ADVERTISEMENT

States Saturday

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Just starting a new states thread.. SO was 132 the only upsets? Just cursory browsing the backets it seems 1 thru 4 held serve for the most part

Just starting a new states thread.. SO was 132 the only upsets? Just cursory browsing the backets it seems 1 thru 4 held serve for the most part
195 bottom bracket 10 over 2
Though the 10 was a former placer still a pretty decent upset

Thode flipped the script on Chas in semis. Lost 10-8 @Milford Invitational in Dec, and took 12-2 major today. 113 finals match vs Spence should be a good one

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
Messick overcomes 2 previous close defeats to Poore from Caravel and gets the 1-0 squeaker win. Does he have anything for Giampetro? Last week in Conf finals down 5 late, Messick went for a throw to tie the score and almost had Giampetro before he sagged last second put Messick on his back for the 12-2 win.

Thode flipped the script on Chas in semis. Lost 10-8 @Milford Invitational in Dec, and took 12-2 major today. 113 finals match vs Spence should be a good one
I’ve got my money on Thode. He looked hungry. Was a bit shocked to see wright fall as well

I have
Messick
Thode
Nat
Jaxson
Caruso
Nat
Dean
Degrafinreed
Copes
Bell
Handlin
Ott
Harp
Schirmer

All henlopen but 170

Reactions: 84rider
Speaking of Jaxson- someone asked me what happened in his semi’s match but I didn’t see it. Some kind of controversial call they said? Same thing for dagrafeneed/Curries match- I saw parts of that one

Speaking of Jaxson- someone asked me what happened in his semi’s match but I didn’t see it. Some kind of controversial call they said? Same thing for dagrafeneed/Curries match- I saw parts of that one
Smyrna got injured and st Georges got 3 back plus choice not really controversial. He was limping rest of day though. Cape got called for a stall warning then a locked hands, then a ticky tack stall on a out of bounds mat return. The last infraction was 2 points and choice for cr . However ref restarted and let them wrestle 30 seconds in neutral before they stopped and gave choice. Very strange.

Smyrna got injured and st Georges got 3 back plus choice not really controversial. He was limping rest of day though. Cape got called for a stall warning then a locked hands, then a ticky tack stall on a out of bounds mat return. The last infraction was 2 points and choice for cr . However ref restarted and let them wrestle 30 seconds in neutral before they stopped and gave choice. Very strange.
Gotcha, thanks

Before we all see how everthing turns out with the finals, all i can think about is how this crop of young talent is gonna represent DE wrestling at national level tourneys. Seems to have been awhile, if ever, that this many 8th graders, freshman, and sophmores are so competitive. I'm really excited to see just how well some of these wrestlers do as they mature.

Reactions: Dahammer23
True..there seems to be a lot of clubs throughout the state now, so we’ll see how that impacts wrestling at the high school level and beyond. Although watching them in elementary is pretty fun also.

I was wondering if Coach Harris has kept Smyrna's post match tradition alive when crowning an individual state champ?

Overall a Great championship round with quality wrestling and some really good match ups. Good sportsmanship across the board, a few minor things here and there but overall the kids has their moment and it was a great night. I wasn’t a fan of the kid “shushing” the opposing team’s coaches but we’ve seen that a time or two. And wow, Latch- nice job! Congrats to all the new champions!

Agree. Great Finals. The young upstate kids were very impressive. Delaware definitely has a bright future and I'd say the gap with the Henlopen has narrowed

Overall a Great championship round with quality wrestling and some really good match ups. Good sportsmanship across the board, a few minor things here and there but overall the kids has their moment and it was a great night. I wasn’t a fan of the kid “shushing” the opposing team’s coaches but we’ve seen that a time or two. And wow, Latch- nice job! Congrats to all the new champions!
Agree with some of that. Sportsmanship was iffy with some teams. The shushing was low class imo but maybe there’s some history we aren’t aware of. Schneider was impressive, little Nat beating Gray was a good one and with no disrespect to Hudson but felt Shirmer shoulda got a stall call in OT. Know it’s not a popular call but happens. What do I know tho ;) :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT