ADVERTISEMENT

Top 15 teams so far

Chill44

Good all around Player
Jul 15, 2012
what is everyone’s opinion on the top 15 teams so far this season...playoff favorites????

Haven't seen a lot of these teams but here's a shot from half court.

1. Sanford
2. St. George
3. Caravel
4. Dover
5, CR
6. Salesianum
7. Delcastle
8. Concord
9. Newark Charter
10. St E
11. Smyrna
12. Sussex Tech
13. Newark
14. Cape Henlopen
15. Middletown

Reactions: Chill44

1. Sanford
2. St. George
3. Caravel
4. Dover
5, CR
6. Salesianum
7. Delcastle
8. Concord
9. Newark Charter
10. St E
11. Smyrna
12. Sussex Tech
13. Newark
14. Cape Henlopen
15. Middletown

Brother Briggs nails it from 1/2 court....

Reactions: Patcomic

1. Sanford
2. St. George
3. Caravel
4. Dover
5, CR
6. Salesianum
7. Delcastle
8. Concord
9. Newark Charter
10. St E
11. Smyrna
12. Sussex Tech
13. Newark
14. Cape Henlopen
15. Middletown

I've been to one game so far this season, Newark over Delcastle. From what I saw of those two teams, if they are in the top fifteen, Delaware HS basketball is in a sad state of affairs.

Reactions: jvm3
I've been to one game so far this season, Newark over Delcastle. From what I saw of those two teams, if they are in the top fifteen, Delaware HS basketball is in a sad state of affairs.

I disagree! I've been tuned into DE HS bball for last 6 years, it is still strong. Some talent has left the state but plenty remains. The only difference I notice is that 'some' of the top teams now were not 5-6yrs ago. DE has size issues as usual. Its exhausting listening to DE Bball haters. The sad state of affairs for Delaware is the DIAA...

I disagree! I've been tuned into DE HS bball for last 6 years, it is still strong. Some talent has left the state but plenty remains. The only difference I notice is that 'some' of the top teams now were not 5-6yrs ago. DE has size issues as usual. Its exhausting listening to DE Bball haters. The sad state of affairs for Delaware is the DIAA...
I was just surprised to see Delcastle and Newark in the top 15. When I saw them play each other, they were both very average teams, at best.

I was just surprised to see Delcastle and Newark in the top 15. When I saw them play each other, they were both very average teams, at best.

both teams are likely top 10 teams

the games happening this week and weekend will give us all a clearer picture

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Mt. Pleasant even though they do have a bad 1-pt loss to William Penn I had been hearing a lot about them. I wouldn’t have Cape in there right now & I would put Lake in.

Reactions: foshizzle88
I would have Dover #2 as well...Did they win their second game down inSalisbury? If so that would put them at 8-0.

Yes, they won both games they played. Their starters sat most of the fourth quarter of the second game. They are 8-0.

As the Cheez says this Top 15 is for information purposes only...

I will say I missed Lake and possibly Mount, but I haven't seen either of them.

There will be 2 good upstate-downstate matchup the next couple days:

Friday Dover hosts Wm Penn. I saw WP tonight beat a depleted St E team 56-44. That makes them only 2-3 but still they looked like a pretty decent team. Christensen is good coach. They might give Dover a scare.

Saturday, Caravel goes to Lake. This looks like a good game. I hope to get to this one. I haven't been to Lake in 114 years.

Reactions: Patcomic
As the Cheez says this Top 15 is for information purposes only...

I will say I missed Lake and possibly Mount, but I haven't seen either of them.

There will be 2 good upstate-downstate matchup the next couple days:

Friday Dover hosts Wm Penn. I saw WP tonight beat a depleted St E team 56-44. That makes them only 2-3 but still they looked like a pretty decent team. Christensen is good coach. They might give Dover a scare.

Saturday, Caravel goes to Lake. This looks like a good game. I hope to get to this one. I haven't been to Lake in 114 years.

William Penn better have some good guards if they want to keep up with Dover.

Lake played Caravel down to the wire last year in the playoffs before losing by 2 so that should be an interesting matchup.

Reactions: handsdownmandown
WP is a sleeper, defeated a good Mount team and then come out and dominate the defending state champs on the boards. Will be interesting to see which WP team shows up to Dover on Friday Afternoon.

WP is a sleeper, defeated a good Mount team and then come out and dominate the defending state champs on the boards. Will be interesting to see which WP team shows up to Dover on Friday Afternoon.

I'm going to have to see the William Penn team for myself. They got beat by Hodgson & that is Hodgson's only win (1-5) who has losses to McKean, St. Thomas More & Howard (by 20). Yet Penn has 2 wins against Mount Pleasant & St's E's...I can't figure them out.

I'm going to have to see the William Penn team for myself. They got beat by Hodgson & that is Hodgson's only win (1-5) who has losses to McKean, St. Thomas More & Howard (by 20). Yet Penn has 2 wins against Mount Pleasant & St's E's...I can't figure them out.

Had Sallies beat too

This Friday night, William Penn, the TEAM OF MYSTERY, travels south to the state capital to take on the undefeated Senators of Dover. A sellout crowd (including a doubtful J12) is expected.

This Friday night, William Penn, the TEAM OF MYSTERY, travels south to the state capital to take on the undefeated Senators of Dover. A sellout crowd (including a doubtful J12) is expected.

I mean I have not seen Penn this year so I can only going off of their results thus far. Not to mention that they lost their top 3 players but they usually reload pretty well & their style of play keeps them in games. I’m just now noticing that their loss to Sallies was in OT...smh. That Hodgson loss just keeps standing out to me.

Don’t expect a sellout crowd at Dover High though...that gym is huge & probably seats more than any other gym in Delaware (including Del State) other than UD.

J, once the word gets out about Wm Penn being this team of mystery, folks from Smyrna to Hartley will be pouring down Forrest Avenue. There won't be a seat available at the McDonalds before the game. You won't even be able to get one slice at Betsy Ross pizza.

Do yourself a favor. Get your ticket at the school Friday morning so you don't get shut out.

J, once the word gets out about Wm Penn being this team of mystery, folks from Smyrna to Hartley will be pouring down Forrest Avenue. There won't be a seat available at the McDonalds before the game. You won't even be able to get one slice at Betsy Ross pizza.

Do yourself a favor. Get your ticket at the school Friday morning so you don't get shut out.

I thought you were an upstate guy but you seem to know the Dover area very well...LoL.

FYI...the pizza is great at Betsy Ross but the cheesesteaks & lasagna with Italian sausage are my favorites.

Lake just went down to Milford...smh. They will need a win against Woodbridge next week now to hop back into the Henlopen South mix. I’m not sure what Lake team will show up against Caravel Saturday but I hope it’s not the one that showed up tonight.

Lake just went down to Milford...smh. They will need a win against Woodbridge next week now to hop back into the Henlopen South mix. I’m not sure what Lake team will show up against Caravel Saturday but I hope it’s not the one that showed up tonight.
Milford is no walk over... could be a team to upset a few teams in the playoffs....with Jamon Kane out for Woodbridge they are a favorite to win the south after tonight’s win over lake....I think Lake and Caravel will be a decent game

Milford is no walk over... could be a team to upset a few teams in the playoffs....with Jamon Kane out for Woodbridge they are a favorite to win the south after tonight’s win over lake....I think Lake and Caravel will be a decent game

It's always hard to get a grasp on just how good the Henlopen South teams are because they beat up on each other but often don't compete with the Henlopen North teams. Then every once in a while something like last year happens when Lake beat CR in a surprising upset.

Can someone post the score of the Dover and William Penn game ,please and thank you.

3 of their losses are to Sallies (in OT), St George and Dover. Unfortunately for them, it's not gonna get much easier. Flight A is very competitive this year. Only Hodgson is having a bad season. And of course Penn lost them too.

Penn is confusing. They play the best defense in the state, are patient on offense, but...something's missing.

Penn is confusing. They play the best defense in the state, are patient on offense, but...something's missing.

They play the same style that they have been playing for years but they just don't have any standout players or offensive production from players as they have had in the past...like Harding, Wall & Bowling from last year who are all gone. I mean they lost a game 28-24 this year & they led at halftime...7-4!!! That alone says a lot. They play a strong schedule though so if they can get to 8/9 wins they could still have a shot at the tournament if they can put a couple good wins together.

From what I saw against Dover, they are missing a solid ball handler. They have a couple dudes who can shoot but they need to be catch and shoot. So forcing them to put the ball on the ground makes it tough for them. But they are young so give them a couple years and they will compete. Right now is the turning, getting feet wet season.
But they do crash the boards well, mainly how they beat St E's.

Wm Penn lost everyone and it'll take awhile. Maybe they get in as a 23-24. But they've got get some wins to do it. Gonna be tough.

With that said, the team I like that's under the radar is Concord. Seen them 3 times and they lost 2. Then they beat a decent Newark Charter team. All 3 games they trailed but never gave up. Only a questionable call in the last seconds kept them from going OT with Dover. Nice starting five with guys who contribute off the bench. But like Penn, they have a tough schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT