ADVERTISEMENT

Time to rethink DIAA brackets Individual State Championships

Admittedly I’m out of the loop on upstate schools but what the hell is a Newark Charter?

They happened to choose the only camera that hasn’t worked well all weekend for finals. Not very happy... I’m nice and comfy- but not happy.

195 and 220 back to back matchups of nothing but stalling and both kids are victorious. Good job refs

Lol at Diaz. Crybaby. First you duck Hugo and Thompson and to move up to HWT and then you throw your headgear and lose lol.

Lol at Diaz. Crybaby. First you duck Hugo and Thompson and to move up to HWT and then you throw your headgear and lose lol.
It takes quite a mind to laugh at a young man who simply had an off night and knows nothing about him. He was never going to win at 220, his best option was HWT, so that is where he wrestled. Throwing his headgear out of frustration is not a great look, but it does not define Diaz.
Following tonight's loss, that "Crybaby" gave me an interview and spent a great deal of time praising Hudson and congratulating him for his strategy and victory.
I have known Diaz for the four years he has been at Milford and I can attest to what kind of person he is. He is a competitor that has excelled in both football and wrestling. More importantly, his teachers and coaches have offered nothing but praise for him over his career.

Last edited:
It takes quite a mind to laugh at a young man who simply had an off night and knows nothing about him. He was never going to win at 220, his best option was HWT, so that is where he wrestled. Throwing his headgear out of frustration is not a great look, but it does not define Diaz.
Following tonight's loss, that "Crybaby" gave me an interview and spent a great deal of time praising Hudson and congratulating him for his strategy and victory.
I have known Diaz for the four years he has been at Milford and can attest to what kind of person he is. He is a competitor that has excelled in both football and wrestling. More importantly, his teachers and coaches have offered nothing but praise for him over his career.
I actually think he thought the match was over for what its worth. He's been a good competitor and a tough kid for sure

He definitely thought the match was over that's why he took his ankle bands off. Also to say he threw his head gear is kind of a stretch he underhand tossed them towards his coaches and took his ankle bands off. I dont have a dog in this fight but to call a high school student a crybaby is kinda uncalled for. I hope your a high school student as well and maybe just immature if your a adult you should be ashamed of yourself.

This is very silly. What is the goal of every wrestler each season? To be a state champ. We always had upper class men wrestle off younger guys that had wrestled higher weight classes to get a better draw. In this case, he wrestled both weight classes all season. I am sure that he sat down with his coaches and decided the best way forward. Didn’t he go from one returning state champ to a different returning state champ? I would hardly call that running. I have been around quite a few kids that finished second, it is heart breaking for kids that wrestled for many years and given everything, especially seniors. To go on here and hear what I am suspecting is an “adult” that is a has been or never was to call you, your son, a family member, friend, student, or athlete a crybaby and laugh about it is terrible as it gets.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT