ADVERTISEMENT

Tariq Ingraham

Leave DE for what? A school that will let him play another year or one that will force him to take academics seriously?.. At some point no matter the athletic ability the kid needs to be held accountable..no different than any other kid who may not be so athletically gifted.. Sallies is right to hold the kid to their standards. That is what you are paying for and it would be right for the kid to get in line and get back on the team.. Him running too a basketball academy who is only interested in his talent is a bad move.. and doesnt do anything to solve the real problem
People like you are what makes this message board a bad thing. YOU have no idea the circumstances of why what happened happened but you have an opinion about it based off of nothing. Do your homework first before you make these kind of statements

7-4 right now, final 9 games:

@ Sanford
vs. St. E
@ Appo
@ Mount
vs. Brandywine
vs. St. Mark's
vs. Friends
@ Sussex Tech
vs. Concord

10-10 to 12-8 isn't impossible even without Ingraham. They'll make the tournament.

7-4 right now, final 9 games:

@ Sanford
vs. St. E
@ Appo
@ Mount
vs. Brandywine
vs. St. Mark's
vs. Friends
@ Sussex Tech
vs. Concord

10-10 to 12-8 isn't impossible even without Ingraham. They'll make the tournament.
Yea they will.. But then Wat?? Reality is they have no shot.. Lets keep it real ...

I'm sure they are, that's why I don't think they get blown out but no way I can honestly say with Sallies losing their best player I can't favor them against Mount haha.

Reactions: 84rider
I FEEL SORRY THE KID. HE IS A SOLID TALENT FOR THE DELAWARE AREA. OUTSIDE OF DELAWARE HE IS ANOTHER 6’8 POWER FORWARD. THE GOOD THING IS HE IS ONLY IN THE 10 GRADE. HE IS STILL YOUNG. BUT FOR LOOKING AT ALL OF THIS IS THAT THIS IS THE SECOND KID THAT HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO FAIL OFF THERE PROGRAM( AND THIS IS BASED ON WHAT I HEARD ABOUT HIM IS TRUE). I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AN ESTABLISHED PRIVATE SCHOOL HAS ALLOWED TWO OF THERE STRONG YOUNG PROMINANTE PLAYERS WAS ALLOWED TO HAVE THAT HAPPEN. NOT SURE WHAT TYPE ASSITANCE THERE GIVNING FOR KIDS THAT ARE STRUGGLING IN THERE CLASSROOMS AS A PART OF THERE ATHLETIC PROGRAM. NOW THAT’S WHAT I SEE ABOUT THE SCHOOL SIDE OF THIS. BUT THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THE PARENTS, AAU COACHES, AND ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBER THAT JUST THESE TWO GUYS NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY. I HAVE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE SOME OF THE FAILURES OF THIS SITUATION TO THOSE PEOPLE. AS WELL AS HIM FOR NOT ASKING FOR HELP FOR WAHTEVER THE SITUATION FOR HIM NOT TO BE ON THE TEAM AND PLAYING. I HEAR SOME OF THESE KIDS TELL THERE FRIENDS THAT ARE THE SUPERSTARS OF THESE TERAMS “MAN YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO CLASS. YOU’RE THE STAR OF THE TEAM.” I WILL STEAL A LINE FROM A MOVIE. “SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU NOT TO GO TO CLASS OR DO YOUR WORK, BUT SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER TELL YOU TO DO SO.” I HOPE THAT BOTH KIDS CAN FIX THIS AND MOVE PAST IT AND GET BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND USE THIS AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE THAT THEY CAN LOOK BACK ON. I HATE TO SEE ANY KID LOSE OUT ON A FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION. BUT THE SCHOOL HAS TO DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING THERE ATHLETES PROGRESS FOR GRADES SO THEY TOO SHOUJLDNT HAVE THIS HAPPEN ANYMORE.. A LEARINING SITUATION FOR EVERYONE..

I FEEL SORRY THE KID. HE IS A SOLID TALENT FOR THE DELAWARE AREA. OUTSIDE OF DELAWARE HE IS ANOTHER 6’8 POWER FORWARD. THE GOOD THING IS HE IS ONLY IN THE 10 GRADE. HE IS STILL YOUNG. BUT FOR LOOKING AT ALL OF THIS IS THAT THIS IS THE SECOND KID THAT HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO FAIL OFF THERE PROGRAM( AND THIS IS BASED ON WHAT I HEARD ABOUT HIM IS TRUE). I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AN ESTABLISHED PRIVATE SCHOOL HAS ALLOWED TWO OF THERE STRONG YOUNG PROMINANTE PLAYERS WAS ALLOWED TO HAVE THAT HAPPEN. NOT SURE WHAT TYPE ASSITANCE THERE GIVNING FOR KIDS THAT ARE STRUGGLING IN THERE CLASSROOMS AS A PART OF THERE ATHLETIC PROGRAM. NOW THAT’S WHAT I SEE ABOUT THE SCHOOL SIDE OF THIS. BUT THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THE PARENTS, AAU COACHES, AND ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBER THAT JUST THESE TWO GUYS NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY. I HAVE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE SOME OF THE FAILURES OF THIS SITUATION TO THOSE PEOPLE. AS WELL AS HIM FOR NOT ASKING FOR HELP FOR WAHTEVER THE SITUATION FOR HIM NOT TO BE ON THE TEAM AND PLAYING. I HEAR SOME OF THESE KIDS TELL THERE FRIENDS THAT ARE THE SUPERSTARS OF THESE TERAMS “MAN YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO CLASS. YOU’RE THE STAR OF THE TEAM.” I WILL STEAL A LINE FROM A MOVIE. “SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU NOT TO GO TO CLASS OR DO YOUR WORK, BUT SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER TELL YOU TO DO SO.” I HOPE THAT BOTH KIDS CAN FIX THIS AND MOVE PAST IT AND GET BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND USE THIS AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE THAT THEY CAN LOOK BACK ON. I HATE TO SEE ANY KID LOSE OUT ON A FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION. BUT THE SCHOOL HAS TO DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING THERE ATHLETES PROGRESS FOR GRADES SO THEY TOO SHOUJLDNT HAVE THIS HAPPEN ANYMORE.. A LEARINING SITUATION FOR EVERYONE..

THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THE PARENTS, AAU COACHES, AND ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBER THAT JUST THESE TWO GUYS NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY. AS WELL AS HIM

Glad to see you also put accountability on who is truly responsible. I would dismiss the AAU coaches and aunts, uncles and grandparents too. Ultimately it all rests with the student and parents. I know they have academic supports at Salesianum for struggling students, but so much in life rest upon the individual to "go get it", whatever the "it" may be. A job or an education won't just arrive, effort is involved as are passing grades. This societal "why didn't they" doesn't wash in some schools, especially private. I truly hope a life lesson is learned here as well.

Reactions: Lazertron
THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THE PARENTS, AAU COACHES, AND ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBER THAT JUST THESE TWO GUYS NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY. AS WELL AS HIM

Glad to see you also put accountability on who is truly responsible. I would dismiss the AAU coaches and aunts, uncles and grandparents too. Ultimately it all rests with the student and parents. I know they have academic supports at Salesianum for struggling students, but so much in life rest upon the individual to "go get it", whatever the "it" may be. A job or an education won't just arrive, effort is involved as are passing grades. This societal "why didn't they" doesn't wash in some schools, especially private. I truly hope a life lesson is learned here as well.

WELL THE ONLY REASON WHY I SAY AAU COACHES. BECAUSE SOMETIME THEY ARE PART OF THIS BIG CONGLOMORATE AAU PROGRAM TAHT HAVE SOME AFFECT ON THE KIDS AND THE PARENTS. HOPEFULLY THERE NOW GETTING AHEAD OF THIS AND GETTING THIS KID BACK ON THE RIGHT PATH. (IF THIS IS THE REAL REASON HE WAS TAKEN OFF THE TEAM). SPEAKING FOR MYSELF I DONT LIKE SEEING SOME OF OUR TALENT BE A SHOULDA, WOULDA, AND COULDA.. WE HAVE ENOUGH THEM AROUND HERE

Let me make this clear first; I think the player and his/her parents are ultimately responsible to see that they take care of business academically. But also let's look at it from a educational point of view, coaches should be an extension of teachers and as part of an educational system where does their accountability to the school or other players lay. Other players who had not been getting playing time, players who will now be forced to move to another position or play a different role, teammates who where counting on the suspended player to make a playoff run.

If I were a coach I would get mid-term grades and if a player has less then a C, they would be required to do study halls or get a tutor. Why wait to for it to happen to react and avoid the embarrassment of the player and the school?

Last edited:
WELL THE ONLY REASON WHY I SAY AAU COACHES. BECAUSE SOMETIME THEY ARE PART OF THIS BIG CONGLOMORATE AAU PROGRAM TAHT HAVE SOME AFFECT ON THE KIDS AND THE PARENTS. HOPEFULLY THERE NOW GETTING AHEAD OF THIS AND GETTING THIS KID BACK ON THE RIGHT PATH. (IF THIS IS THE REAL REASON HE WAS TAKEN OFF THE TEAM). SPEAKING FOR MYSELF I DONT LIKE SEEING SOME OF OUR TALENT BE A SHOULDA, WOULDA, AND COULDA.. WE HAVE ENOUGH THEM AROUND HERE
Bro check your caps lock button I think it might be on

SMH.....

Let me make this clear first; I think the player and his/her parents are ultimately responsible to see that they take care of business academically. But also let's look at it from a educational point of view, coaches should be an extension of teachers and as part of an educational system where does their accountability to the school or other players lay. Other players who had not been getting playing time, players who will now be forced to move to another position or play a different role, teammates who where counting on the suspended player to make a playoff run.

If I were a coach I would get mid-term grades and if a player has less then a C, they would be required to do study halls or get a tutor. Why wait to for it to happen to react and avoid the embarrassment of the player and the school?
Finally somebody with sense. we got people on here blaming everybody but who they are supposed to blame. The delaware basketball community is terrible and I'm glad the top talents leaves and becomes successful

agree with responsibility point but disagree strongly with the DE basketball community! The DE message board community has more than its fair share of wack jobs and negative, angry people. Hard to find positive posts! I personally dont like watching talent leak out of the state. Player/ parents do it for a host reasons. A lot of them leave for personal reasons which I understand others leave for better opportunities that DE cant provide. The ones that have stayed found success on the next level...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT