ADVERTISEMENT

The Disrespect!

Dec 24, 2011
I find it very troubling that only certain former players get love on this forum. Donte gets praise and he should. Trevor Cooney gets some love which is good as well. Its always something about Anthony Mosely which I could care less about honestly. He's always been hyped up by his pops I guess but if we cared we could go see him lose most of his games a UD. But I digress. Why does Mikey Dixon get NO LOVE on here. He is now a starter at his D1 program he attends and is averaging close to 20ppg. His lowest scoring output was 8 all season. Which has been rare for him. He just scored 29pts on 7/9 shooting from the field! His only two missed shots were from 3pt fg where he still went 3/5. Mikey was 12 for 15 from the free throw line! Show the kid some love, he's out there representing playing hard every night.

Reactions: pitt8179
Why does Mikey Dixon get NO LOVE on here. He is now a starter at his D1 program he attends and is averaging close to 20ppg. His lowest scoring output was 8 all season. Which has been rare for him. He just scored 29pts on 7/9 shooting from the field! His only two missed shots were from 3pt fg where he still went 3/5. Mikey was 12 for 15 from the free throw line! Show the kid some love, he's out there representing playing hard every night.
People are talking about Dixon at the games I've attended, His performance tonight was duly noted on Twitter by several people. Last season, A.J. English was talked about a ton, as was Bentil. I've seen Juwan Gray mentioned on here more than once. He has cracked the starting lineup for San Diego. This is not just a DD/Moseley forum.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
People are talking about Dixon at the games I've attended, His performance tonight was duly noted on Twitter by several people. Last season, A.J. English was talked about a ton, as was Bentil. I've seen Juwan Gray mentioned on here more than once. He has cracked the starting lineup for San Diego. This is not just a DD/Moseley forum.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing giving kids props but I don't recall seeing a thread dedicated to how well Mikey is doing nvm the fact that he is a freshman. I remember AJ getting love and Ben getting love as well. Mikey is avg almost 20ppg 91% from the charity stripe and 48% from the field.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing giving kids props but I don't recall seeing a thread dedicated to how well Mikey is doing nvm the fact that he is a freshman. I remember AJ getting love and Ben getting love as well. Mikey is avg almost 20ppg 91% from the charity stripe and 48% from the field.
He's averaging that at quinnipiac a school most wouldn't glance at if he wasn't going there and from Delaware .. I get what your saying but it's not extraordinary , English was a leading scorer in the nation still nobody talked about that much because it was with Iona which is in the same conference. people talk about donte cause he doing it on the big stage playing with Villanova you've got every team gunning for you not only for being number one but previous champion they get postseason effort from opponents every night can't say the same about mikey not knocking the kid he's a 302 legend among With many listed

Reactions: soccer07
He's averaging that at quinnipiac a school most wouldn't glance at if he wasn't going there and from Delaware .. I get what your saying but it's not extraordinary , English was a leading scorer in the nation still nobody talked about that much because it was with Iona which is in the same conference. people talk about donte cause he doing it on the big stage playing with Villanova you've got every team gunning for you not only for being number one but previous champion they get postseason effort from opponents every night can't say the same about mikey not knocking the kid he's a 302 legend among With many listed

A.J wasn't a freshman and we talked about AJ last year pretty frequently. I'm not talking about the nation I'm speaking about us on here who are interested and supporting Delaware basketball. Yes Donte is doing pretty good and has gotten better as the season has gone on but he also gets a lot of open looks. I'm not attempting to knock one kid to elevate another here. All I'm saying is we can show Mikey some love as well.

He playing with a stack Nova team.. With a player of year candidate.. But he is doing Well..

I talk about mikey with my peers all the time. Donte probably gets more attention because he's making an impact on the number 1 team and defending national champion. Wish nothing but the best for both of them.

24/7 You are spot on about MD season and that only certain players get hyped. Instead of complaining about him not getting props and getting a bit negative, go ahead start a positive thread about him and his season and others will follow.
We are all equal on this forum!

24/7 You are spot on about MD season and that only certain players get hyped. Instead of complaining about him not getting props and getting a bit negative, go ahead start a positive thread about him and his season and others will follow.
Correct.

LOL disrespect! you are free to start a thread for MD like MrBB44 did for "the champ" but this is a "high school" forum we tend to stick with that.. Its great some kids go on to play in college but its not like they are curing cancer or doing something to help mankind.. Its a damn game ... I would much rather hear about DE kids who became doctors,teachers or are serving us all in the military than one kid who is doing well putting a orange ball through a hoop..JMHO
"

LOL disrespect! you are free to start a thread for MD like MrBB44 did for "the champ" but this is a "high school" forum we tend to stick with that.. Its great some kids go on to play in college but its not like they are curing cancer or doing something to help mankind.. Its a damn game ... I would much rather hear about DE kids who became doctors,teachers or are serving us all in the military than one kid who is doing well putting a orange ball through a hoop..JMHO
"
I swear I was thinking the same thing. Its a high school sport site. Go to the football page. Lots of kids playing in college and doing well. The old St. Marks QB just ended a great career at Sheppard University?
The best way to get people not to care is overload us, example "champ", or beg/whine about disrespect. The national stage comment is right on. Don't really remember tons on Cooney either till he really started playing a lot.

Where ever you go with this, help the kid and don't turn it into a 15 page continuing thread.... Please?

I find it very troubling that only certain former players get love on this forum. Donte gets praise and he should. Trevor Cooney gets some love which is good as well. Its always something about Anthony Mosely which I could care less about honestly. He's always been hyped up by his pops I guess but if we cared we could go see him lose most of his games a UD. But I digress. Why does Mikey Dixon get NO LOVE on here. He is now a starter at his D1 program he attends and is averaging close to 20ppg. His lowest scoring output was 8 all season. Which has been rare for him. He just scored 29pts on 7/9 shooting from the field! His only two missed shots were from 3pt fg where he still went 3/5. Mikey was 12 for 15 from the free throw line! Show the kid some love, he's out there representing playing hard every night.

So instead of promoting how well MD is playing you chose to chide people for not mentioning him more. Further, you find this "very troubling". You must be a real gem to be around.

Blame the News Journal. Kid plays out of state and you think they moved to France. No coverage. I make it a point to follow the local kids. Khalid Hart has been his teams leading scorer for last 3 years and you never hear anything. Donte and Cooney get attention because they play for national programs. Champ because he plays for UD.

I find it very troubling that only certain former players get love on this forum. Donte gets praise and he should. Trevor Cooney gets some love which is good as well. Its always something about Anthony Mosely which I could care less about honestly. He's always been hyped up by his pops I guess but if we cared we could go see him lose most of his games a UD.

Wow 247

Champ 3 times in Championship game, 2 time State Champion, 2 time National Champion, Middle school champion, Honor roll student since middle school to current according to his pops... Plus he plays for one of the best schools in the country for academics. It's sad you would post you could care less about my sons role model. He read this and came to me saddened... Guess there's to much good stuff for you. No hype just facts.

I clearly said I'm not bashing any other kid getting props but we need to be equal and share the love. Support our kids who are out there doing positive things in sports or just in life in general.

"

That orange ball is a tool and who's to say that these kids aren't using it as such. Heck Trevor Cooney was trying to be the AD at Syracuse year. Basketball is a vehicle to get to those things. Mann from Middletown years ago chose to go to Stanford bc he wanted to become a Dr.

I swear I was thinking the same thing. Its a high school sport site. Go to the football page. Lots of kids playing in college and doing well. The old St. Marks QB just ended a great career at Sheppard University?
The best way to get people not to care is overload us, example "champ", or beg/whine about disrespect. The national stage comment is right on. Don't really remember tons on Cooney either till he really started playing a lot.

Where ever you go with this, help the kid and don't turn it into a 15 page continuing thread.... Please?

I'm on a basketball thread I'm not looking into football. But props to any young person who goes on to be a great example to their peers. I will def never have a 15 page thread lol

Wow 247

Champ 3 times in Championship game, 2 time State Champion, 2 time National Champion, Middle school champion, Honor roll student since middle school to current according to his pops... Plus he plays for one of the best schools in the country for academics. It's sad you would post you could care less about my sons role model. He read this and came to me saddened... Guess there's to much good stuff for you. No hype just facts.

Sad about what? Bc there are more players who are also out there but I've had to see a thread about champ since as long as I can remember lol Its not sad I would post my opinion...its sad that you can't read my opinion and take it as just that my thought. Instead you give value to something that should really hold no value to you or your son. Ppl will always talk we as ppl can't change what they say only how we react to what they say.

Reactions: spartakos
That orange ball is a tool and who's to say that these kids aren't using it as such. Heck Trevor Cooney was trying to be the AD at Syracuse year. Basketball is a vehicle to get to those things. Mann from Middletown years ago chose to go to Stanford bc he wanted to become a Dr.
WTH lets start a thread for every kid from DE who s doing well in college..

Reactions: spartakos
WTH lets start a thread for every kid from DE who s doing well in college..

If that's what you want to do go ahead lol Burton is doing ok a Thiel...like a D3 school but he's doing ok. Larkin is at Niagra but doesn't really play. Hart has always been a leader at Marist.

Last edited:
Sad about what? Bc there are more players who are also out there but I've had to see a thread about champ since as long as I can remember lol Its not sad I would post my opinion...its sad that you can't read my opinion and take it as just that my thought. Instead you give value to something that should really hold no value to you or your son. Ppl will always talk we as ppl can't change what they say only how we react to what they say.

Sad because a kid from Dover who's resume can't be matched gets hated on because his Pops posted the facts that he has excelled on and off the court for a long time and you disrespect him by stating you could care less. Quite frankly I think you lack class and are blinded with envy.

Clearly your not from Dover where the recent history of our talented highly rated players hasn't gone so good. Recently Antwan Peace and the Hopkins kid are no longer playing ball for negative reasons. Others academically ineligible. Heck the list goes on and on with failures here. Not much role modeling going on around here. Just a bunch of young talent choosing wrong choices.

Finally, there is value when it comes to teenagers having someone to look up to who is a positive influence. There is also value to me as a parent to be able to go to Newark and talk with my son about him becoming a D1 player coming from Dover and pointing out to him academics first, character second, and basketball 3rd. Using someone that he relates to in many ways.

Reactions: 84rider
Bunch of snowflakes in this thread talking about respect.

You won't get it when you beg for it.

@basketball24/7 from now on you are @disrespect24/7. Whahhhhhhhhh.

Bunch of snowflakes in this thread talking about respect.

You won't get it when you beg for it.

@basketball24/7 from now on you are @disrespect24/7. Whahhhhhhhhh.

snowflakes? and I don't beg for respect from anyone on here. I was speaking about a kid from De that's doing good in college and hasn't gotten any respect. That's what I was speaking about. As for you an anyone else on here I don't know any of you personally to my knowledge so I lose no sleep over how you view what I speak on.

Quinnipiac is a lousy team in a lousy conference. Come on man.

It just might be and he may not be at a huge D1 program but he is still playing D1 ball and having a pretty good year. I'm not saying he is the second coming but he has been playing good basketball and is from De.

Sad because a kid from Dover who's resume can't be matched gets hated on because his Pops posted the facts that he has excelled on and off the court for a long time and you disrespect him by stating you could care less. Quite frankly I think you lack class and are blinded with envy.

Clearly your not from Dover where the recent history of our talented highly rated players hasn't gone so good. Recently Antwan Peace and the Hopkins kid are no longer playing ball for negative reasons. Others academically ineligible. Heck the list goes on and on with failures here. Not much role modeling going on around here. Just a bunch of young talent choosing wrong choices.

Finally, there is value when it comes to teenagers having someone to look up to who is a positive influence. There is also value to me as a parent to be able to go to Newark and talk with my son about him becoming a D1 player coming from Dover and pointing out to him academics first, character second, and basketball 3rd. Using someone that he relates to in many ways.

I don't care to continue seeing post about him constantly as someone stated 17 pages or something on here. Once again my opinion. Not once did I diminish what he does on or off the court. I said there are other players that I would love to see get love as well. Its great when anyone does anything positive in life in general which I've also stated. I hope the kid continues to do great in life going forward. I have no horse in the race I have no reason to envy anyone at all. As I clearly stated there are other kids doing great things in school. Lets spread the love around. High School forum or not these kids played H.S ball here and are doing good in college on the court and if they're playing they're obviously doing at least ok in school. If that's who your son looks up to then good for him. Not one time did I say champ was a bad kid or anything of the sort. Me being tired of seeing his name on here for years is strictly my opinion something you can choose to value or not choose to value either way its your choice.

Not
I don't care to continue seeing post about him constantly as someone stated 17 pages or something on here. Once again my opinion. Not once did I diminish what he does on or off the court. I said there are other players that I would love to see get love as well. Its great when anyone does anything positive in life in general which I've also stated. I hope the kid continues to do great in life going forward. I have no horse in the race I have no reason to envy anyone at all. As I clearly stated there are other kids doing great things in school. Lets spread the love around. High School forum or not these kids played H.S ball here and are doing good in college on the court and if they're playing they're obviously doing at least ok in school. If that's who your son looks up to then good for him. Not one time did I say champ was a bad kid or anything of the sort. Me being tired of seeing his name on here for years is strictly my opinion something you can choose to value or not choose to value either way its your choice.
Smh... I agree he not even that good a Player...

9th leading freshman in division 1 isn't bad wherever your playing I retract my previous statements . I hope this kid can do something with this I wouldn't say nba but overseas could definitely be a possibility people talk about free education that's a free experience of a new culture and sights along with playing new styles best of luck to md thanks to whoever started this thread got me looking into him

Reactions: basketball24/7
9th leading freshman in division 1 isn't bad wherever your playing I retract my previous statements . I hope this kid can do something with this I wouldn't say nba but overseas could definitely be a possibility people talk about free education that's a free experience of a new culture and sights along with playing new styles best of luck to md thanks to whoever started this thread got me looking into him

That's all I was saying when I started the thread. Give the kid some love he is doing good. He was the teams leading scorer coming off the bench. Somebody said Gray is starting now in San Diego...Props to him too! Anybody from De. that is being positive and productive gets respect from me.

That's all I was saying when I started the thread. Give the kid some love he is doing good. He was the teams leading scorer coming off the bench. Somebody said Gray is starting now in San Diego...Props to him too! Anybody from De. that is being positive and productive gets respect from me.
Agree 100% if they are from Delaware they have nothing but my support and best wishes it's a small state gotta stick together

I respect what all our young men are doing reguardless of Division or Conference. I think Mikey could do just as good at Villanova given the chance. Props to Mikey and all our DE Ballers.

Reactions: 84rider and jvm3
(With all due respect to Mikey) Are you serious? Villanova is an NCAA powerhouse. Quite a step up from Quinnipicaicc or however you spell it.
Nova stacked.. Mikey would play well with them too... Got 3 or more NBA players on that team... Donte is lucky to play with all that talent.. But they will be leaving.. And thats when will really know Wat Donte can do...

Reactions: pitt8179
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT