ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mark's 23 - Archmere 20 Final

skipsternicole

JV stand out
Oct 3, 2007
I'm guessing they're not sending the tape of this one to the basketball hall of fame. St. Mark's had as many converted free throws (7) as they had made baskets (7) UGH!!!!!

Teams scored a total of 9 points in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Yes that is the total for 2 quarters for both teams. Archmere outscored St Marks 4-0 in the second and St Marks won the 4th Q 3-2. How does this happen?

I'm not a fan of St. Mark's & their games can get very boring BUT w/ that being said they are doing what they have to do to win ball games which is keep up that very slow pace & play good defense. They are beating teams that have more talent than them because of this strategy so I actually don't have a problem w/ it...YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! I would think that if they tried to get out & run w/ some of these teams that they have beaten they would get run out of the gym.

Originally posted by J12:
I'm not a fan of St. Mark's & their games can get very boring BUT w/ that being said they are doing what they have to do to win ball games which is keep up that very slow pace & play good defense.
Unfortunately for them, in the post season, when you have to string together several wins in a row, against the better teams/players in the state, to win it all, that system falls flat on its face in today's HS game.

St Marks offensive system is a joke. They are stuck in a time warp. ABC basketball. No room for creativity.

On the flip side every coach in the state could learn from their tough defense. No one plays D better.

It's not the most fun basketball to watch, but it keeps teams honest. St. Mark's is a team that can either upset a few teams along the way in the tournament or get run off the floor in the opening round. I do agree with the above posters that Delaware is past due for a 30 second shot clock.

Originally posted by GateKeeperRefugee:
I do agree with the above posters that Delaware is past due for a 30 second shot clock.
Why? I've seen many DE HS Basketball games over the years. Not many teams take more than 25 seconds to take a shot.

25 or 30, it's time. No knock against St. Mark's, but Delaware High School Athletics IN GENERAL has to come out of the stone age if these kids are gonna really improve as athletes. Holding the ball forever and a day really isn't that helpful.

Originally posted by GateKeeperRefugee:
25 or 30, it's time. No knock against St. Mark's, but Delaware High School Athletics IN GENERAL has to come out of the stone age if these kids are gonna really improve as athletes. Holding the ball forever and a day really isn't that helpful.
There are only 2 metropolitan areas with shot clock DC and NYC to my knowledge. Our great state is not in the stone ages in regards to shot clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT