ADVERTISEMENT

The comprehensive DSSAA/DIAA football tournament year to year thread

Couldn’t disagree more, 1st off why are you lumping Archmere-Woodbridge-DMA together. They are not in the category of any of those teams could beat the other on any given day. Archmere is clearly the best out of those three and it isn’t close. From what I saw in the championship Archmere would beat Woodbridge probably 9 times if they played 10 times. Archmere completely dominated Woodbridge. Game looked over in 2nd quarter. As far as Archmere/DMA, DMA had two shots at Archmere, one at home and one at a neutral site, and came away with a loss both times. One was close and one was a blowout. So don’t lump them together, Archmere is the clear class of 2A and it isn’t even close. I believe Archmere(this years team) would beat Dover, Sallies, or St. George’s for sure. Now let’s look at Archmere vs either Middletown or Smyrna, I think Archmere would absolutely have opportunities to beat both those teams and if they played 10 times Archmere could win probably 4 times, but that being said, in any one game I would take both Middletown and Smyrna over Archmere in a close game. All I am trying to say is after watching the championship games and a couple of the big games this year, Archmere looks a lot closer to both Middletown and Smyrna than either DMA or Woodbridge look to Archmere. Also, it was pretty obvious that DMA was the 2nd best team in 2A given the absolute dominating fashion that Archmere beat Woodbridge.
Hey its all good brother difference of opinion. And I think Archmere would lose 10 out of 10 to both Smyrna and Middletown, just like every other team in the state.

Bringing this thread back to the front of anyone who wants to brush up on their Delaware HS Football state tournament history.

Woodbridge beats DMA. The wanna-be tough guy crap DMA likes to try would have bounced right off the Woodbridge guys because they're for real tough guys. Archmere was firing on all cylinders in the championship game, and yes, if they played that game against Middletown or Smyrna, they win.

Bringing this thread back to the front because I need to remind myself to add the 2022 state tournament results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT