ADVERTISEMENT

St.Gs vs Sanford???

Sanford has the better team & “should” win the game in my opinion but I am curious to see what Sanford does to try to contain Hyland.

On a sidenote Curtis Watkins & LL Hoops midseason Top 25 player rankings were posted today & they have...
#1 - Hyland (St. George’s)
#2 - Davis (Sanford)
#3 - Matthews (Smyrna)
#4 - Kramer (Mt. Pleasant)
#5 - Robertson (Cape)
#6 - Rickards (Cape)

http://llhoops.com/delaware-beats/delaware-boys-top-25-players-updated-jan-232018/

Sanford has the better team & “should” win the game in my opinion but I am curious to see what Sanford does to try to contain Hyland.

On a sidenote Curtis Watkins & LL Hoops midseason Top 25 player rankings were posted today & they have...
#2 - Davis (Sanford)
#3 - Matthews (Smyrna)
#5 - Robertson (Cape)
#6 - Rickards (Cape)

http://llhoops.com/delaware-beats/delaware-boys-top-25-players-updated-jan-232018/

Very good list there. Delaware has a ton of talent right now

Reactions: jvm3
Should be interesting, guess we will see where both teams really stand! A lot of top ranked teams and players matched up this week.

Will be interesting to see the defensive scheme Sanford employs to slow down Hyland.
Sanford typically wins games where they control the pace so I’m thinking that they’ll try to slow it down, run their sets & limit Hyland’s touches.

Sanford typically wins games where they control the pace so I’m thinking that they’ll try to slow it down, run their sets & limit Hyland’s touches.

I think you are spot on. Curious to see how they match up too and how aggressive Sanford gets on the double team.

#2 - Davis (Sanford)
#3 - Matthews (Smyrna)
#5 - Robertson (Cape)
#6 - Rickards (Cape)

I agree... With list ... Just take out Kramer that might be first team allstate this year...
1. Hyland (St.George's)
2.Davis (Sanford)
3. Matthews (Smyrna)
4. Robertson (Cape)
5. Rickards (Cape)
Second team
1. Parker (Caravel)
2. Shaft (C.R.)
3. Ali (Mount)
4. Garnett (Smyrna)
5. Bloodsworth (Smyrna)
Third Team
1. Woody (Howard)
2. Corbin (Woodbridge)
3. Harding (Penn)
4. Burton (Sussex Tech)
5. Njoku (Sanford)

Thats how i see it midway threw....

Reactions: _TK44
Well, ya gotta realise that I'm not at the game: I'm about 250 kilometres NW from there (By automobile- about 200 km as da crow flies"); only going by the snapshots of the scoreboard, probably, taken by Coach Stan's Mrs. and posted on FB.

Looks like it's final. Sanford wins 61-40

Last edited:
Cape shot 56 foul shots to Sanford's 14. That is not likely to happen again. Davis was Killing Cape. Game turned with Perkins injury. He was unable to return and the fouls began to mount.

Cape is solid tho. Love the two 6'5 ballers. They compliment one another very well. I have been very impressed with their ability to defend.

Sanford and Cape are best 2 defensive teams in the state. William Penn is buying in in that end as well.

Cape shot 56 foul shots to Sanford's 14. That is not likely to happen again. Davis was Killing Cape. Game turned with Perkins injury. He was unable to return and the fouls began to mount.

Cape is solid tho. Love the two 6'5 ballers. They compliment one another very well. I have been very impressed with their ability to defend.

Sanford and Cape are best 2 defensive teams in the state. William Penn is buying in in that end as well.

Solid post.

Davis is clearly best player in the state. Not even a debate.
LOL so let me get this straight your basing this off of a match up where Sanford used 3 PEOPLE to defend Hyland all game where he made passes to his teammates and as usual they did nothing with them? And where Davis was getting free shots at the basket and barely being defended? LOL Ok yea its not up for debate. You guys are absolutely hilarious!!!

LOL so let me get this straight your basing this off of a match up where Sanford used 3 PEOPLE to defend Hyland all game where he made passes to his teammates and as usual they did nothing with them? And where Davis was getting free shots at the basket and barely being defended? LOL Ok yea its not up for debate. You guys are absolutely hilarious!!!

Also Hyland is being asked to play the point and his natural position is the 2.

Hyland is a better player, Davis is a better prospect. Davis has a team that has talent, hyland playing 1 vs 5. I hate to say this because I am big on kids not leaving but Hyland should of went to Monsignor Bonner with the big kid Ingraham.

Hyland is a better player, Davis is a better prospect. Davis has a team that has talent, hyland playing 1 vs 5. I hate to say this because I am big on kids not leaving but Hyland should of went to Monsignor Bonner with the big kid Ingraham.
2 different positions. .. Cant say Hyland better than Davis...Hyland. Pure scorer... Lower D-1 St. Johns type program. .. Davis 6"7 on the wing that can jump and shoot and dribble.. Higher D-1.. Duke , Kentucky... Bottom line great young players thats keeping DE highschool basketball barely alive.. Keep getting better fellas.. Sky is the limit.

Reactions: _TK44
Used only 1 man... Rest stayed in zone from foul line down.. You is very funny.. Hyland dribbled into zone .. Making people like. You thinking 3 people guarding him... But in reality one man face guarding him the whole game.. Smh.. Its called box in 1... That just means... Stan has great respect for Hyland....

Used only 1 man... Rest stayed in zone from foul line down.. You is very funny.. Hyland dribbled into zone .. Making people like. You thinking 3 people guarding him... But in reality one man face guarding him the whole game.. Smh.. Its called box in 1... That just means... Stan has great respect for Hyland....
No sir the principle is for the other two to stay back but they didnt respect the other players so they came up! So again I say they used 3 people when he attempted to make a drive And yes it was a box and 1 duuuuuh lol The point is that wasn't the game to compare the two players.

#2 - Davis (Sanford)
#3 - Matthews (Smyrna)
#5 - Robertson (Cape)
#6 - Rickards (Cape)

Matthews too high to me? Kramer is out isn't he?

His natural position is the Point! He can score yes but he is a point...the problem is Delaware likes to play kids out of their real positions bc Delaware is a small state that lacks size.

Also Hyland is being asked to play the point and his natural position is the 2.[/QU

St. Johns isn't a small D-1 program and Davis isn't a Duke or Kentucky player. He may go D-1 but I need to see him play away from Sanford.

2 different positions. .. Cant say Hyland better than Davis...Hyland. Pure scorer... Lower D-1 St. Johns type program. .. Davis 6"7 on the wing that can jump and shoot and dribble.. Higher D-1.. Duke , Kentucky... Bottom line great young players thats keeping DE highschool basketball barely alive.. Keep getting better fellas.. Sky is the limit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT