ADVERTISEMENT

Tariq Ingraham

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
Ingraham is not currently playing for Salesianum. According to coach Haley, "He has some things to work on," and the team is there for him. I will not speculate about why he is out. Other than the postseason, this could not have come at a worse time for the Sals. They have Sanford, Appo, St. Elizabeth and Mount in the next four games. I am pulling for the kid and hope he's back soon.

W
Ingraham is not currently playing for Salesianum. According to coach Haley, "He has some things to work on," and the team is there for him. I will not speculate about why he is out. Other than the postseason, this could not have come at a worse time for the Sals. They have Sanford, Appo, St. Elizabeth and Mount in the next four games. I am pulling for the kid and hope he's back soon.
Well Sallies done then.. Wish the best for him..

Salesianum does enforce a higher standard of academics. The students do have the opportunity to fix things and return. Not saying this is what's going on right now.

If he was totally dominating this would Of never happened imo . Sad those AAU guys sent all those kids there off the donate hype. They quickly found out about the history there. Mount and caraval benefiting now. Big kid should of went some where with good coaching, a staff that could develop him during the season and school where he could be successful academic wise. I know a couple good pub schools for you lol private ain't for everyone

C
If he was totally dominating this would Of never happened imo . Sad those AAU guys sent all those kids there off the donate hype. They quickly found out about the history there. Mount and caraval benefiting now. Big kid should of went some where with good coaching, a staff that could develop him during the season and school where he could be successful academic wise. I know a couple good pub schools for you lol private ain't for everyone
Cant dominate if coaching and players dont get him the ball.. My opinion he should leave after this year but not this way....smh

Ingram parents should call Stan and transfer out of Sallies right now... Kid got 2 years left... Put him wit Davis...

Where would you like to see Ingraham. If he can't stay at sallies . For fun what coach would get the best out of him if he couldn't afford private school

C

Cant dominate if coaching and players dont get him the ball.. My opinion he should leave after this year but not this way....smh
His lack of domination is on him! Not the coaches or other players. A similar 6'8 player dominated there a few years back under the same staff.

@FoulShots like I said in a earlier post, school or should I say academics isn't for everyone, look at the Kentucky bb program, littered with one and dones. it is also the reason for the inflated enrollment in tech schools in the U.S. as of late. There is also a surge in online colleges, people realizing the only way for promotions at work is continuing education especially the military. In a perfect world kids should work on their academics because we all know the chances of going to the pros is very slim. The old saying " use sports to get a free education" has turned into so much hype over "the players " I think in some cases the kids feel they are entitled to or a lock to play for $$$, when these kids fail in school and don't make it big time, they come back to Delaware with nothing but a high school reputation and are occasionally mentioned on Depreps as one of the best players and that's it......doesn't put food on the table or pay the gas bill. I'm rambling so it is what it is, this kids need to learn the harsh truth not the hype

Non
Where would you like to see Ingraham. If he can't stay at sallies . For fun what coach would get the best out of him if he couldn't afford private school
None of them... If he cant get to Stan . should leave DE...

Leave DE for what? A school that will let him play another year or one that will force him to take academics seriously?.. At some point no matter the athletic ability the kid needs to be held accountable..no different than any other kid who may not be so athletically gifted.. Sallies is right to hold the kid to their standards. That is what you are paying for and it would be right for the kid to get in line and get back on the team.. Him running too a basketball academy who is only interested in his talent is a bad move.. and doesnt do anything to solve the real problem

A scholarship to play ball in college is not a meal ticket..Its a chest pound for the parents buts thats it.. If the kid is not academically prepared to turn the opportunity into a employable degree than is a waste of time for everyone involved..

It is a "school" sport after all. If it is academic hopefully he hits the books and get back.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see him at mount next year. Move him to center and develop Cramer on the outside

W

Why not.. Sit out rest of year at San Ford .. Finish last 2 years there.. I didnt say play this year there..

Hard to a waiver going from private to private, especially a hardship waiver going to a more expensive school. Also difficult to get parent to humble themselves if its not true.

Reactions: 84rider
If you get accepted into a private school for your athletic ability you still have to do the work or you will be ousted.. No matter how good of a baller you are they will not sacrifice their college acceptance numbers for you. College acceptance numbers determine the tuition Its about money

If you get accepted into a private school for your athletic ability you still have to do the work or you will be ousted.. No matter how good of a baller you are they will not sacrifice their college acceptance numbers for you. College acceptance numbers determine the tuition Its about money
Many confuse Salesianum as a "sports" school. It is anything but!

@eagle control, great academics but don't get it twisted, the broom st boys are a all around athletics powerhouses in the 302 i.e. Football, Baseball, wrestling, lacrosse, recently basketball heck they are usually top 10 in tiddlywinks.

Reactions: FoulShots
With a 1000 male students that rivals the bigger schools in the 302 male student populations. They are supposed to be a sports powerhouse, just saying of course

Reactions: life lessons
@FoulShots like I said in a earlier post, school or should I say academics isn't for everyone, look at the Kentucky bb program, littered with one and dones. it is also the reason for the inflated enrollment in tech schools in the U.S. as of late. There is also a surge in online colleges, people realizing the only way for promotions at work is continuing education especially the military. In a perfect world kids should work on their academics because we all know the chances of going to the pros is very slim. The old saying " use sports to get a free education" has turned into so much hype over "the players " I think in some cases the kids feel they are entitled to or a lock to play for $$$, when these kids fail in school and don't make it big time, they come back to Delaware with nothing but a high school reputation and are occasionally mentioned on Depreps as one of the best players and that's it......doesn't put food on the table or pay the gas bill. I'm rambling so it is what it is, this kids need to learn the harsh truth not the hype
84, not sure what your message is? Academics should come first, doubt he will play in the league. Most have the ability to handle the academics with work. Not everyone is cut out for honor roll levels but minimum competency is attainable.

@FoulShots, please read before you get confused, I understand academics should come first but unfortunately that is not always the case. Maybe you and I come from two different places. I'm not gonna get into the social and economic aspects that effect academics like having an involved parent or parents that hold there kids accountable to make sure they study and work hard. This must be a shock to you but a lot of kids are in situations where no ones pays attention to school work and the kids would rather hang out with the boys. Obviously you probably come from a family sheltered environment. Not everybody is blessed to have a solid support system, some had the streets as our support system, that's where we learned about life and what you need to do to survive. Yes these kids have the ability to do well enough to play sports but whether they choose to use that ability is another story believe me been there, done it and got the scars.

@eagle control, Sallies is a sports school. As well as academics but with 1000 plus boys attending, if 1 in 5 has athletic talent, do the math, that's a lot of athletes. Most probably have means to personal trainers $$$$. Like I said great academics but it is a sports school also

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT