ADVERTISEMENT

St Marks vs Sanford??

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
St Marks wins 42-15 without winning a match on the mat. How? Only two weights actually wrestled and Sanford won both by TF and a MD. The rest were all fft's including 4 double fft's. Just bringing this up because it's crazy considering these two programs from what they were. What gives? :(

On another note are a lot of parents not letting or the kids deciding not to wrestle due to covid and masks and all that? I would guess it would be more difficult for the small schools to get kids to come out who haven't wrestled before due to this..

You are correct. Many teams have less participation than they usually do. There are a Number of schools that don’t even have programs. Tatnall Tower Hill and friends are not competing. All the Christina school district schools do not have programs.

there is a difference in roster size when comparing schools that have been in person (private and down state) and schools that have been remote for the first half of the school year

You are correct. Many teams have less participation than they usually do. There are a Number of schools that don’t even have programs. Tatnall Tower Hill and friends are not competing. All the Christina school district schools do not have programs.

there is a difference in roster size when comparing schools that have been in person (private and down state) and schools that have been remote for the first half of the school year
Sam Munch from Friends isn't wrestling this year either. Idk about the rest of the guys on the team.

It’s an open state tournament this year so maybe they can send guys there if approved

So I assume they aren't doing Conferences? If so then it would make sense that all qualifiers from last year would get a pass in?

every team can enter a wrestler per weight class supposedly. I guess it will be up to school and diaa if they can send individuals from teams who didn't have any duals.

Oh IC... I would assume then the coaches will be using some discretion as who they send. I wouldn't think a coach would send a kid that has zero chance to win a match or something like that.

Friends started practicing and unsure if they will have any duals yet. You can send wrestlers to states even if your team doesn’t wrestle duals.
I can’t speak for everyone but I have 5-6 kids whose parents are not letting them wrestle this season. It’s a crazy year.

Oh IC... I would assume then the coaches will be using some discretion as who they send. I wouldn't think a coach would send a kid that has zero chance to win a match or something like that.
I’ve heard that team champs are going to be determined by team points from the state tourney so teams that are in contention will send all they have.

Friends started practicing and unsure if they will have any duals yet. You can send wrestlers to states even if your team doesn’t wrestle duals.
I can’t speak for everyone but I have 5-6 kids whose parents are not letting them wrestle this season. It’s a crazy year.
At least you can put “my entire team qualified for states on 2021” on your resume :)

Reactions: concord87
So potentially a wrestler can have a 0-0 record at states this year?

Well technically he would be 5-0 or 6-0 by the time they win states but yes it could happen.
I was told today that state Chanps, D1 and D2 will be decided by team points at the individual state tournament. Should be fun!

Hello, I am Sanford's new head coach. Unfortunately, due to Covid our school has dropped mandatory sports so we lost kids because of that and we also lost kids because parents aren't allowing them to wrestle. Nothing to hide here, we are a team of 5 wrestlers with 1 who is out because of injuries and the other who just started practicing because he had Covid. Our numbers would be better but we lose opportunities for wrestlers without having football. In our dual with St. Marks we wrestled 3 exhibition matches to give the kids opportunities by the way.

Thanks,
Trevor.

Hello, I am Sanford's new head coach. Unfortunately, due to Covid our school has dropped mandatory sports so we lost kids because of that and we also lost kids because parents aren't allowing them to wrestle. Nothing to hide here, we are a team of 5 wrestlers with 1 who is out because of injuries and the other who just started practicing because he had Covid. Our numbers would be better but we lose opportunities for wrestlers without having football. In our dual with St. Marks we wrestled 3 exhibition matches to give the kids opportunities by the way.

Thanks,
Trevor.
Here’s to 2021/22 being a much different season. I coach at concord and usually start with 20-25 kids. I started with 11 and am down to 6. It’s a crazy season!

So potentially a wrestler can have a 0-0 record at states this year?
Technically a kid could have been 0-0 heading into prior seasons as well. Say when BH qualified top 6 for states and there is only 6 heavyweights. Someone weighs in with a 0-0 record and then Med ffts out they are still 0-0 in committees eyes and they are qualified for states.

Reactions: trapblock22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT