ADVERTISEMENT

Title Game Predictions

I never said Fry wasn't good.. I said the kid can play. Don't put words in my mouth...what I did say was that he played bad in last years title game and he also has just as many picks as wilson has. And that wilson had more yards than him. Those are all facts. The kid definitely is a ball player.. has things he can work on same way most talented high school kids do. Never said wilson was better either... they both have things they can do better
1st team All-State vs. nothing all-conference (Which is a joke). Those are the facts. For the record I think he is the second best QB in the state. As far as last year’s Championships game I think you’re being a little harsh. Fry was a 15 year old Sophomore and weather was a big factor. MT played from behind and had to throw on almost every down. They also made the teams use balls right out of the box. Anyone who’s played knows you can’t use a brand new ball without scuffing them a little to get the wax off. It was freezing cold and windy. How many passes did Henderson attempt? I think it was five. Wonder why??? You can say these are excuses but they were factors in his play. He’s not perfect. He’s a true, young Junior QB.

Last edited:
Listen man I'm not on here to talk bad about the kid and that what's you are doing to the wilson kid... sounds like you know Fry or have some kind of relationship. I'm not gonna do that...it's just funny that your getting upset about someone somewhat critizing the kids play and then turnaround and do the same thing to another kid trying to do the same thing for themselves as Fry is. Guess it's all good until something is directed your way.

I'm out though.. I come on every now and then.. start some trouble and then disappear.

Frys a heck of a player by the way... see how easy that was

Listen man I'm not on here to talk bad about the kid and that what's you are doing to the wilson kid... sounds like you know Fry or have some kind of relationship. I'm not gonna do that...it's just funny that your getting upset about someone somewhat critizing the kids play and then turnaround and do the same thing to another kid trying to do the same thing for themselves as Fry is. Guess it's all good until something is directed your way.

I'm out though.. I come on every now and then.. start some trouble and then disappear.

Frys a heck of a player by the way... see how easy that was
Never said a bad thing about Wilson. I personally know he’s a fine young man. You said Fry played awful last year. I thought we were debating who’s better? You want to take a poll? Not that we have to. The coaches already have. Debate over...

I was never debating who was better and you know just as much as I do the coaches voting, the all conference, all state process is a joke so that don't mean much to most.

Getting back to predictions, I predict that Fry and Wilson will throw to good receivers, miss some, make some, run a little, and do the best they can to help their teams win. I also predict that they will be good kids after the game is over regardless of the outcome. Oh, and both will be gracious when Smyrna wins 30-22. :)

Actually 8484 you may not of meant pickles but I assure you, that shoe fits lol

Actually 8484 you may not of meant pickles but I assure you, that shoe fits lol
I just think the juvenile comments about wives, girlfriends, mom's, etc don't belong in forum that has open discussion among grown men about high school and sometimes college athletes. It's high school locker room trash talk that has no place here. In other words " IF YOUR GUILTY OF THIS GROW UP. ::: To whomever that is guilty of conversing in this way.

Reactions: CHS89 and Bucsnot
D1 is at 1 pm
The unified championship is right after
D2 is 5:30 but it could be later than that due to what times the others end.
Going with smyrna in a close game... you guys give Fry way too much credit sometimes. Kid is a good player but he throws a lot of picks as well. He was awful last year in the state championship game. FYI- Smyrna Qb has more passing yards than Fry and is the only QB in the state with D1 & D2 scholarship offers as a QB. Kid gets a lot of slack on the board... think he's done a solid job given what he was thrown into and having to learn that offense on the fly
Not sure where you're getting your info. Fry has only 5 picks this year. Wilson has 12.

Reactions: CHS89
I was never debating who was better and you know just as much as I do the coaches voting, the all conference, all state process is a joke so that don't mean much to most.
Honestly looking through the All conference teams your states coaches picked is pretty hilarious. Half are correct, 25 percent are boarder line crazy, and the rest I assume are fake because it just has to be.
It’s pretty bad in most states but DE may be the worst. When you have kids with multiple college offers getting second team behind someone that prob won’t even play flag football after graduation it is pretty bad.
As for The QB debate it is 1A and 1B for who is the best in DE. Poll 100 college recruiters and it’s probally a 50 / 50 split. I like both of them.

Reactions: onejeron
Which ever team has the least amount of turnover will win the game! That's my prediction.
But no really, does Fry have any offers???

Prep.. stop being so nice. I like the kid Wilson but if you polled 100 college recruiters it will be about 80/20, 70/30 Fry at the least. Fry easily passes the eye test over Wilson. Has a stronger arm, more accurate, better mechanics and pocket awareness plus he is just a Junior.

D2 schools see the ability and know he is a D1 kid so most will not even waste time offering him. D1 schools will evaluate him during the current contact period and he should get few school visits and an invite to a spring game or two and many camp invites. He should receive his first offer by February depending on how active he is but will definitely have at least one ( I believe 4-5) by June/July at the latest.

It will happen this way for two reasons...
1) He is not a bonafide 4-5 star stud colleges aren't going to just through offers to Juniors this early they want to see the development.
2) He is sitting in Delaware so schools aren't going to jump at him anyway because their out look on the state's competition. Unless they have had great success with past Delaware players.

Reactions: prepfootballstars
I dont understand why people are so hung up on 'college offers' when examining all conference/all state. They aren't always related. It would be like saying Tim Tebow didn't deserve to make All-American because he wasn't going to be a good professional QB. (tebow may have been the best COLLEGE qb of all-time). Many players are better as high schools players with no chance to play at next level and some guys are not as good in high school - but are better 'prospects' because of their "potential".

There is definitely room for debate on postseason honors - but I don't think most coaches use "college offers" as a deciding factor in their vote. They vote based on what they see on film and on the recommendation of other coaches.

Reactions: Lazertron
That totally would depend on the system the schools polled run as well... drew is clearly the bigger, stronger kid...and many programs love those type kids but that is not the only factor schools look at.. Wilson's athleticism and versatility make him intriguing as well. I believe wilson is an FCS level kid and that's where his offers are at. Drew should get FCS offers as well and because of the size and body type may get some FBS as well. Keep in mind Qb offers are tough to come by.. especially for Delaware kids so they both should be proud of themselves

If your familiar with camps...In a camp setting who would you say tests out better overall?

Sportsguy302.... Wilson will probably test out better than Fry but depending on tests I think it would be closer than you think. But at the same time Wilson's test scores wouldn't be so eye popping that his test scores will make him overshadow Fry. So in the camp setting after the testing they do indy skill work and then 1v1s. Sometimes 3v3s or 7v7s. In those parts is where Fry would overshadow Wilson. Mainly for the reasons I said before with him moving well being accurate and him doing that next too Wilson, Fry looks the part and many coaches will take the eye test over skill being that close.

Art.. and some base their vote on the buddy system... you vote for my guys and I'll vote for your guys... the best kids are not always the ones who make these lists. The popular programs or the kids that get the most coverage by the newspapers usually dominate the rosters. If it were truly based on the talent level especially today with Hudl each kid should get evaluated by the coaches viewing his film, seeing them in person and by their production on the field

fellas let the scouts scout, both of these guys have stepped up there games, both guys have their own individual skill set, both guys are talented etc....we all have our favorites, i'm excited to see a great game. lets face it, most of us knew week 1 that these two teams would most likely end up competing for the ship. this game is gonna be decided by the best "TEAM" so big props to not only the QB's but the o line guys, d line guys , Db's , special teams guys and coaches.

Screw the OL, DL and everyone else. The QB is the face of the team and an extension of the coach. If you win you great and if you lose you suck...LOL

Reactions: 84rider
Screw the OL, DL and everyone else. The QB is the face of the team and an extension of the coach. If you win you great and if you lose you suck...LOL

nice, got a good laugh out of that lmao, thats a classic response

note: vor247 was using satire for all of you forum police

Last edited:
Reactions: VoiceofReason247
I dont understand why people are so hung up on 'college offers' when examining all conference/all state. They aren't always related. It would be like saying Tim Tebow didn't deserve to make All-American because he wasn't going to be a good professional QB. (tebow may have been the best COLLEGE qb of all-time). Many players are better as high schools players with no chance to play at next level and some guys are not as good in high school - but are better 'prospects' because of their "potential".

There is definitely room for debate on postseason honors - but I don't think most coaches use "college offers" as a deciding factor in their vote. They vote based on what they see on film and on the recommendation of other coaches.
I totally disagree with you. Every year the kid thats “signed” or “committed” that gets the nod for All-State over a kid that had a better year at the same respective position. It happens all the time.

In my opinion whatever QB wins the Chip each year should always get 1st Team All-State (unless they are on a run only football team).

I totally disagree with you. Every year the kid thats “signed” or “committed” that gets the nod for All-State over a kid that had a better year at the same respective position. It happens all the time.
The worst example was when the gave Andre Patton Defensive POY and he in no way deserved it. Against CA he looked like he didn’t even want to be out there. He was one of the best athletes in the state for sure but not the best defensive player that year.

The worst example was when the gave Andre Patton Defensive POY and he in no way deserved it. Against CA he looked like he didn’t even want to be out there. He was one of the best athletes in the state for sure but not the best defensive player that year.
He did have a solid 33 tackles that year. His best tackle was what he said after the coin flip as the Blue Team Captain, does anyone remember?

Reactions: CHS89
He did have a solid 33 tackles that year. His best tackle was what he said after the coin flip as the Blue Team Captain, does anyone remember?

Or the year they gave C Reeder DPOY when he had like 1 interception and 40 tackles.

Let me say- he’s a beast. Was then, is now. But his stats his senior year didn’t warrant that award and he got it because Knight earned OPOY so I guess whoever picks the winner felt he should get something.

I can tell you that whomever wins the state title always gets more players on the All-state teams. In some cases it's deserving. In some it's not.
Not so sure about that one, When Delmar won in 09 only their punter and safety made 3rd team all state....

What does regular season record have to do with 1st team all state?
You’re kidding... RIGHT? It has everything to do with it! Your body of work over the 10 games determines your post season accolades. It’s not about just the championship game. So with your logic a kid that didn’t have a great statistical year, but had a great championship game, should make 1st team All State? You can’t be serious.

You’re kidding... RIGHT? It has everything to do with it! Your body of work over the 10 games determines your post season accolades. It’s not about just the championship game. So with your logic a kid that didn’t have a great statistical year, but had a great championship game, should make 1st team All State? You can’t be serious.
As far as what does the regular season have to do with All State? How many kids can you name that have been All State from 2-8 or 3-7 teams?

Diehardsportsfan... What about that kid that is a playing lights out at OG or OT that paves the way does his assignment pancakes protects but has a bad RB or QB and other lineman that do not block consistently. DL (Hale from Mount) that blows up offensive lines or LB that is all over the field but offense can't score points or rest of D isn't that good. CB that shuts down half the field but front seven can't consistently stop the run or they pass to the other side. WR that is hard to cover puts up All-State stats but team is bad (Reed from Poly or Duncan from Tatnall).

By counting their teams record they don't qualify.

Diehardsportsfan... What about that kid that is a playing lights out at OG or OT that paves the way does his assignment pancakes protects but has a bad RB or QB and other lineman that do not block consistently. DL (Hale from Mount) that blows up offensive lines or LB that is all over the field but offense can't score points or rest of D isn't that good. CB that shuts down half the field but front seven can't consistently stop the run or they pass to the other side. WR that is hard to cover puts up All-State stats but team is bad (Reed from Poly or Duncan from Tatnall).

By counting their teams record they don't qualify.
I’m not saying good players on bad teams shouldn’t be recognized for post season awards. I would think they would make Honorable Mention All State which is still a great accomplishment! But we all know that 95% of the All State teams will be kids that come from winning programs! Duncan is an exception. He would be a big time contributor on either Smyrna or Mtwn. But going back to your original statement that whichever QB wins the championship each year should be all state is basically saying if a kid has 8 TD passes n 13ints but wins the title, that’s your All State QB? Sorry, I just can’t agree. Again, the best QB, with the best stats, on a solid team should be All State. Also, I’m pretty sure that unless you’re 1st Team All Conference you’re not even eligible to make All State? I could be wrong.

I’m not saying good players on bad teams shouldn’t be recognized for post season awards. I would think they would make Honorable Mention All State which is still a great accomplishment! But we all know that 95% of the All State teams will be kids that come from winning programs! Duncan is an exception. He would be a big time contributor on either Smyrna or Mtwn. But going back to your original statement that whichever QB wins the championship each year should be all state is basically saying if a kid has 8 TD passes n 13ints but wins the title, that’s your All State QB? Sorry, I just can’t agree. Again, the best QB, with the best stats, on a solid team should be All State. Also, I’m pretty sure that unless you’re 1st Team All Conference you’re not even eligible to make All State? I could be wrong.
If there are truly coaches who are voting based on your theory, and I'm not saying that there aren't, no wonder our system of picking all state/conference is a joke.But this is possibly true at all levels. Look at the Heisman voting. They could take that vote often times before the season even starts and it wouldn't make a difference.

If there are truly coaches who are voting based on your theory, and I'm not saying that there aren't, no wonder our system of picking all state/conference is a joke.But this is possibly true at all levels. Look at the Heisman voting. They could take that vote often times before the season even starts and it wouldn't make a difference.
It’s not so much “my theory” as it is common sense. You can’t honestly think that the championship winning QB should automatically be All State regardless of his personal/team success? If so let me ask you this. How man Heisman winners have you seen come from below average teams?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT