fault, I misread the statement. I was talking about Tatnall. I looked over the Tower Hill part.

Reactions: J12
stay hating on tower hill bro... the coach is sort of a bot and they were missing their second best player but ok. they have a great basketball program for the 10 total boys in their high school

The Hillers did win a baseball title back in the 1980's I believe....with the Carpenters, Battaglia, etc....

Their schedule is horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT