ADVERTISEMENT

State Dual Predictions

I think Hodgson will win against Lake and Caravel. Hodgson had a weak showing against DMA. I look to see a rebound, but hey that's why we wrestle the matches!!
What matches do you think Hodgson could have won against DMA that they didn't win? I'm not seeing any but could have missed something.

Archmere deserves a shot most of you don't believe they have a shot at making dual team states , but they can compete with most teams in this Division (minus the DMA Caravel hiccup) and I believe they deserve some recognition, everyone thinks that just cause their Archmere they don't deserve a shot, I think they would beat Lake and have a close match with Hodgson

Archmere is a very strong up and down the line with few forfeits in the middle weight classes that bring them down. Also when archmere wrestled caravel they were missing their solid 115 pounder Gary Clements. Taking that and the 2 forfeits at 138 and 145 into play that was a very even match. I say archmere sneaks in at number 6 over a suffering Hodgson team. Also Freshman Nolan collins at 126 senior Matt mccurnin at 120 and Sophmores Gary Clements 113 and josh Mottola 106 seem to be thriving in the lower weights.

Archmere deserves a shot most of you don't believe they have a shot at making dual team states , but they can compete with most teams in this Division (minus the DMA Caravel hiccup) and I believe they deserve some recognition, everyone thinks that just cause their Archmere they don't deserve a shot, I think they would beat Lake and have a close match with Hodgson
Why did you delete your post earlier where you said they weren't strong enough and shouldn't make dual states? Archmere has built a good program, but I can't imagine any scenario that they get in this year. Best of luck though!

Lake lose both of their Matches, Does that make Hodgson such a better team than I first thought is that last spot guaranteed,

REALLY? Cause you posted this yesterday:

" Never said anything about Archmere, In my eyes I don't believe they should be in there easy schedule and got Murdered By DMA and Caravel, haven't beat any one good, don't deserve a shot at the tournament. Im rooting for Caravel, they have a great young group of kids who will make individual runs at the state tournament, and could even be a sleeper at D2 states duals.

37 Wrestlehead55, Yesterday at 11:19 AM "

Change your mind and start a new account to agree with you 1 minute later? Archmere kids gone crazy!

REALLY? Cause you posted this yesterday:

" Never said anything about Archmere, In my eyes I don't believe they should be in there easy schedule and got Murdered By DMA and Caravel, haven't beat any one good, don't deserve a shot at the tournament. Im rooting for Caravel, they have a great young group of kids who will make individual runs at the state tournament, and could even be a sleeper at D2 states duals.

37 Wrestlehead55, Yesterday at 11:19 AM "

Change your mind and start a new account to agree with you 1 minute later? Archmere kids gone crazy!
Not my account, I don't care about this stupid website enough to go and make another account to prove my point , your the one making me go Crazy You are trying to sway my opinions the wrong way, but i said what I believe is right What I first said about Archmere was stupid, because if any of you had the chance to see Archmere wrestle you would be thinking the same thing

Sure kid! That was without a doubt you that said this about Archmere yesterday and then deleted it. Pack your bags cause your season is over. Lake would beat you by 20 and they lost to Hodgson and Caravel. Hodgson beats you by 25-30

Ya Head can you keep yourself in line. You cant come on here and cry like a deer in headlights because Archmere might or might not make duel team states. Stick with one of your opinions and stop acting like a Koala Bear.

Ya Head can you keep yourself in line. You cant come on here and cry like a deer in headlights because Archmere might or might not make duel team states. Stick with one of your opinions and stop acting like a Koala Bear.
LOL! real original trying to use a screen name that looks like mine. Is this your 3rd user name now? Just like I said if AI had 5 state placers, if Archmere makes state duals I'll watch in my speedo. Still got it out from the polar bear plunge this weekend! :eek:

Reactions: spartakos
LOL! real original trying to use a screen name that looks like mine. Is this your 3rd user name now? Just like I said if AI had 5 state placers, if Archmere makes state duals I'll watch in my speedo. Still got it out from the polar bear plunge this weekend! :eek:
Its not me creating these accounts like I said i could care less

so how about you just explain your change of heart about archmere or was that not you that posted yesterday how they didn't deserve to get in even though I had the copy and paste from it? moron!

so how about you just explain your change of heart about archmere or was that not you that posted yesterday how they didn't deserve to get in even though I had the copy and paste from it? moron!
My explanation is that I believed they deserved consideration, because no teams were talking about them, I did not want you to think I'm from Archmere, thats why I said the negative stuff about the team I'd like to see them in the tournment, but after how strong Hodgson looked that may not look at a possibility, This is the only account I created on this website, and I have no idea why fake accounts are coming up to troll me and you.

Wrestlehead you know exactly who the trolls are but let's let this die!

Yeah
I guess many shouldn't of changed, beadle (106) should have pinned his guy and cawman and Dominelli should have been closer, but all in in all I guess they still would of lost. It should of definetly been closer.

Any updates DI state duals predictions? Is WP in? Four Henlopen teams? (S, SC, CR Cape??). Any matches tonight or Friday that will make or break any teams?

Wp wrestles Sussex Tech at our place tonight. Not sure if that can help WP if they win maybe with any common opponent scores with the last Henlopen North team or not.

Any updates DI state duals predictions? Is WP in? Four Henlopen teams? (S, SC, CR Cape??). Any matches tonight or Friday that will make or break any teams?
Looks like the #6 spot in D1 may come down to Salesianum and Polytech. Could be an unheard of 5 teams from the Henlopen North. Salesianum may very well need a Thursday night win over Caesar Rodney.

I think either one of those teams would get the 5 seed over Charter who gets the 6 for winning BH

Forgot WP lost to Saliies on Monday. Agree that poly or sallies probably gets in and gets 5 seed. A sallies win over CR helps a lot!

vs Central essential the same.
vs Smyrna, Poly kept the score a little closer.
Sallies finished 2nd at Delcastle vs Poly who finished 5th
Poly got beat pretty bad by CR, if Sallies keeps that match a little closer, we have a dead heat. I think Sallies gets the nod based on the Delcastle, as a tie breaker. If Sallies gets wrecked by CR, I think Poly sneaks ahead.
I don't know about strength of Schedule. Most of Sallies duals were out of state.

Reactions: concord87
Think you may be correct. Strength of schedule is tough since any Henlopen North team automatically has a beast of a schedule, but sallies does chose to wrestle Central, Smyrna and Cr in addition to tough out of state teams. Think like you said the CR match may decide things unless Sallies gets beat badly then it will get interesting.

D2 should be interesting. I think we know the teams, but how do you figure out the seeding? I think common sense tells you who the 2 best teams are, but will they get seeded that way?

Jeff.....sorry, a lot closer.
Poly is definitely putting it out there.
What are we thinking? Sallies has to do something dramatic against CR to get in?

Polytech. is the team with the best shot at beating Smyrna. I hope they get in the tournament and think they will. If they have their full lineup and win the toss they can beat anyone.

Reactions: youjustme
Just like we threw out the old formula system for individual duals, we should throw out the automatic bid for dual states. Delaware is small enough that everyone knows who the best six teams are in each division. Those are the teams that should be invited to the Ball. Going just to say I made it is bogus if a team that on any given day could actually win the whole thing is sitting at home. No disrespect to any team but if you lose by 40+ to a team near the bottom of the rankings, what chance do you have against the top teams. As much as I don't want to see Poly again, they should definitely be in the mix, in my opinion.

I think Poly will get in and Sallies will be out, unless they really do something special at CR. I hear what your saying, but doesn't there have to be a reward for winning your conference, even if the conference comes up small?

This is the same conversation that was had last year about Middletown geting the auto-bid, and what did they do? They took out the #3 seed.

I agree with worndown. Obviously I'm a blue hen guy but every year people scream about the auto bid and every year the blue hen team steps up and wrestles well. Middletown won a match last year and wp always wrestles teams tough in previous years.

I agree with worndown. Obviously I'm a blue hen guy but every year people scream about the auto bid and every year the blue hen team steps up and wrestles well. Middletown won a match last year and wp always wrestles teams tough in previous years.

If everyone was in a conference or if every conference and the best non conference got auto bids I could get with that.. its not 1970 anymore.. I don't like in in Football either.. The best six should go IMO

Right Raven, we can't force teams to wrestle a conference schedule then say "They didn't wrestle anyone so they don't deserve to be in the tournament"
Yes, Charter got beat soundly by Poly, but they kept it fairly close against Cape (38-22). and Cape beat Poly. We can go round and round. Sallies will end up being the loser here because there is no auto for Indy schools.

Reactions: myrealname
Polytech. is the team with the best shot at beating Smyrna. I hope they get in the tournament and think they will. If they have their full lineup and win the toss they can beat anyone.
Cape beat Poly by 15 when they wrestled so can not count them out guys

Ok, I don't know what the answer is but I would just like to have the top six teams battle for a dual states title. The fact that Middletown won last year may have meant that they were one of the six best and should have been there (I'm too lazy to go back and see if they would have made it without the autobid). And just to be clear, I don't think that winning your conference should be rewarded by dual states if you are not top six. Conference Champion is your reward. I have nothing but respect for the Charter team (I didn't think about them specifically, and just reviewed thread and saw their name) and know that they have a few guys that can go with anyone in the state. They are a good team so I am making a general statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravensrooster2
To be clear, either Tech or Central would have gotten in if it wasn't for the BH Auto Bid.

Youjustme, I get it. The problem here is, if teams don't wrestle each other, who is better? Match ups are everything. A BH team is forced to fill their schedule with BH competition. They only have opportunities for a couple out of conference matches.

Reactions: youjustme
I think if Poly gets in they definitely can make some noise. They are a diverse team as far as people bumping up and down, the beginning of the year they didn't have a full team against CR and Cape I don't think. Eric Buckson has done a great job with this team, hope to see them at State Duals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT