ADVERTISEMENT

State Dual Predictions

WornDown

Water boy
Jan 28, 2015
Had some fun with this last year, I know there's a long way to go, but this is what I see today.

D1
1. Smyrna - Team are catching up, but not this year
2. CR - Not that much of a surprise.
3. Cape - Sneaky good
4. Sussex Central - Could be as high as #2
5. Salesianum - Ehh
6. Charter of Wilm - Wouldn't this be great for that program??

D2
Milford - Too solid through out
Sanford - No big boys and looks like they have the injury bug
St. Georges - What a difference a year makes
Hodgson - going to need their A game
Lake Forest - always in about the same spot
DMA - Not as strong as last year

Just wondering......
How can you qualify for the dual meet tournament if you only have 3 duals? All the other sports have a minimum number of "games" to be considered for the tournament. Not saying Sanford isn't the best, but they only wrestled one conference match. Seems a little Red Lion'ish.

Reactions: myrealname
soccer07 as was stated in another thread the Easton PA Invitational was a dual meet.. They wrestled 5 dual matches there so they will have 8 duals.. I have no idea the results of those meets thought

D-1

Smyrna
S C
C R
Cape
Sallies
W P

D-2

Milford
St George
Sanford
Hodgson
Dma
Caravel

Yeah, I don't see how you put Central behind Cape. Unless Cape does the unthinkable and upsets Smyrna somehow. Right now as long as Sallies doesn't upset Central, the top three in Division I would probably be Smyrna, CR/Central winner and then the loser of that meet.

worndown its apparent that you are involved with Sanford. will their guns all be back for post season? milford is the team to beat and then probably st g. Sanford needs to win coin toss and get matchups. those forfeits hurt.

Had some fun with this last year, I know there's a long way to go, but this is what I see today.

D1
1. Smyrna - Team are catching up, but not this year
2. CR - Not that much of a surprise.
3. Cape - Sneaky good
4. Sussex Central - Could be as high as #2
5. Salesianum - Ehh
6. Charter of Wilm - Wouldn't this be great for that program??

D2
Milford - Too solid through out
Sanford - No big boys and looks like they have the injury bug
St. Georges - What a difference a year makes
Hodgson - going to need their A game
Lake Forest - always in about the same spot
DMA - Not as strong as last year
hate the autobid/ Cape and st would probably both beat charter in a dual. I do think its great for coach rigby though

worndown its apparent that you are involved with Sanford. will their guns all be back for post season? milford is the team to beat and then probably st g. Sanford needs to win coin toss and get matchups. those forfeits hurt.
With conference tournaments 3 days later Sanford will have to be careful how far they bump up and stay within the decent plan.

assume they have a couple jv kids down low that are suitable fill ins and they will have to bump without letting the kids weigh in heavy.

Real, No, sorry. My Sanford info is from a friend of a friend. I wish I knew more, but that's all I got. I would agree with your assessment of the St Georges. I ranked Sanford 2nd based on a healthy roster. I figure stuff will come out eventually, so we can have a more accurate ranking.

Real, No, sorry. My Sanford info is from a friend of a friend. I wish I knew more, but that's all I got. I would agree with your assessment of the St Georges. I ranked Sanford 2nd based on a healthy roster. I figure stuff will come out eventually, so we can have a more accurate ranking.
if you say so ;-)

Reactions: spartakos
What are the chances Archmere sneaks in at 6? Hodgson doesn't look as strong as they once were, The Caravel Archmere dual meet should be interesting

What are the chances Archmere sneaks in at 6? Hodgson doesn't look as strong as they once were, The Caravel Archmere dual meet should be interesting
Hodgson has finished ahead of archmere in the two tournaments that they compete head to head. Hodgson was 4th at WP while Archmere was 10 and at mount tournament hodgson was 1st and archmere 4th with hodgson finishing about 70 points ahead of them.

HVT is week in the heavier weights and Arch is stronger in the heavier weight.... A dual will be much closer than tournament results... HVT has guys in the light weights that rack up points and make finals.. In duals you just have to beat they one guy you wrestle..different ball game in my opinion..

I was wrong it's been three tournaments. At Newark Hodgson won and archmere was 4th finishing about 60 points behind. I love seeing new programs qualify for duals but these two don't wrestle a dual meet so the state wrestling committee has to look at the events they did compete against each other at. Wish they wrestled head to head because you are correct that some teams are better tournament teams than they are dual teams.

I was wrong it's been three tournaments. At Newark Hodgson won and archmere was 4th finishing about 60 points behind. I love seeing new programs qualify for duals but these two don't wrestle a dual meet so the state wrestling committee has to look at the events they did compete against each other at. Wish they wrestled head to head because you are correct that some teams are better tournament teams than they are dual teams.

And much of that depends on the tournament and who is there.. for example CA finished only half a point behind HVT at the Green Knight but more points behind at Newark.. Tournaments are more about individuals... The team score is really not that big a deal as it pertains to duals JMHO Quite honestly I don't even see the point of having the team scores at the individual tournaments .. half the teams only send a portion of their team anyway and send the other to wrestle in the JV brackets

The committee also looks at common opponents margin of victory and Defeat. Hodgson and Caravel wrestle on the 8th. Should be a good one.

so its looking in D2 as

Milford
St G
DMA
Sanford

and Lake, HVT, Caravel, and Archmere for the last 2 spots

Hodgson will probably have to beat Lake. Lake lost to DMA by 20 and Hodgson lost by 24. Not sure if they have other common opponents beside Caravel

I just saw this you're right Head....that would be a great meet to attend!!

So we're thinking D2 looks like this?
Milford
St George
Sanford
DMA

(Hodgson, Caravel, Lake) Loser goes home!!

Predictions?

I just saw this you're right Head....that would be a great meet to attend!!

So we're thinking D2 looks like this?
Milford
St George
Sanford
DMA

(Hodgson, Caravel, Lake) Loser goes home!!

Predictions?
Caravel goes 2-0
Lake beats Hodgson in a close one

Caravel goes 2-0
Lake beats Hodgson in a close one
If Lake Beats Hodgson how can Lake qualify for dual teams, their record is pretty low I believe 4-7 I know they have a tough schedule, but having a 5-8 team make Dual Team states is kind of ridiculous

ok so you are a hodgson or maybe Archmere guy based on comments. Archmere has no shot, sorry!. records don't mean crap when a team wrestles a tough schedule. They have lost to Cape, Dover, Milford, Sussex Tech, DMA and Poly. Hodgson would get smoked by those teams as well. No better way to see who is better than H2H! If 5-8 is ridiculous you should have no problem beating them.

Archmere lost 63-3 to DMA while Hod and Lake lost by 24 & 20 respectively.

I think Hodgson will win against Lake and Caravel. Hodgson had a weak showing against DMA. I look to see a rebound, but hey that's why we wrestle the matches!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT