ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Teams.....

Again, same question: “What schedule would you propose for a non-recruiting, private school, with about 150 high school boys?”
Do all the teams in that conference play basically the same schedule? And do they all have about the same number of boys?

StE is a fraud. Weak schedule all year and when it matters most they are losing games.

Do all the teams in that conference play basically the same schedule? And do they all have about the same number of boys?
With the exception of Sanford, which is an elite basketball program, the teams in the Independent Conference appear to play many (but not all) common opponents. Tower Hill and St. Andrews are both 13-5, which is significantly better than the rest of the Independent Conference teams, EXCEPT for Sanford. I don’t have time to look up their enrollments, but I assume Tower is middle of the pack compared to other Indy teams. I know they have a fraction of the enrollment of most schools in DE.

Reactions: ballxpert12
Again, same question: “What schedule would you propose for a non-recruiting, private school, with about 150 high school boys?”
I don't really care who they schedule, but I don't think they should be mentioned as a "sleeper team" if by sleeper team, we mean a team that has a chance to win the championship.

I don't really care who they schedule, but I don't think they should be mentioned as a "sleeper team" if by sleeper team, we mean a team that has a chance to win the championship.
All this talk about sleeper teams.. Sanford will win this year.. Don't care who everybody thinks about that.. All this talk about Tower Hill.. Who cares this year we know who going win .. Smh.. Would put Dover up there with Sanford but Stan can coach circles around Wilson.. Wilson not smart enough to get Dover over the top..

They also lost to 2 of them by a combined 80 points and Newark Charter. What's your point?
My point is their not the same team that played the first half of the season. A couple personel adjustments made a huge difference. They play caravel tonight. I guess we'll see

All this talk about sleeper teams.. Sanford will win this year.. Don't care who everybody thinks about that.. All this talk about Tower Hill.. Who cares this year we know who going win .. Smh.. Would put Dover up there with Sanford but Stan can coach circles around Wilson.. Wilson not smart enough to get Dover over the top..
Before last season, I predicted Sanford would win the next two championships and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Before last season, I predicted Sanford would win the next two championships and nothing has happened to change my mind.

I agree. This year will be because Sanford has the dominant talent. Next year, nobody, maybe with the exception of Sallies and/or Smyrna will be good enough to challenge them.

I agree. This year will be because Sanford has the dominant talent. Next year, nobody, maybe with the exception of Sallies and/or Smyrna will be good enough to challenge them.

Not saying he isnt enough because he is a special talent but outside of Njoku who do they have returning?
Knowing Stan he has worked those guys ready but they are a very senior heavy team

Anybody seen Laurel? Can they do something in this tourney?
Guess a good indicator will be next Friday against Dover for the Conference Chip

I may have to make that trip to Dover to check them out. Would be nice if Smyrna could host a Henlopen Title game one of these years.

Anybody seen Laurel? Can they do something in this tourney?
Guess a good indicator will be next Friday against Dover for the Conference Chip
I saw them for the first time last night at Lake & while they can be scrappy I don’t think Dover has anything to worry about. Dover may win this game by 30. They played triangle & 2 on Lake’s Vasquez & Tolson...both finished w/ 20 pts each but Lake’s problem was that they didn’t have any other scoring options.

I will say this about Laurel if those young kids stay there they will run the Henlopen South for the next few years. They have 3 freshmen either starting or getting major minutes & a sophomore. Freshman guard Jones is their leading scorer & had 18 last night, freshman guard Wilson had 16, freshman big man Mumford had 10 & sophomore guard White had 14...58 of their 65 from those underclassmen.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Mount is a sleeper team. Solid record 15-4, tied for second in flight "A" which in my opinion is the best conference in the state after loosing

Sallies: Only true game they lost convincingly
Woodbrige: Buzzer beater loss
Appo: lost in OT
Penn: three rotation players, two which were starters did not play I was told.
There schedule shows they scrimmaged Dover, Smyrna, CR so they have see all the top teams in DE. I think they will be a tough out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT