lake
ir
tower hill
st mark's?
delmar?
Woodbridge?
gets a little fuzzy after 5
just a guess

i read the seeding criteria. anything is possible when you get to voting there lol
I doubt it though . we shall see

In D2 McKean should actually make it because I believe the will be Blue Hen Conference Champs and I think that is an automatic bid

Any updated predictions/news from the committee? A lot of results yesterday. Sallies had a big weekend! Anything in D2?

McKean autobid needs to be revisited. They struggled to field a legit competitive team.

Any updated predictions/news from the committee? A lot of results yesterday. Sallies had a big weekend! Anything in D2?

McKean autobid needs to be revisited. They struggled to field a legit competitive team.
I agree with you on the McKean thing...they got beat by Tower Hill handedly...I know they were suppoae to meet at 9 and was hoping they would be streaming it but couldn't find one

The auto bid does need to be revisited but at least this Mckean team might be the best Flight B rep for the last 4-5 years.

Reactions: ColonialGrad
The auto bid does need to be revisited but at least this Mckean team might be the best Flight B rep for the last 4-5 years.
Yeah, so that really says something. It does not appear to be a very impressive squad and it's good relative to other Flight B reps.

No offense to them but how does Delmar make it with a 4-7 record.. and now they have a 2 hour bus ride up north on Wednesday.

No offense to them but how does Delmar make it with a 4-7 record.. and now they have a 2 hour bus ride up north on Wednesday.
It’s all common opponents and head to head. Depends on who wins were against. They were next team up. I like the panel gets together and makes sure best teams are in and not teams with best records. Allows teams to go out of state and challenge themselves. The auto bid needs to be revisited. Especially if they go back to 4-6 teams.

Last edited:
273367513_355600336566833_7266332560111074578_n.jpg

Reactions: Longagoplayer
How is AI dupont 9-4 and st. marks 6-4-1 not in over delmar 4-7???? am i missing something? and how is delmar the 7th seed over mckean at 11-2???

how is delmar the 7th seed over mckean at

Item 2. Tournament Field

A. The Division I and II tournament fields shall consist of eight (8) teams in each Division.

1. The Division I tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight A Champion, the Henlopen North Champion and six (6) at-large teams.

2. The Division II tournament field shall consist of the Blue Hen Flight B Champion, the Henlopen South Champion and six (6) at-large teams.

B. The State Wrestling Committee (SWC) will select at-large teams for both Division I and Division II tournaments and determine the order of seeding of both tournament fields.

1. All teams wishing to be considered for selection, including automatic qualifiers, shall complete the application included in this manual and forward to the DIAA Executive Director no later than noon on Friday, February 4, 2022.

2. The following criteria are used by the SWC to determine selection and seeding:
a. Head-to-head competition,
b. regular season competition results against common opponents,
c. strength of schedule,
d. additional information provided on the application. Coaches are encouraged to provide any information they feel will assist the SWC in selecting and seeding their team accurately.

C. Seeding: Teams in each division will be seeded #1 through #8 in a traditional 8 team bracket. In the event that eight teams do not apply, seed #1 would get a bye followed by seed #2 that would get the second bye. There would be no change to the brackets once the tournament starts.

Hopefully things will get back to some semblance of normal by next season because looking through there were still a lot of cancelations throughout the state and that could have had a bigger effect on the selection. Overall I think both divisions really have the top 8. I was shocked at first when I saw delmar but kind of understand it now.

Reactions: ColonialGrad
sals cape Smyrna are favorites. milford doesn't have the firepower right now. st g and wp don't have the points. cr and sc can keep it close and will need a few swing matches

Reactions: BigMike52
I think Cape has the best chance. Plenty of room for upsets but in the end I still think Cape is the #1 team in D1

If Sals can get healthy they would beat Cape, but that's a huge "if". They haven't been healthy all year so it's not likely to happen in a week.

If CR is healthy especially at the bigs they have a legitimate shot to win it all imo

If CR is healthy especially at the bigs they have a legitimate shot to win it all imo
I think it would be close but they had their full team and lost to both sallies and DMA. I think Cape wins from 145 up minus 182.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT